Creative CA0132 (G1.Sniper M3) patch for AppleHDA or VoodooHDA

wern apfel

851 posts in this topic

Sorry,, i saw at HDAConfigDefault there are many codec with layoutid 0 and try to change this to "2". For your information, i use axbite method to Patch AppleHDA. It try to include it, and now my sound is working. Good 5.1 Audio :D

You must not change HDAConfigDefault to layout-id 0 if you set your layout-id via dsdt, it only makes sense if you also change the device-id.

I think it's better to leave the kext unchanged until we got it fully working, set only the layout-id to 0 @dsdt, clover can also do this for you but i've never tested it

@Blacky, i have no audio related edits @ clover config, your clover config shows us a lot of changes i don't no if they affect your sound card.

@Mirone, creative labs don't follow the intel hda specs, they do there own thing, the linux community have also a lot of issues with this card.

@Mirone, creative labs don't follow the intel hda specs, they do there own thing, the linux community have also a lot of issues with this card.

you're right, there are several Linux users getting problems
with this codec, and yes, Creative has nothing to do with Intel HDA.
for me the problem is AMP's I can not say anything yet
I have to dig deeper but as always, time is my enemy.

You must not change HDAConfigDefault to layout-id 0 if you set your layout-id via dsdt, it only makes sense if you also change the device-id.

@Blacky, i have no audio related edits @ clover config, your clover config shows us a lot of changes i don't no if they affect your sound card.

Thank you for all your help wern. It is rare when someone takes so much the time and effort to help others.

I am not sure how my layout is being set. Someone else provided the DSDT for me. Something for which I am very grateful.

I have tried to figure out how the device ID is being set in DSDT but ... it's all very foreign to me. These are my DSDT from Clover: http://www.mediafire.com/download/s6387g7b2qmen00/ACPI.zip

As for the Clover settings, if I disable everything then I don't get anything, please see below:

Notice my ID is now 9 instead of 0. I am currently looking for a way to get it to be 0. Any ideas are welcomed.

2pt9qwi.png

1. I use LayoutID 2, i set it with DSDT

2. Put "Creative-CA0132.kext" to EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/10.11
3. Use patch binary for AppleHDA,, you can see at "Patch-OTF.plist" for binary and insert it at config.plist (kext to patch)
4. Extract "Layout and Platform.zip" and you will get "Layout2.zml.zlib" and "Platform.zml.zlib". Copy AppleHDA to Desktop, and put both of this file (layout and platform) to "AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources". Then reinstall this kext with kext utility
5. Restart and your Creative CA0132 will work  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim: 

I thought this is Abxite Method, sorry i mentioned wrong name. It should be "ABXITE". My Bad

And thanks to you Wern Apfel,, This audio data is from your 5.1 AppleHDA for CA0132.

Creative-CA0132.kext.zip

Patch-OTF.plist.zip

Layout and Platform.zip

Here is your edited dsdt to layout-id: 0, with maciasl you can do that in a few seconds.

I should uncheck only what is HDA related in your clover config.

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml_layout_id_0.zip

Hurray! At least now all output are detected without any Clover patches. Also your latest patch has volume control.

Unfortunately my initial problem remains. Any video/audio refuses to playback.

I am sure your drivers are fine. There is something else I am missing.

I trill try log into Windows, but I doubt this will fix the problem. There must be something else preventing the playback.

@Andres Thanx to wern I figured out how to edit the layout ID from the DSDT. Unfortunately layout ID 2 doesn't work for me, only 0.

This is what I get in my console whenever a sound is meant to be played:

16/01/16 20:15:36,000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 6806

16/01/16 20:15:36,000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 1863
16/01/16 20:15:36,000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 6879
16/01/16 20:15:36,000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in IOHDAStream at line 384

1. I use LayoutID 2, i set it with DSDT

2. Put "Creative-CA0132.kext" to EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/10.11

3. Use patch binary for AppleHDA,, you can see at "Patch-OTF.plist" for binary and insert it at config.plist (kext to patch)

4. Extract "Layout and Platform.zip" and you will get "Layout2.zml.zlib" and "Platform.zml.zlib". Copy AppleHDA to Desktop, and put both of this file (layout and platform) to "AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources". Then reinstall this kext with kext utility

5. Restart and your Creative CA0132 will work  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim: 

I thought this is Abxite Method, sorry i mentioned wrong name. It should be "ABXITE". My Bad

And thanks to you Wern Apfel,, This audio data is from your 5.1 AppleHDA for CA0132.

i test its volume control not work but sound worked

thanks.

