El Capitan 10.11.1 versus the 5960X - A Collaborative Work-Thru

190 posts in this topic

Guys, We need a someone that compile the 10.9.5 pci kexts to el capitan. If we prepare a donation budget it is possible that some of the coders will be motivated to do so.

STINGA!  So glad to see you here!  I suppose my endless stalking finally got to you.  So uhh yeeeaaaahhhh, sorry about that.  But you're here now, and that's what matters...

Anyhow, I am happy to start a money raising campaign to any that can solve this problem and am obviously prepared to make a generous donation myself.  I know there are a ton of forum posts on that "other site" of folks begging for someone to solve this, so raising a good chunk should be no problem.  Stinga, since my forte is stalking to get results, did you have any coders names in mind? 

Cheers!

Guys, We need a someone that compile the 10.9.5 pci kexts to el capitan. If we prepare a donation budget it is possible that some of the coders will be motivated to do so.

What about AppleACPIPlatform, which is closed source?

Count me in, I would be more than willing to donate to get EP working on this CPU.

This was exactly my concern.  AppleACPIPlatform is proprietary, so it screws us!

Yeah this is what I thought.  Darn!  Unfortunately my motherboard does not have an option for Limit CPUID in the bios and I've tried several fakecpuids in clover.

I'm going to start sifting through the data sheets for the 5820K and the 5690X and see if I can identify anything different that might cause the hangup.

So this is just an idea --

What do you guys think about setting up a gofundme or something similar and just adding money now?  That way whatever dev/coder can see the "reward" for their labor and time invested in this... This also proves who will actually donate and who is all talk.  We will have the added benefit of approaching a coder and being able to put a number on it, like do this and you will get $500 or more (just using $500 as an example).

Just an idea.  I've never really seen this done in the Hack community personally but am not opposed to it. I just think that the 5960X is a niche chip and the demand isn't as high as say the skylake issue was and we're gonna have to try some more aggressive tactics to get noticed.

• Like 2

What do you guys think about setting up a gofundme or something similar and just adding money now?  That way whatever dev/coder can see the "reward" for their labor and time invested in this... This also proves who will actually donate and who is all talk.  We will have the added benefit of approaching a coder and being able to put a number on it, like do this and you will get $500 or more.

Just an idea.  I've never really seen this done in the Hack community personally but am not opposed to it. I just think that the 5960X is a niche chip and the demand isn't as high as say the skylake issue was and we're gonna have to try some more aggressive tactics to get noticed.

this is a great idea. i'm totally down. my ONLY concern though is i want to be able to get the 5960X working with my X99 Deluxe & Clover.. Right now i can't even get Yosemite running. i'm not sure why. can somebody help me with this? i'll donate for that too. 

• Like 1

What do you guys think about setting up a gofundme or something similar and just adding money now? That way whatever dev/coder can see the "reward" for their labor and time invested in this... This also proves who will actually donate and who is all talk. We will have the added benefit of approaching a coder and being able to put a number on it, like do this and you will get $500 or more (just using $500 as an example).

Just an idea. I've never really seen this done in the Hack community personally but am not opposed to it. I just think that the 5960X is a niche chip and the demand isn't as high as say the skylake issue was and we're gonna have to try some more aggressive tactics to get noticed.

I really like this idea.

this is a great idea. i'm totally down. my ONLY concern though is i want to be able to get the 5960X working with my X99 Deluxe & Clover.. Right now i can't even get Yosemite running. i'm not sure why. can somebody help me with this? i'll donate for that too.

most of us in this thread as well as the Yosemite kernel patch thread would be more than willing to help. You also might want to consider making your own thread. Where are you getting stuck?

gotcha. my bad. back to the task at hand..  let's get this gofundme started. :)

Not trying to be a {censored}, I really just want the 5960X/10.11 issue addressed and I don't want the thread soiled with install questions from a past release :angel_not: .  All good though.  I'm gonna work on the gofundme tomorrow!

• Like 1

Not trying to be a {censored}, I really just want the 5960X/10.11 issue addressed and I don't want the thread soiled with install questions from a past release :angel_not: . All good though. I'm gonna work on the gofundme tomorrow!

awesome man!

Not sure if this helps, but one of the PCI kexts in question is now open sourced:

https://opensource.apple.com/source/IOPCIFamily/IOPCIFamily-256.1.3/

damn, it took them long enough... I've been checking Apple open source quite a bit so it's good to see they finally posted the 10.11 source. Thank you for letting us know.

I have no idea if the problem is more with IOPCI or ACPIFamily, but hopefully this will be helpful - I'll compare it to the Yosemite source today.