[Sell] iBook G3 800MHz

Colonel

66 posts in this topic

Colonel,

You will never sell that thing that way, I can guarantee it.

I have sold about 4 of these iBook G3's ranging from the 66 FSB 500 MHz Model to the 100 FSB 800 MHz Model. Each one sold for between $250 and $325 and here is how.

First, look at this example of my ebay page: http://webserver.serveftp.net/public/ebay/ibook.html (I do them all in HTML)

1. Notice it has a lot of information. People like that, especially dumb ones who don't know a damn thing about computers.

The more information, the safer they feel they are making a good purchase.

2. Also notice it has a lot of pictures. People naturally like to see and hold things before they buy. Well, it is ebay, so they can't hold it, but make sure they can sure as hell see it.

3. Although you can't see it, because this is just a backup I made. My starting price was at $0.99. Yes, I am not {censored}ting you. A lower starting price (therefore greater risk) will 99% of the time increase the number of bids.

People don't like to bid $300 for their first bid because they feel like they can get a better deal elsewhere. But, if you lure them in with a low starting price, they get attached to your product and will eventually end up bidding more than they would for any other product.

4. Make sure they know that it has been refurbished recently, it has an Airport card, and the battery life is great. Plaster it all over the damn place. When people are buying Apple Laptops on ebay, that is usually all they really use to decide which one to buy.

5. Cheap shipping. I mean go to USPS.com and find the bare minimum you can ship it at. Parcel Post and/or Priority. List the lowest shipping price first (adding a few bucks for packaging and handling of course).

To the customer, the lower the shipping price, the lower the overall cost, and the better the deal.

6. Be honest, put everything right out up front. If anyone asks you if it has any small scratches, tell them exactly were they are, maybe post a photo, and post the question on the ebay page.

People can smell bull {censored} (yes, even through the computer screen) a mile away.

I hope these suggestions help you and that you get a good return on your iBook.

Good Luck!

Cody (Click my name for my eBay feedback)

Keep on macKIN'

• 2 weeks later...

Where did you pick up the Airport card from? I have a iBook G3 900mhz with 640mb ram but using a USB dongle, all of the Airports I found were like $100, and I am not looking to invest that into the machine. PM me please

Where did you pick up the Airport card from? I have a iBook G3 900mhz with 640mb ram but using a USB dongle, all of the Airports I found were like $100, and I am not looking to invest that into the machine. PM me please

Um.. I got it off ebay for like $100. :blink: