Creative CA0132 (G1.Sniper M3) patch for AppleHDA or VoodooHDA

wern apfel

851 posts in this topic

Nice! Should I replace only the DSDT.aml and keep all those SSDT files in my patched folder? MaLd0ns had none of those files in his folder at all. I don't know if it makes a difference, just asking.

Remove them all, the DSDT does the same.

Hi everyone, I've been trying to set up audio on my new Gigabyte Z270X-Gaming 7 motherboard and it's been tricky, but it's getting there.

I've managed to get the ports working correctly (AppleALC, layout-id 5, CodecCommander.kext from this thread), but through the headphones jack there is this really annoying white noise coming through, always at the same level, both through front and rear HP ports, and the volume is really really high.

I think that the headphone amplifier is picking up some kind of interference (maybe case fans, or HDD? didn't troubleshoot yet).

I wanted to know if there is any way to control the headphone amp gain using AppleALC and/or CodecCommander? I read somewhere that VodooHDA is able to control this (don't remember where though) so I thought that maybe we could do the same with AppleHDA.

Another weird thing is that in my current setup, the line-out gets really distorted at around 80% and up of max volume level. Has anyone experienced this too?

EDIT: changing the graphics card slot actually reduced 90% of the noise coming from the rear HP port. It still picks up a bit of noise from the fans and HDD but it's way less noticeable.

To be perfect, just need both the speakers line-out and headphone rear port to work at the same time!

Until now i've only made a few changes in MaLd0ns DSDT, try it out and upload a new IOReg. Install the CodecCommander kext with the KextUtility, it will replace the old kext.

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

I replaced CodecCommander kext with no luck. Sound is still gone after sleep/wake.

Regarding the new DSDT:

I first replaced it in my original Clover setup, the one I used to get my Hackintosh running accept sound (which was based on a guide for the 'gaming 5' MB not 'gaming 7' like mine).

Whether I left all the SSDT in the patched folder or not. The system did not boot up properly ending up with this 'dead end sign' (or whatever you would call it - see pic). I then tried MaLd0ns Clover folder again, replacing his DSDT with yours (which would make sense because his setup is based on my gaming 7 MB). Now it boots up fine, layout ID is set to 5 and HDMI audio is showing up (pic). Still no hdmi sound, but front HP again! Maybe it makes sense to proceed this MaLd0ns 'gaming 7' setup and forget about my original 'gaming 5' setup.

I made a new IOReg. Thanks for your efforts and patience!

post-2194639-0-16115300-1501919449_thumb.png

post-2194639-0-75422600-1501919460_thumb.png

ioreg.zip

I replaced CodecCommander kext with no luck. Sound is still gone after sleep/wake.

Regarding the new DSDT:

I first replaced it in my original Clover setup, the one I used to get my Hackintosh running accept sound (which was based on a guide for the 'gaming 5' MB not 'gaming 7' like mine).

Whether I left all the SSDT in the patched folder or not. The system did not boot up properly ending up with this 'dead end sign' (or whatever you would call it - see pic). I then tried MaLd0ns Clover folder again, replacing his DSDT with yours (which would make sense because his setup is based on my gaming 7 MB). Now it boots up fine, layout ID is set to 5 and HDMI audio is showing up (pic). Still no hdmi sound, but front HP again! Maybe it makes sense to proceed this MaLd0ns 'gaming 7' setup and forget about my original 'gaming 5' setup.

I made a new IOReg. Thanks for your efforts and patience!

The DSDT audio patches are working, the controller is loaded but not the driver, I will compare the device-IDs later, and upload a new CodecCommander.kext.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I've been trying to set up audio on my new Gigabyte Z270X-Gaming 7 motherboard and it's been tricky, but it's getting there.

I've managed to get the ports working correctly (AppleALC, layout-id 5, CodecCommander.kext from this thread), but through the headphones jack there is this really annoying white noise coming through, always at the same level, both through front and rear HP ports, and the volume is really really high.

I think that the headphone amplifier is picking up some kind of interference (maybe case fans, or HDD? didn't troubleshoot yet).

It could be the power supply, with my old power supply i could hear a noise while downloading or streaming via WLan.

