Toshiba C660-173 Yosemite installation - impossible to install Clover

Nasedo

5 posts in this topic

I have Toshiba Satellite C660-173 with Intel i3 and Intel HD graphics card, also know as Arrandale. I based on the manual from this forum:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

I prepared pendrive with Yosemite, I checked using Linux Ubuntu what type of GPU I have - everything was fine so far. Installer was started from USB, I was able to partition and format HDD, I installed Yosemite, computer was restarted and finished configuration (obviously starting from USB drive).

My problem was started, when I tried to install Clover on the disc. I tried different setting, I choose the drive where Mac OS has been installed - but computer is not starting from the disc. I'm obviously doing something wrong... but I'm not sure what.

Could anyone give me any suggestion? 

hello

sure u don't have uefi boot

so must install clover legacy boot

check ur sets in package installer for clover .. bootloader

u can choose bootaf or boot0ss  u can see in the help of the options 

good hack

Thank you for advice. Of course I don't have UEFI and UEFI boot as well. I'm not sure if I have enough knowledge / information about installing "clover legacy boot".

I found the following manual for installation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_pXEfiLTvc

Could you (or anyone else) confirm if this is a proper way?

About other advices you gave me - I tried bootaf as well as boot0ss and it makes no difference. Computer don't want to start without pendrive.

I would really appreciate if anyone could give alternate manual for manually installing Clover in legacy mode if this what I found is not a proper one or if its outdated.

Thanks in advance.