@Blacky your ioreg looks ok, i think its better to use ioregexplorer 2 (ver. 3 makes really huge files)

@Andres with layout-id: 0 you don't need any dsdt edits beside HDEF name, axbite ??

@Mirone i don't understand your question, with the old kext i've no volume control, only with soundflower

@All, please try this kext for volume control, you have only LineOut and rear HP, no multichannel

attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_2CH.zip

Cool thing you can enable PlayEnhancements (atm only) @Windows or Linux change settings, restart and enjoy it, settings remain stored until you power off your PC

You don't need that clover kext patch, the kext is already patched, use only layout-id: 0

But if you see that devices the kext is working, try to start windows once 

Output volume control and sound its worked.

Thanks .

I test this for x99 for Creative-CA0132

sound is best.

Set DSDT LayoutID=9

post-413859-0-50447500-1453004361_thumb.png

volume control worked

4 output worked

2 input worked

Set DSDT LayoutID=0

What do you mean with "Work". I check it only shows audio control, but it's not function. Some like cosmetics. I decrease/increase volume with control but no effects. Take a look at my screenshot, i try to low volume but in fact it still loud. Sorry for my bad englsih

post-1311960-0-36342500-1453025953_thumb.png

Andres your patching method is bit complicated, the OTF patch we can do later if the kext is fully working, ahh ABXITE is the xml to zml patch

@Blacky, have you tried MP3 files maybe it's only a adobe flash issue, if you wanna do more tests you have to install codeccommander + had-verb and enter some terminal commands

@manor thanks for your reply and contribution, what does this patch?

<dict>
			<key>Comment</key>
			<string>X99 Chipsets Audio controller</string>
			<key>Find</key>
			<data>
			IIw=
			</data>
			<key>Name</key>
			<string>AppleHDAController</string>
			<key>Replace</key>
			<data>
			II0=
			</data>

Andres your patching method is bit complicated, the OTF patch we can do later if the kext is fully working, ahh ABXITE is the xml to xml patch

XML to ZML is best answer,, 

I want to ask,, did audio controller really work??? It's look cosmetics to me, no effect.

XML to ZML is best answer,, 

I want to ask,, did audio controller really work??? It's look cosmetics to me, no effect.

Volume control works only with the 2channel kext, but be warned if you enable more channels with that kext the other channels gives you a loud buzzing output at full volume

If you need 5.1 use the old kext with soundflower to change volume

You can easily cange the layout-id with cloverconfigurator

post-448675-0-23940800-1453041312_thumb.png

Can you show me this part, take a look at my screenshot. I want to check your LayoutID.

Andres your patching method is bit complicated, the OTF patch we can do later if the kext is fully working, ahh ABXITE is the xml to zml patch

@Blacky, have you tried MP3 files maybe it's only a adobe flash issue, if you wanna do more tests you have to install codeccommander + had-verb and enter some terminal commands

@manor thanks for your reply and contribution, what does this patch?

<dict>
			<key>Comment</key>
			<string>X99 Chipsets Audio controller</string>
			<key>Find</key>
			<data>
			IIw=
			</data>
			<key>Name</key>
			<string>AppleHDAController</string>
			<key>Replace</key>
			<data>
			II0=
			</data>

2  LayoutIDs 9/0 one kext

volume control worked

4 output worked

2 input worked

Set DSDT LayoutID=9

volume control not work sound is best.

4 output worked

2 input worked

Set DSDT LayoutID=0

post-413859-0-30744000-1453047035_thumb.png

AppleHDA-272.51.3-my2 2.zip

Manor : you said before with LayouID=0 that volume control is good, but now you said about layoutId=9. So, what layoutId should i choose for good volume control?

Now I change IDS #41

I'm rusty same, I leave it to you.

Now Volume control worked and sound is worked.

4 output worked

2 input worked

Set DSDT LayoutID=9

Thanks for all hard work.

AppleHDA-272.51.3-my2 2.zip

• Like 1

you change the files?

ya I change HDAConfig and old Platforms.xml.zlib

only issue with 

DeviceN:

Input Channels: 2

Manufacturer: Apple Inc.