iDesperate: Still waiting for root device

xmariox

12 posts in this topic

Hi, I posted this at tony's forum too but they nazied my post

Basicaly I'm desperate after a month of trial and no success and I'm willing to donate generously to anyone.

i7-4790k

ASUS Z97-PRO(wifi+ac), swapped the onboard wifi card with an apple branded one that also has bluetooth\

GT740

512GB SSD connected

1 DDR3 8GB connected

Tried 10.11, 10.10, 10.10.5 via various methods. atm I'm on a 10.10.5 built manually with tony's clover cause it's the only thing that got me this far...

(with default clover it wouldn't even boot, it would only show +++++++++++++ on my screen and that's all folks)

so here I am atm stuck at still waiting for root device.

I have tried disabling on board wifi, adding xhci kext, disabling asmedia usb3.0

switching the usb port, tried numerous boot args

no luck my friends

PWvTahc.jpg

help me and cash some easy money thx

And for enable HD 4600, see this: FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

hey Allan, sorry, my bad i forgot to mention that im getting the graphic output from a GT740 HDMI should I switch to the integrated graphics? HDMI/dvi or vga?

I also did try every bios hack that I could read of on insanelymac except for the xhci hand off which my bios does not seem to support

edit: after adding that kext to clover and /S/L/E it just reboots now after the ++++++++++++++

• Like 1

I have the same motherboard.

The installation must make it through integrated graphics.
set to bios, graphic primary CPU 
Then set it to 32/64 MB
Use HDMI or DVI cable for connection to monitor.
Put in config.plist:
inject kext = Yes
put also inject intel
  • Like 1