I wanted to know if there is any way to control the headphone amp gain using AppleALC and/or CodecCommander? I read somewhere that VodooHDA is able to control this (don't remember where though) so I thought that maybe we could do the same with AppleHDA.

Another weird thing is that in my current setup, the line-out gets really distorted at around 80% and up of max volume level. Has anyone experienced this too?

It is possible to control the amplifier gain, but i've not found out how to limit the max gain. The Windows driver limits the gain to 0dB, we could raise it up to 9dB.

To be perfect, just need both the speakers line-out and headphone rear port to work at the same time!

May I ask you why, i think line-out and the front headphones can work at the same time.

@Naundob, here is a voodoo kext, replace the provided DSDT and add the voodooHDA to the clover other folder. If it works make a dump and upload it.

Try to replug the rear line-out (green jack) and see if you have sound after wake up.

voodoo_HDMI_Pascal.zip

@Naundob, here is a voodoo kext, replace the provided DSDT and add the voodooHDA to the clover other folder. If it works make a dump and upload it.

Try to replug the rear line-out (green jack) and see if you have sound after wake up.

attachicon.gifvoodoo_HDMI_Pascal.zip

WOW, HDMI works finally!! 

Output shows 4 HDMI devices with the same name 'Digital-out (HDMI)'. It works when I select the second.

Plugged into rear line-out, sound is still gone after wake up.

I ran 'getdump' but I don't know where to find the dump file (I guess I'm just too dump... um, dumb).

It could be the power supply, with my old power supply i could hear a noise while downloading or streaming via WLan.

It is possible to control the amplifier gain, but i've not found out how to limit the max gain. The Windows driver limits the gain to 0dB, we could raise it up to 9dB.

May I ask you why, i think line-out and the front headphones can work at the same time.

I'm not sure if it is the PSU. My apartment doesn't have grounding so it might be that. Also, most of the noise seems to be caused by GPU usage.

I actually wanted to reduce the gain. I think the volume is way too loud (both on windows and macOS) and maybe reducing the gain would help reduce noise.

And I've actually manages to reduce the noise of the rear HP port to an acceptable level but the front one is still pretty bad, probably due to the F_AUDIO cable quality.

I will try to contact Gigabyte support and see if they recommend anything, since it happens on windows too.

WOW, HDMI works finally!! 

Output shows 4 HDMI devices with the same name 'Digital-out (HDMI)'. It works when I select the second.

Plugged into rear line-out, sound is still gone after wake up.

I ran 'getdump' but I don't know where to find the dump file (I guess I'm just too dump... um, dumb).

Drag and drop getdump into the terminal window, edit -> select all and copy and paste it into a text file.

I'm not sure if it is the PSU. My apartment doesn't have grounding so it might be that. Also, most of the noise seems to be caused by GPU usage.

Like I said, I could hear how fast my download was.

I actually wanted to reduce the gain. I think the volume is way too loud (both on windows and macOS) and maybe reducing the gain would help reduce noise.

Does the noise change when you increase the volume?, if not, limiting the gain will not help.

And I've actually manages to reduce the noise of the rear HP port to an acceptable level but the front one is still pretty bad, probably due to the F_AUDIO cable quality.

I will try to contact Gigabyte support and see if they recommend anything, since it happens on windows too.

You have probably the AMP-UP feature where you can upgrade the AMPs.

Like I said, I could hear how fast my download was.

Does the noise change when you increase the volume?, if not, limiting the gain will not help.

You have probably the AMP-UP feature where you can upgrade the AMPs.

You're probably right about it being the PSU. I just wish I could test with proper grounding. I will try to return it for a better one.

Also, I just realized that audio does not work after sleep. It seems that @naundob has a similar problem, how is it working out for him? Mine is the 270X gaming 7 though, not the 170X.

Ok, I will take a look at it.

Thanks!

Here a new revision of the Here a new revision of the CA0132Tool, maybe this will do what you expect. It should work with layout-id 4., maybe this will do what you expect. It should work with layout-id 4.

Cool, but I'm not sure if this what adressed at me since I'm already very happy with HDMI and front HP working. The only one thing for me was this sleep/wake issue. Does the new CA0132Tool with layout-id 4 tackle this problem?  (I probably got something wrong here, right?).

I have also made a Menulet app, i think it looks better.

