El Capitan 10.11.1 versus the 5960X - A Collaborative Work-Thru

190 posts in this topic

T

Here is the EFI, It think that is back in the exact state it was when it first worked: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6316213/Resources/Previously%20working%20EFI%20for%20X99-E%20WS%20%26%20E5-2697%20V3.zip

When it worked, I just assumed something had changed in 10.11.4 and I was out of the loop (haven't read this thread in awhile). I only came here after it stopped working =/

Thanks, I'll DL and have a look later tonight.

Not sure what to make of this, but I took an 10.11.4 drive from another X99 build, then connected it to my 14-core (which has the same problem as the 5960x) and I was able to boot up to desktop. 

I was able to do that four times, then I am back to halt and restart on PCI Configuration Begins.

Can't you build again the other x99 build with El Capitan (10.11.4) on another HD and then have it booting again in your 14 core ?

Boa sorte, 

Paulo

• Like 1

Can't you build again the other x99 build with El Capitan (10.11.4) on another HD and then have it booting again in your 14 core ?

Boa sorte, 

Paulo

Yea, I tried that. Still no go. There must be another variable here. I'll keep playing with it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

absolute badman, brumbaer!
can't believe it took me three months to semi-notice the implications of sources being out, and another month until jamiethemorris picked up that fact meant one could, like, compile them.

Hopefully someday fish will be seen as hardcore, low-level stuff and node considered basically equivalent to assembly. Until then...