Creative CA0132 (G1.Sniper M3) patch for AppleHDA or VoodooHDA

wern apfel

851 posts in this topic

Do you have sound after you unplug the HP ?, strange that it behaves different than my desktop.

attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_diff_sync_patch.zip attachicon.gifAppleHDA.diff_switch.zip attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_Sierra.zip

The sample "AppleHDA.kext_Sierra" has output working, the built-in microphone is unresponsive, the line-in has improved(I can hear what I recorded and it is much louder than before). The samples "AppleHDA.diff_sync_patch" and "AppleHDA.diff_switch", the built-in speaker doesn't have sound but it works after going in windows and rebooting, in other words it doesn't work with a cold boot

tested AppleHDA.diff_switch.zipboth built-in speaker and built-in headphone have no voice,  after unplug the HP still no voice at first.

But I entered Windows and back to OS X , then all works.

built-in speaker: yes

built-in headphone: yes

detective/switch: yes

built-in mic: yes

How is the mic volume ?, your HDEF address is 1f0003 like the SBUS on early devices, so the SBUS patch is applied to the HDEF device, but it seems that it doesn't matter.

The sample "AppleHDA.kext_Sierra" has output working, the built-in microphone is unresponsive, the line-in has improved(I can hear what I recorded and it is much louder than before). The samples "AppleHDA.diff_sync_patch" and "AppleHDA.diff_switch", the built-in speaker doesn't have sound but it works after going in windows and rebooting, in other words it doesn't work with a cold boot

That means that you have sound after a cold boot ?, it seems that if we enable Siri the mic volume is always @100% and becomes distorted, I will upload a new sample later.

How is the mic volume ?, your HDEF address is 1f0003 like the SBUS on early devices, so the SBUS patch is applied to the HDEF device, but it seems that it doesn't matter.

That means that you have sound after a cold boot ?, it seems that if we enable Siri the mic volume is always @100% and becomes distorted, I will upload a new sample later.

The Sierra kext doesn't have sound after cold boot. After retesting the Sierra kext, Siri understand me when I plug the apple headphones in the headphones hole (both the output and input of the Apple headphones are working with Siri, but the weird thing is in sound preferences I have to chose internal microphone although it's using the headphones microphone).

The Sierra kext doesn't have sound after cold boot. After retesting the Sierra kext, Siri understand me when I plug the apple headphones in the headphones hole (both the output and input of the Apple headphones are working with Siri, but the weird thing is in sound preferences I have to chose internal microphone although it's using the headphones microphone).

Maybe the microphones should be switchable. Here another samples, also a few scripts, add the hda-verb to /bin or /sbin or somewhere in the path, open up the terminal and drop the script to the terminal then copy the result to a text file and upload it. It seems that your laptops need other values then my desktop.

AppleHDA.kext_Sierra_1.zipAppleHDA.kext_Sierra_2.zipAppleHDA.kext_Sierra_3.ziphda_verb.zip

Maybe the microphones should be switchable. Here another samples, also a few scripts, add the hda-verb to /bin or /sbin or somewhere in the path, open up the terminal and drop the script to the terminal then copy the result to a text file and upload it. It seems that your laptops need other values then my desktop.

attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_Sierra_1.zipattachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_Sierra_2.zipattachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_Sierra_3.zipattachicon.gifhda_verb.zip

Still no sound without the headphones. For all the samples microphone doesn't work unless I plug the headphones. The sample #3 doesn't have the line-in interface.  

testResultsSierra.zip

Still no sound without the headphones. For all the samples microphone doesn't work unless I plug the headphones. The sample #3 doesn't have the line-in interface.  

Sample 3 should switch to line-in after you plug in the external microphone.

With sample 4 you can select manually the HP, with the default sample you should run the scripts after a cold boot and after windows that we can compare the values.

AppleHDA.kext_Sierra_4.zipAppleHDA.kext_default.zip

If you have no sound enter this command to terminal "hda-verb 0xb 0x707 0x40", but run the scripts before.

With sample 4 you can select manually the HP, with the default sample you should run the scripts after a cold boot and after windows that we can compare the values.

attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_Sierra_4.zipattachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_default.zip

If you have no sound enter this command to terminal "hda-verb 0xb 0x707 0x40", but run the scripts before.

AppleHDA.kext_default.zip not work, the sound down.

post-1177937-0-02675700-1470012437_thumb.png

script_dump.txt

tested with AppleHDA.diff_switch.zip

only built-in speaker not work(not test mic volume )

script_dump_1.txt

AppleHDA.kext_default.zip not work, the sound down.

attachicon.gif屏幕快照 2016-08-01 08.47.33.png

attachicon.gifscript_dump.txt

tested with AppleHDA.diff_switch.zip

only built-in speaker not work(not test mic volume )

attachicon.gifscript_dump_1.txt

I guess you've tried the kext @10.11, they only work @Sierra.