Wow, this looks really advanced! When can we test it?  :w00t: 

Hi all,

i am using layout ID 2, i unchecked "reset hda" and i installed wern apfels codec commander to /System/Library/Extensions with Kext Utility.

I am still getting no sound after sleep. AppleALC 1.1.3, Lilu 1.1.5. 10.12.6 Sierra. Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7.

Thanks,

Hunk

Hi...

Firstly, I would like to thanks the big help that people like @wern Apfel are doing here.

I have a GTX 1080 and now I have some problems with the AppleALC. kext.

Well, now AppleALC need to use Lilu.kext and codecCommander in S/L/E folder.

The problem come when I use the Kext nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext because this need also Lilu.kext but the last release. 

If I use the last release of Lilu.kext then I lose sound, but If I don't, I lose nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext and can't boot without black screen.

¿what can I do?

Thanks a lot

Hi...

Firstly, I would like to thanks the big help that people like @wern Apfel are doing here.

I have a GTX 1080 and now I have some problems with the AppleALC. kext.

Well, now AppleALC need to use Lilu.kext and codecCommander in S/L/E folder.

The problem come when I use the Kext nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext because this need also Lilu.kext but the last release.

If I use the last release of Lilu.kext then I lose sound, but If I don't, I lose nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext and can't boot without black screen.

¿what can I do?

Thanks a lot

Put Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and NVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext on Clover/kexts/Other, and CodecCommander.kext on S/L/E. I think that Lilu needs to be loaded before/along with AppleALC
  • Like 1

Put Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and NVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext on Clover/kexts/Other, and CodecCommander.kext on S/L/E. I think that Lilu needs to be loaded before/along with AppleALC

Thanks

I did, but did not load sound controls. :/

Now it is working. What I did was to get rid of the nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext that use lilu.kext and instead I used AgdpFix app. 

Now I can use the AppleALC.kext and lilu.kext from post #440 and sound works.

I'd rather to use nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext because I don't need to reinstall AgdpFix app after system updates, but for the moment is ok.

Is there any problem to make hdmi works with discret card and this appleAlc.kext?

Thanks a lot.

You should connect your Headphones to the rear or front Headphone jack, if the device name is "Internal Speakers" you don't use one of my kexts.

Make sure you use an untouched AppleHDA.kext, remove VoodooHDA.kext, AppleHDADisabler/Enabler.kext, Creative*CA0132.kext then put AppleALC.kext + Lilu.kext to clover/kexts/other, CodecCommander to /S/L/E, repair permissions, rebuild the cache, reboot. Try layout-id from 0 to 6

Alternatively, remove VoodooHDA.kext, AppleHDADisabler/Enabler.kext, Creative*CA0132.kext set the layout-id to 0 and install a fully patched kext to /S/L/E repair permissions, rebuild the cache, reboot.

PS:  I have set the layout-id via DSDT.aml.

Hello to everyone. First of all thank you all supporting here, big thanks to wern apfel for all his efforts making those patches and support.

Im new to the forum and to macOS, ill appreciate some patience. Thanks

I just did a clean install and have followed the alternative steps but I can't find layout-id in my DSDT.aml, idk if im extracting the DSDT.aml file properly. I pressed F4 at Clover boot to get the DSDT.aml in EFI/ACPI/origin/DSDT.aml and I used MaciASL to edit the file pressed win key + F to search and finds nothing, did manual search through the entire file and I couldn't find it either. Im not getting any audio neither shows any device in sound settings.

ps: I used EasyKext Pro to install the fully patched kext in /System/Library/Extensions.

thank you.

DSDT.aml.zip

I just rebooted into windows that a I have on my other hdd and booted back into macOS and its working now, idk what happened but its working great. Thanks again to apfel for this patched kext. 

ps: im only using Kingston Revolver  headphones so I can't test multichannel.

It seems that the Gaming 7 users have no sound after sleep. You can try it with this CodecCommander, install it to /S/L/E. It works here. CodecCommander.kext.zipUnfortunately, i do not have too much time for testing, because of some serious issues with my car. 

You should use the latest Lilu and AppleALC and the latest plugins to avoid issues. As usual install it in the "Clover/kexts/other" folder

Here some small updates of the CA0132 tools. CA0132Tool.zipCA0132AudioSwitcher.zip

They work best with layout-id 4.

