Creative CA0132 (G1.Sniper M3) patch for AppleHDA or VoodooHDA

wern apfel

851 posts in this topic

I think you use the rear headphone jack, use the front jack choose the first line-out and the CA0132tool should work as expected. The tool needs a few changes.

The voodoo kext can't show you your display name, you can try this, it should show you only one HDMI-device. attachicon.gifVoodooHDA-HDMI.kext.zip

Thank you for the updates!

With the old VoodooHDA I had 4 HMDI outputs with the 2nd actual working. With this new one I have only 3 HDMI outputs with the 1st working. Nice! If there's a solution to ged rid of the other two... even nicer, but this is really cosmetic, so no big deal for me.

I installed all your suggested files + layout_id 4 but I have no luck with the new CA0132Tool (see pic). The Audioswitcher (are both tools meant to do the same?) starts with "5.1 Surround" and sticks to it whatever I choose. So I'm rather clueless here...

BUT I experienced analog audio via the rear HP after sleep/wake for the first time! Great!! It still has some flaws (but I'm sure you have an explanation for that).

Rear HP was gone again after sleep/wake but then I plugged the HP jack into rear line out instead and there was sound! I plugged it back into rear HP and even that output was back alive! So, well, I thought I have to plug something into the rear line out to keep rear HP after sleep/wake. I tried it with my HP in rear HP and just a an unconnected cable in rear line out. But still no HP sound after sleep. But it came back when I unplugged the rear line out cable again. So the rear line out acts like a switch in my experience: After sleep/wake it switches on (or revives) the rear HP whenever I put a jack in OR out.

Does this make any sense?

post-2194639-0-33889500-1503261029_thumb.png

Thank you for the updates!

With the old VoodooHDA I had 4 HMDI outputs with the 2nd actual working. With this new one I have only 3 HDMI outputs with the 1st working. Nice! If there's a solution to ged rid of the other two... even nicer, but this is really cosmetic, so no big deal for me.

I installed all your suggested files + layout_id 4 but I have no luck with the new CA0132Tool (see pic). The Audioswitcher (are both tools meant to do the same?) starts with "5.1 Surround" and sticks to it whatever I choose. So I'm rather clueless here...

BUT I experienced analog audio via the rear HP after sleep/wake for the first time! Great!! It still has some flaws (but I'm sure you have an explanation for that).

Rear HP was gone again after sleep/wake but then I plugged the HP jack into rear line out instead and there was sound! I plugged it back into rear HP and even that output was back alive! So, well, I thought I have to plug something into the rear line out to keep rear HP after sleep/wake. I tried it with my HP in rear HP and just a an unconnected cable in rear line out. But still no HP sound after sleep. But it came back when I unplugged the rear line out cable again. So the rear line out acts like a switch in my experience: After sleep/wake it switches on (or revives) the rear HP whenever I put a jack in OR out.

Does this make any sense?

These are useful infos, i'll upload later some updated files. The CA0132Tool should work if you press the control key before you start it, but only with the front HP jack. The Switcher is nearly the same, but it is in an early beta stage.

Try this HDMI kext.  VoodooHDA-HDMI.kext.zip

• Like 2

These are useful infos, i'll upload later some updated files. The CA0132Tool should work if you press the control key before you start it, but only with the front HP jack. The Switcher is nearly the same, but it is in an early beta stage.

Try this HDMI kext.  attachicon.gifVoodooHDA-HDMI.kext.zip

The control key trick changed nothing unfortunately. Strange thing, I had no problems starting your previous versions...

BUT:

Bullseye! The new HDMI.kext nailed it! Excellent work once more! Now HDMI sound works and looks how it should, thank you soooo much!!

Try this HDMI kext.  attachicon.gifVoodooHDA-HDMI.kext.zip

Thanks,

The only issues i got is after sleep I do not have Headphones neither mics, only line out.

The HDMI kext work fine showing just one line.

Another issue is that all outputs show the same name "line output" but this is just cosmetics ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Thanks for your continued support on the Audio Chip-set. Thanks Wern for helping me with that earlier on 10.12.2, but now i am on 10.12.6. My Mother Board is Gigabyte Gaming 7 

I do have a small question though.

I am using Audio Layout 6 with (AppleALC and Lilu) and it seems to give output through Line out + Headphones + Headphones and the volume slider for them work - at least on display. I have not tested them as i am primarily focused on audio output through the "Digital Output", which is working. The main concern of mine is that that volume bar does not work on the Digital Output. Is there any way to fix that ?

