Patching DSDT

kl225

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

I have this laptop from ASUS, x454LJ or X455LJ(Global version).

I installed El Capitan on it. It's running fine without any problem, kind of. 

Wi-fi and bluetooth doesn't work as I have BCM43142. I haven't tried to fix the audio yet.

And I want to patch DSDT now. I searched about it on Google but I still don't know how to patch DSDT.

So, hoping I that I can get some help from you guys. I really want to see the battery percentage. Thanks.

Some of my laptop's specs

Intel Core i3-5010U, 2.1GHz

RAM 4GB

Nvidia 920M

umm... what else do I need to describe?

PS: I'd installed Nvidia web driver but removing nv_disable=1from boot still makes my laptop reboot. Any idea why? I don't even know what differences it makes by installing Nvidia driver.

1. then export a raw dsdt, use MacIASL.app or DSDT-Editor.app. and iupload the raw dsdt.

2. Regarding the reboot, check your org.chameleon.boot.plist (unless you use Chameleon bootloader, then the web-driver tool has removed your boot flags, check the boot flags!!) 

1. then export a raw dsdt, use MacIASL.app or DSDT-Editor.app. and iupload the raw dsdt.2. Regarding the reboot, check your org.chameleon.boot.plist (unless you use Chameleon bootloader, then the web-driver tool has removed your boot flags, check the boot flags!!)

Can you help me please?

DSDT patching is an acquired skill. You need to do a lot of trial to get it right.

You need to know what you need to patch. Eg

1. Audio? what codec and what layout you need.

2. Screen resolution. (graphics)

3.CPU power power management

4. Battery

5. IRQ

6. Mutex

7. MCHC

8. USB (what series.)

9. Fix TNOT if you have the error

10 etc

My advice, download Maciasl and download the patches from rehabman.

Use only what you need.

Google is your friend