• Like 1

It seems that the Gaming 7 users have no sound after sleep. You can try it with this CodecCommander, install it to /S/L/E. It works here. attachicon.gifCodecCommander.kext.zipUnfortunately, i do not have too much time for testing, because of some serious issues with my car. 

Thank you!

Just tried the new CodecCommander but sound is still gone after wakeup.

Good luck with your car! 

It seems that the Gaming 7 users have no sound after sleep. You can try it with this CodecCommander, install it to /S/L/E. It works here. attachicon.gifCodecCommander.kext.zipUnfortunately, i do not have too much time for testing, because of some serious issues with my car. 

You should use the latest Lilu and AppleALC and the latest plugins to avoid issues. As usual install it in the "Clover/kexts/other" folder

Here some small updates of the CA0132 tools. attachicon.gifCA0132Tool.zipattachicon.gifCA0132AudioSwitcher.zip

They work best with layout-id 4.

Thanks...!!

I am having some problem with this new AppleALC.kext, the first time I tried I had HP and rear output, mic failed. I also tried the CA0132 tool but it made me lost the rear output and changed the output name, I want to say that rear output was HP :/. I also put the hack to sleep and after wake up I also had HP.(but anymore)

After rebooted  the computer again I only had HP and no rear output. For the moment I have not be able to get sound after several reboots

It is very frustrating, because sometimes works well and others not :/

Wern Apfel if you want I can test it and help you to build the definitive audio kext for the CA0132 ;)

Thanks and I wish you solve you issue with you car ;)

Here are the files that I use and I have sound after sleep. AppleALC_Lilu.zipIf it still does not work, we need to take care of the ACPI code.

I recommend that you use layout-id 4 with the CA0132 tools. The aim is to keep the audio jacks plugged in and to switch to the desired output via software.

My car is off topic, but after the second broken timing chain, Volkswagen refuses to participate in the costs. Do not buy any car from them. :thumbsdown_anim:

• Like 2

Here are the files that I use and I have sound after sleep. attachicon.gifAppleALC_Lilu.zipIf it still does not work, we need to take care of the ACPI code.

I recommend that you use layout-id 4 with the CA0132 tools. The aim is to keep the audio jacks plugged in and to switch to the desired output via software.

My car is off topic, but after the second broken timing chain, Volkswagen refuses to participate in the costs. Do not buy any car from them. :thumbsdown_anim:

Thanks Wern Apfel,

I've used this files, I got HP and rear output, but no mic.

After sleep no sound too.

I have also tried CA0132 tools but when I selected any output immediately lost rear output and the output's name changed, line output is now Headphones :/

Gigabyte z170x gaming 7

Thanks a lot...!

PD: Sorry for the inconvenience of you car.

Thanks Wern Apfel,

I've used this files, I got HP and rear output, but no mic.

After sleep no sound too.

I have also tried CA0132 tools but when I selected any output immediately lost rear output and the output's name changed, line output is now Headphones :/

Gigabyte z170x gaming 7

Thanks a lot...!

PD: Sorry for the inconvenience of you car.

I think it works only with layout 4 and front HP jack. Please try it.

You can also try this DSDT for the wake up issue, it will also change the layout-id to 4, HDMI could work with this kext, install it to the clover folder, only the kext.

DSDT.aml_Gaming7.zip

• Like 1

I think it works only with layout 4 and front HP jack. Please try it.

You can also try this DSDT for the wake up issue, it will also change the layout-id to 4, HDMI could work with this kext, install it to the clover folder, only the kext.

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml_Gaming7.zip

Thanks...

We have made some progress.

I installed the kext(voodoo) and definitely I got HDMI audio and also installed the DSDT.aml in clover/.../patched/. HDMI audio does not show the name of the screen but it is cosmetics.(see picture below)

I have to say that the changes were better because now when I disconnect the headphones automatically have line output and when connect the headphones I get sound through them, so this is a good improvement.

The only thing to fix is after rebooted the system I lost headphones sound and microphone(yesterday I had lost line output instead) but after reboot I still had line output and HDMI sound.

So I think there are some changes to do to get sound working properly.

Well, many thanks for you help and if you want I will be here to try your changes and test it.

post-1724819-0-67292700-1503064334_thumb.png