Here a 10.11 kext AppleHDA.kext_10.11.zip

• Like 1

attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_Sierra_4.zipattachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_default.zip

The sample "AppleHDA.kext_Sierra_4" doesn't have sound without the headphones even after running the scripts. Also I was able to select manually the HP. The sample"AppleHDA.kext_default" has sound for the built-in speaker and headphones. For both samples, the microphone of the HP wasn't working when plugged in the HP hole and when I plugged the HP in the mic hole the mic was working but Siri couldn't understand me at all (whereas in the Sierra kext from post#274 the microphone of the HP was working when the HP was plugged in the HP hole).

All the tests were ran after cold boot

testResultsSierra2.zip

indeed, i'm 10.11

it lack built-in mic but it works after cold reboot. thanks for your help.

Same result here, buit-in mic missing. If you can get it back and also add the feature so that when connecting headphones in the HP hole, it will also use the headphones microphone instead of the built-in mic (like in kext from post #274). Thanks

So the speakers work even after a cold boot ?. It seems that you have a 4 pin TRRS audio jack. Lets see how the connectors are tied to the nodes, run the pin sense script with unplugged jacks and look at the results.

nid = 0x0b --> result 0x80000000 until now we know node 0x0b = speakers

run again the script after you pugged in the headphones to the 1st jack, and then to the 2nd jack. Post the results, results with 0xFFFFFFFF are not useful.

AppleHDA.kext_10.11_mic.zipget_pinsense.sh.zip

Still need the results (old 3 scripts) after a cold boot, and after a windows start.

So the speakers work even after a cold boot ?. It seems that you have a 4 pin TRRS audio jack. Lets see how the connectors are tied to the nodes, run the pin sense script with unplugged jacks and look at the results.

nid = 0x0b --> result 0x80000000 until now we know node 0x0b = speakers

run again the script after you pugged in the headphones to the 1st jack, and then to the 2nd jack. Post the results, results with 0xFFFFFFFF are not useful.

attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_10.11_mic.zipattachicon.gifget_pinsense.sh.zip

Still need the results (old 3 scripts) after a cold boot, and after a windows start.

Yes, the speakers work even after cold boot(I'm taking about the kext from post #283). With the sample "AppleHDA.kext_10.11" there is no audio source detected at all (for both output and input)

Same result here, buit-in mic missing. If you can get it back and also add the feature so that when connecting headphones in the HP hole, it will also use the headphones microphone instead of the built-in mic (like in kext from post #274). Thanks

i found headphone had to plugin twice after cold boot, or it can't switch.

some one said the S/PDIF-out and headphone use the same outlet.

If you choose the digital output normally you should see a red light inside the jack plug. It seems that the internal mic has no pin sense, do you have a 4 pinn connector ?, if yes plug it in and run the pin sense script again, also the line-in jack, it doesn't matter if it 's the headphone.

If you choose the digital output normally you should see a red light inside the jack plug. It seems that the internal mic has no pin sense, do you have a 4 pinn connector ?, if yes plug it in and run the pin sense script again, also the line-in jack, it doesn't matter if it 's the headphone.

no,there are 3 usb 3.0 port, 1 usb type-c port, 1 HDMI port, 1 headphone port and 1 mic port. 

post-1177937-0-48427000-1470541515_thumb.jpg

no,there are 3 usb 3.0 port, 1 usb type-c port, 1 HDMI port, 1 headphone port and 1 mic port. 

attachicon.gifIMG_3585.JPG

You've not understood me right, but it does not matter. As expected you have a headset jack, what means that you can use headphone and the microphone at the same time, for example a iPhone headset. What i need is the pin sense result with a plugged in headset.

If you look closer, you will see the difference, on the left: mic/line-in, in the middle: headphone, on the right: headset.

post-448675-0-10789000-1470580632.jpg

Hi can you help how to get_pinsense

command not found

X99Gaming G1

Thank you.

So far i know, the pin-config for desktops are known.

You've not understood me right, but it does not matter. As expected you have a headset jack, what means that you can use headphone and the microphone at the same time, for example a iPhone headset. What i need is the pin sense result with a plugged in headset.

If you look closer, you will see the difference, on the left: mic/line-in, in the middle: headphone, on the right: headset.

attachicon.gifjack symbols.jpg

So far i know, the pin-config for desktops are known.

I also have 1 headset port and 1 mic port. Which kext should be used for running the script getpinsense.sh ?

I also have 1 headset port and 1 mic port. Which kext should be used for running the script getpinsense.sh ?

You can try it with the kext which you use currently, if the result is 0xFFFFFFFF you should use one of the last i've uploaded.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifjack symbols.jpg

got it, i just notice my 'headphone' is headset actually :D . 

Here is what I get

The 1st test (no headphone:) was after a cold boot ?, because it shows headphone plugged in, if yes it explains the strange behavior that Kestrel noticed, see post 289. What device you've used, the iPhone headset or a normal headphone?. Can you run the script with a device plugged in @mic/line-in jack ?.