Gigabyte Z170-HD3P Skylake El Capitan installer crashes

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am new to hackintosh and trying to get my specs running:

Z170-HD3P Mobo

i5-6600k

Powercolor AMD R9 290

After following the developments with Skylake on this fine forum, I cannot get the OSX installer to run from USB via Clover boot. I am a noob so I am sure I have something wrong in my clover config/install usb setup.

I did the bios mod my to disable the IOAPIC 24-119 Entires. I do have Pike's kext find and replace set in my config.plist as well.

FakeSMC is in kexts/10.11

Clover r3320

Currently after booting to Clover via USB, then Mac Install via clover,  I see a few lines with 'hibernate wake: no' as the last and then the installer crashes.

I appreciate your help. 

config.plist.zip

Z170 platform is not supported by OS X 10.11.x on hack macs at this point. This is due to how Apple/Intel has apparently changed handling of some things hanging off of the Platform Controller Hub for the Z1xx platforms like SATA. It looks like a combination of missing device IDs (can be fixed with some work) and possible changes with how everything is handled with the Z170/applefirmware/etc.

I am in the same situation with my Asrock Z170, so you aren't alone. Seems a few people found a few work-arounds, they just need to be documented and pushed out in a safer form for all.

If you have access to Mac or a VMware why dont you install the clover to your SSD/HDD first. Then start the installer and install to your SSD. I was having a lot of problems installing via USB installer. once installation is complete connect the ssd to SATA. It worked for me.

Z170 platform is not supported by OS X 10.11.x on hack macs at this point. This is due to how Apple/Intel has apparently changed handling of some things hanging off of the Platform Controller Hub for the Z1xx platforms like SATA. It looks like a combination of missing device IDs (can be fixed with some work) and possible changes with how everything is handled with the Z170/applefirmware/etc.

I am in the same situation with my Asrock Z170, so you aren't alone. Seems a few people found a few work-arounds, they just need to be documented and pushed out in a safer form for all.

Much ground has been made in the last week. see this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308707-fresh-install-from-usb-installer-el-capitan-10111-beta-build-15b38b-on-skylake-i7-6700-gigabyte-z170-hd3/page-1

Great suggestion hashish.k, I do have a way to attempt this over the weekend. I will report back.

Many thanks

• Like 1

Almost fully working system thanks to Pike R. Alpha, RehabMan, andreszerocrosss, davelloyd

Clover install with Fakesmc.kext in Clover/ kexts/10.11/,

config file attached (updated 

AppleAPIC patch

AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy patch

Memory patch

SMBIOS 17,1 - used what was compatible from https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/blob/Beta/Data/Models.cfg

Power management works :

created ssdt using ssdtPRGen beta

./ssdtPRGen.sh -TURBO 4200

Got Intel power gadget to work by Installing manually -extract app, kext, framework with pacifist, install in proper location (apps, S/L/E, L/F). Another way is to remove the check from installer with flat package editor

Network works with Mieze's driver

USB

USB 3.1 doesn't work - ASM1142 chipset, will keep searching for a solution, will update post as development progresses.

Cant check USB C, don't have a device with that.

Full port / speed mapping including 2 front case USB2.0 needs latest USBInjectAll @RehabMan placed in kexts/10.11/ , updated config.plist with all other ports disabled, SSDT-USB placed in ACPI/patched/

Sound

I dont yet care about onboard sound, i have a Dragonfly 1,2 DAC for that, working beautifully

Update 2017 Happy new year!

Fully working Sierra build.

See attachment for files and guide. I take no credit for the kexts, i just aggregated some posts.

UpToDate files.zip

Sierra.zip

Did you guys use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install? Apparently one of the recent versions had a fault which resulted in exactly the problem you're describing. If you did use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], you should try another version or just do a clover install without it. 

Also the z170 gigabyte mobos need 'KernelPM' ticked in clover.

• Like 1

Hi,

Same board, same problem.

installing OSXApitoFixDrv-64 does nothing

I dont get why HD3 works, and HD3P does not

Edit - fixed, thanks davelloyd, Andre, but mostly Piker Alpha

attaching config.plist

Fully working system after some tweaks

Is the Intel power gadget working for you?

Can confirm install working and boots with sama's config settings. I'm dealing with a few issues post installation with LAN and video issues but Installation works for HD3P with those settings.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have HD3P mobo too. Thanks for sharing this files. Everything is fine, but when I put usb3 stick or usb3 SDD they cannot work. The system doesn't show them anywhere. USB2 stick work fine. Mouse and keyboard too. Any suggestions about this?

How can we enable back and front USB2 ports? I have only 2 back and 2 front USB3 ports working right now.

Thanks

• 6 months later...