I use external DAC and it is very hard to control the volume via the analog knob all the time.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks again

BIOS Version - F8Q (Gigabyte)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 (Z170 Chipset)
Audio Codec: Creative CA0132
Mac: Sierra 10.12.6
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
4.01 GHz Intel Core i7 (6700K)
32 GB 2132 MHz DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2047 MB

post-948324-0-11104300-1504767300_thumb.png post-948324-0-75762300-1504767406_thumb.png post-948324-0-97321400-1504767527_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

The control key trick changed nothing unfortunately. Strange thing, I had no problems starting your previous versions...

Here an update of the tool, still not solved the rear Headphones issue, use the front HP instead.

CA0132Tool 2.zip

Thanks,

The only issues i got is after sleep I do not have Headphones neither mics, only line out.

The HDMI kext work fine showing just one line.

Another issue is that all outputs show the same name "line output" but this is just cosmetics ;)

For the sleep issue, try this CodecCommander.kext CodecCommander.kext.zip

Hi all,

Thanks for your continued support on the Audio Chip-set. Thanks Wern for helping me with that earlier on 10.12.2, but now i am on 10.12.6. My Mother Board is Gigabyte Gaming 7 

I am using Audio Layout 6 with (AppleALC and Lilu) and it seems to give output through Line out + Headphones + Headphones and the volume slider for them work - at least on display. I have not tested them as i am primarily focused on audio output through the "Digital Output", which is working. The main concern of mine is that that volume bar does not work on the Digital Output. Is there any way to fix that ?

I use external DAC and it is very hard to control the volume via the analog knob all the time.

Thanks again

32 GB 2132 MHz DDR4

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-09-07 at 5.03.56 pm.png attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-09-07 at 5.08.36 pm.png attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-09-07 at 5.10.19 pm.png

Unfortunately, this is the intended behaviour by Apple. It works @Windows and Linux but there is a kind of downsampling with some quality loss, i think that's the reason why Apple is denying us that feature. 

• Like 2

Hi all,

Thanks again

32 GB 2132 MHz DDR4

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-09-07 at 5.03.56 pm.png attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-09-07 at 5.08.36 pm.png attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-09-07 at 5.10.19 pm.png

You can try to use a solution like Soundflower to control the DAC volume through software

hi, i have read all the solutions below and tried, unfortunately,none of those worked for me except the Voodoohda which can have the sound output but no volume control.i want the output volume control very much!

my spec:

Alienware 15 R1

cpu:i7 4720hq

audio:sound blaster recon3di

graphics:intel hd4600,nvidia gtx980m

I have tried also the sierra ones in #1,but not work at all.i also tried the alienware15 r2 applehda fix as well as applealc,neither worked for me...i'm now using sierra 10.12.6.could you please take a look?

thanks in advance!!!

@wern apfel

Hi, 

After one year of being outside the macOS world I am finally back in with High Sierra and my X99 Gaming 5P Mobo. Updated the CPU now to a 6900K .

Anyway. I have been reading through this thread and I am very confused. Before I only had to install a Kext, now it seems a need a tool?

BTW, I also have a GTX 760 in my system but there are no HDMI outputs detected even though the card was natively detected by macOS and works perfectly otherwise.

Wern, if it is not much trouble, could you please give me a little guidance. To get my Creative CA0132 working , what do I need to do now?

hi, i have read all the solutions below and tried, unfortunately,none of those worked for me except the Voodoohda which can have the sound output but no volume control.i want the output volume control very much!

my spec:

Alienware 15 R1

cpu:i7 4720hq

audio:sound blaster recon3di

graphics:intel hd4600,nvidia gtx980m

I have tried also the sierra ones in #1,but not work at all.i also tried the alienware15 r2 applehda fix as well as applealc,neither worked for me...i'm now using sierra 10.12.6.could you please take a look?

thanks in advance!!!

Save and upload your IOReg!

@wern apfel

Hi, 

After one year of being outside the macOS world I am finally back in with High Sierra and my X99 Gaming 5P Mobo. Updated the CPU now to a 6900K .

Anyway. I have been reading through this thread and I am very confused. Before I only had to install a Kext, now it seems a need a tool?

BTW, I also have a GTX 760 in my system but there are no HDMI outputs detected even though the card was natively detected by macOS and works perfectly otherwise.

Wern, if it is not much trouble, could you please give me a little guidance. To get my Creative CA0132 working , what do I need to do now?

Let the AppleHDA.kext untouched and use the latest AppleALC.kext  it should be copied to clover/kexts/other, change the layout-id to 4,5 or 6  and CodecCommander to /S/L/E. Don't forget to repair permissions.

The CA0132Tool is a tool that allows you to try out a few things, if you wanna use 5.1 and Headphones i recommend the CA0132 switcher

• Like 2

Hi!

@wern apfel

1. Do I set the layout-id in Clover->DEvices->Audio Inject and set the value to 4 ,5 or 6? 

I don't have a DSDT cause I didn't need one.

2. Does the CodecCommander have to be in /S/L/E ? Can't I place in Clover kexts ? 

I already have the latest AppleALC.kext in Clover/etc.

Edit:

1. I have the AppleALC.kext in Clover

2. I've set the Clover->Devices-> Audio Inject to 5 (I also tried 4)

3. I've placed the linked CodecCommander in /S/L/E and fixed permissions using Kext Utility (hopefully the tool also works on High Sierra).

Results => No audio output devices exist on my system.

Save and upload your IOReg!

Let the AppleHDA.kext untouched and use the latest AppleALC.kext  it should be copied to clover/kexts/other, change the layout-id to 4,5 or 6  and CodecCommander to /S/L/E. Don't forget to repair permissions.

The CA0132Tool is a tool that allows you to try out a few things, if you wanna use 5.1 and Headphones i recommend the CA0132 switcher

here's the file,thanks!

link:http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dF1YYsx

code:f4iz

Hi!

@wern apfel

1. Do I set the layout-id in Clover->DEvices->Audio Inject and set the value to 4 ,5 or 6? 

Yes, it works with clover.

2. Does the CodecCommander have to be in /S/L/E ? Can't I place in Clover kexts ?

Yes, else it doesn't work properly.

I already have the latest AppleALC.kext in Clover/etc.

I've forget to say that AppleALC needs Lilu!, but you've already done it.

Results => No audio output devices exist on my system.

You also need the ALZA to HDEF patch.

post-448675-0-16570100-1506621750_thumb.png

here's the file,thanks!

link:http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dF1YYsx

code:f4iz

Remove VoodooHDA and AppleHDADisabler, set the layout-id to 1, if it doesn't work upload the IOREG.

Any solution for high sierra ?

If it works @Sierra it should work @HighSierra too. No updates needed!

Yes, it works with clover.

Yes, else it doesn't work properly.

I've forget to say that AppleALC needs Lilu!, but you've already done it.

You also need the ALZA to HDEF patch.

attachicon.gifALZAtoHDEF.png

OK!

So I also applied the patch you said but no difference. 

I have however used https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection/blob/master/ssdt_hdef/ssdt_hdef-1-x99-alza.zip

And now the video card HDMI seems to be detected as HDEF , but it's still not listed under Sound Outputs.

ApplecALC is where it should be.

CommanderCodec is where you said it should be.

Lilu.kext is also in Clover.

I am out of ideas.

I've linked here my current IOReg and my Clover EFI folder. Maybe I'm missing something.

IOREG: http://www.mediafire.com/file/a88dds4e2ts0syp/iMac.ioreg

EFI: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pnz1bemzkeiprib/EFI.zip

To be honest, I would be more than happy to donate again if we could get this sound card to work.

Thank you!

I have linked here both my Clover EFI file and my current IOREG.

Edit: this might also help: http://www.mediafire.com/view/ci8j95530is0ggu/Screen%20Shot%202017-09-28%20at%2022.16.52.png

After some work this is my current situation.

Got HDMI sound working via https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_amd-nvidia/tree/master/ssdt_hdmi-nvidia

Problem is, if I try your patch for ALZAtoHDEF or Toleda's  for ALZA to HDEF, the system hangs at boot indefinitely. Either patch won't get my audio card to be recognised by macOS unfortunately.

Here is an example: https://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/img_20170929_005838-jpg.281629/

I have two options to get the system to boot right now:

- Not use any ALZAtoHDEF patch and use Toleda HDMI fix => HDMI sound working.

- Use ALZAtoHDEF and not use HDMI patch => no audio device

After some work this is my current situation.

Got HDMI sound working via https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_amd-nvidia/tree/master/ssdt_hdmi-nvidia

Problem is, if I try your patch for ALZAtoHDEF or Toleda's  for ALZA to HDEF, the system hangs at boot indefinitely. Either patch won't get my audio card to be recognised by macOS unfortunately.

Here is an example: https://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/img_20170929_005838-jpg.281629/

I have two options to get the system to boot right now:

- Not use any ALZAtoHDEF patch and use Toleda HDMI fix => HDMI sound working.

- Use ALZAtoHDEF and not use HDMI patch => no audio device

You can use the HDMI SSDT it will probably not affect the HDEF device. For the ALZA to HDEF patch, you can use your preferred method, look at the IOReg if the device name is "HDEF" the patch is working.

I think your issue is the HDAController, which is not supported natively by the driver. Here you said that the patch is working, try it again. Normally the AppleALC should do it for you but it seems that there are two patches for your controller that are likely to interfere. I'll upload later a kext with only one patch for your controller. 

PS: Please use IORegistryExpolrer 2.1 which makes smaller files, and the content is sorted by name. 

I wonder if you did the 10.13 update in the meantime. I'm rather shy to do it right now. It took me a while to get there where I am with Mr. Apfels great support. Don't wanne mess it all up and start from scratch.

I've used HighSierra since the first DP with layout-id 0, which doesn't need the CodecCommander.kext where only rear line-out and rear HP is working. A few days ago i've updated my working Sierra install without any issues, except that we need to move the CodecCommander to /L/E.

The CA0132Tool also needs an update.

• Like 1

You can use the HDMI SSDT it will probably not affect the HDEF device. For the ALZA to HDEF patch, you can use your preferred method, look at the IOReg if the device name is "HDEF" the patch is working.

I think your issue is the HDAController, which is not supported natively by the driver. Here you said that the patch is working, try it again. Normally the AppleALC should do it for you but it seems that there are two patches for your controller that are likely to interfere. I'll upload later a kext with only one patch for your controller. 

PS: Please use IORegistryExpolrer 2.1 which makes smaller files, and the content is sorted by name. 

Thank you wern !

In the mean time I have done a lot more tinkering with Clover , since I suspected that the inability to boot with both HDEF and HDAU on, might be related to something else.

So I added:

- Drop DMAR table

- DROP SSDT Cpu0lst table

- DROP SSDT CpuPm table

- some cpu kernel patches

Now I enabled again the DSDT patch 414c5a41 to 48444546 + the Kernel patch you mentioned a08c to 208d , and this time everything worked! Yuhu!

Afterwards I disabled the kernel patch a08c to 208d and the system still booted and sound is still on.

Would there be any sound quality difference between having this kernel patch on and off? What would you think? Is there any way to check?

Also I have this while booting:

CodecCommander: no attempt to hook IOAudioDevice due to codec profile Disable flag.

Any other tips that you might have are welcomed.

Thank you!

Now I enabled again the DSDT patch 414c5a41 to 48444546 + the Kernel patch you mentioned a08c to 208d , and this time everything worked! Yuhu!

Congratulation!

Afterwards I disabled the kernel patch a08c to 208d and the system still booted and sound is still on.

That means that AppleALC has done it's job.

Would there be any sound quality difference between having this kernel patch on and off? What would you think? Is there any way to check?

The clover patch does the same as AppleALC, if it works without the patch, you can remove it, there are no differences.

Also I have this while booting:

CodecCommander: no attempt to hook IOAudioDevice due to codec profile Disable flag.

This means that CodecCommander is disabled for HDMI (HDAU device). If the front headphones work with layout-id 5 or 6, the CodecCommander works as expected.

• Like 1

Congratulation!

That means that AppleALC has done it's job.

The clover patch does the same as AppleALC, if it works without the patch, you can remove it, there are no differences.

This means that CodecCommander is disabled for HDMI (HDAU device). If the front headphones work with layout-id 5 or 6, the CodecCommander works as expected.

Excellent good to know.

Only layout 4 and 6 seems to work well for me. Layout 5 gives no output on any ports.

Layout 6 gives:

- Lineout - back, normal speakers working

- Headphones - not working , no output on any port

- Line out - no output on any port

- Digital Out - unable to test

- Microphone (only back) - working

If you want I can give feedback on the other layouts as well.

Front headphones and front microphone are not working.

Not much of a hassle for me, since I plug in the headphones in my speakers , would have been nice to have front microphone and speakers working though.

Excellent good to know.

Only layout 4 and 6 seems to work well for me. Layout 5 gives no output on any ports.

Layout 6 gives:

- Lineout - back, normal speakers working

- Headphones - not working , no output on any port

- Line out - no output on any port

- Digital Out - unable to test

- Microphone (only back) - working

If you want I can give feedback on the other layouts as well.

Front headphones and front microphone are not working.

Not much of a hassle for me, since I plug in the headphones in my speakers , would have been nice to have front microphone and speakers working though.

Move the CodecCommander.kext from /S/L/E to /L/E, and rebuild the cache.

The front microphone jack has no auto detection, as far I know it does not even work in Windows. That's the reason why i've made the CA0132Switcher.

CA0132AudioSwitcher.zip