(SUCCESS) El Capitan 10.11 on Surface Pro 3 i5 (Chris111 install, LonelyTV files)

MeuPRodrigo

77 posts in this topic

Did you fully replace with my Clover bootloader or just paste over?

If you do fully replace it should be fine

By the second look I found that I forgot to delete ACPIBacklight.kext

It is an outdated extension for backlight so please delete it

The newest extension is IntelBacklight.kext and I think I've already included in my pack

Of course you can take a look at here to see if there's any updated release

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-intel-backlight/downloads

And about the artifacts just do a logout&login then they will disappear

According to some articles it's a common issue on mobile HD4400

However, after few weeks of usage, my SP3 has no artifacts right after boot up

I've edited my config.plist a bit after my previous post, you can take a look into KextToPatch part

Due to InsanelyMac upload policy, I rename the file type to .txt

attachicon.gifconfig.txt

And the trackpad gesture, we'll have to wait for someone come up with the solution(finger crossed

i had forgot to update and was on 10.11.3 so updated to .6 got rid of all artifacts and stuff

all is well now

i used your full clover boot-loader itself

ya i just need scrolling and some type of touch input and i should be good to go

the beta voodoo drivers for touch dont show any response

have you tried them

-------------------------------

tried the new config file

seems to be working better

can you tell me what changes you made

------------------------------------------------

I tried facetime and the microphone isnt working for the speaker nor in headphones

can you tell me how to fix it and whether it is working for you

using mironeaudio

i had forgot to update and was on 10.11.3 so updated to .6 got rid of all artifacts and stuff

all is well now

i used your full clover boot-loader itself

ya i just need scrolling and some type of touch input and i should be good to go

the beta voodoo drivers for touch dont show any response

have you tried them

-------------------------------

tried the new config file

seems to be working better

can you tell me what changes you made

------------------------------------------------

I tried facetime and the microphone isnt working for the speaker nor in headphones

can you tell me how to fix it and whether it is working for you

using mironeaudio

The KextToPatch fix for boot glitch is old, so I replaced it with the newer one for 10.11

Forgot it is for boot up Apple logo or menu bar artigacts

I haven't tried facetime yet, actually I've never used it before

If the audio works on other apps, you might search the solution specific for facetime

The KextToPatch fix for boot glitch is old, so I replaced it with the newer one for 10.11

Forgot it is for boot up Apple logo of menu bar artigacts

I haven't tried facetime yet, actually I've never used it before

If the audio works on other apps, you might search the solution specific for facetime

have you ever tried using the voodoo kext available for touchscreen?

if yes how do you make it work

shasen1235, thank you, a million times thank you.

If you take donations please let me know.

I followed your steps and I am now a very happy surface user. Some hiccups with the internal speaker, your latest plist and the removal of the old brightness kext made it work (not sure what happened but it works now, previously it was only working via jack).

The brightness issue remains though, it jumps from time to time, is this the same behaviour you guys are seeing?

One more thing, I will have in my hands a mini-wifi and bluetooth adapter (2-in-1) which is supposed to have full support for OSX, so I am looking forward to it, if it works nice I will post the model.

All in all very happy, I think I can use the surface to actually work.

Let me have some feedback on the brightness issue though, it is my last problem at the moment.

Thanks once more for all the incredible work. I am beyond thankful.

shasen1235, thank you, a million times thank you.

If you take donations please let me know.

I followed your steps and I am now a very happy surface user. Some hiccups with the internal speaker, your latest plist and the removal of the old brightness kext made it work (not sure what happened but it works now, previously it was only working via jack).

The brightness issue remains though, it jumps from time to time, is this the same behaviour you guys are seeing?

One more thing, I will have in my hands a mini-wifi and bluetooth adapter (2-in-1) which is supposed to have full support for OSX, so I am looking forward to it, if it works nice I will post the model.

All in all very happy, I think I can use the surface to actually work.

Let me have some feedback on the brightness issue though, it is my last problem at the moment.

Haha, I don't have any donation account

If you still want to donate, please donate to Micky1979 Mirone and RehabMan

Most of my fix are based on their articles

About the brightness issue, I don't have any after I only left IntelBacklight.kext in my Clover

Maybe you can try rebuild cache and see if it helps

Good luck!

have you ever tried using the voodoo kext available for touchscreen?

if yes how do you make it work

I know that kext but haven't tried it yet

Since currently it needs DSDT be removed from the clover in order to boot up without kernel panic

And not supporting multi gestures

I don't really have much interest in it

After all, I'm no developer, just an enthusiastic user :)

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, I don't have any donation account

If you still want to donate, please donate to Micky1979 Mirone and RehabMan

Most of my fix are based on their articles

About the brightness issue, I don't have any after I only left IntelBacklight.kext in my Clover

Maybe you can try rebuild cache and see if it helps

Good luck!

I know that kext but haven't tried it yet

Since currently it needs DSDT be removed from the clover in order to boot up without kernel panic

And not supporting multi gestures

I don't really have much interest in it

After all, I'm no developer, just an enthusiastic user :)

hi did you try installing 10.12 beta?

also will you publish a tutorial for 10.12 when it comes out

hi did you try installing 10.12 beta?

also will you publish a tutorial for 10.12 when it comes out

From what I've heard, there are lots of things not working on 10.12

So I don't expect our current files will work mostly like 10.10 to 10.11

Currently I'm out for work and SP3 is my main working machine

And of course I don't want to mess it up, maybe till next month when I'm home

• 2 weeks later...

It worked good so far, but i have two little Problems:

1.(Mac OS X and Clover are on an USB Drive, Windows 10 1607 on the SSD) When i boot Windows, shut it down or restart and boot to Mac OS X, the Type Cover is not working correctly. When i touch the corner of the Trackpad, the cursor moves directly too the corner of the screen and so on.

2. After a while and many reboots, the transparent regions of Finder, Safari etc. get dark and shady graphic errors.(They are gone, when i enable reduced transparency). An Reboot does not solve that.

I use shasen1235's clover files (newest and clover version) and OSX 10.11.6.

It worked good so far, but i have two little Problems:

1.(Mac OS X and Clover are on an USB Drive, Windows 10 1607 on the SSD) When i boot Windows, shut it down or restart and boot to Mac OS X, the Type Cover is not working correctly. When i touch the corner of the Trackpad, the cursor moves directly too the corner of the screen and so on.

2. After a while and many reboots, the transparent regions of Finder, Safari etc. get dark and shady graphic errors.(They are gone, when i enable reduced transparency). An Reboot does not solve that.

I use shasen1235's clover files (newest and clover version) and OSX 10.11.6.

1.This is a common issue on the type cover patch, sometimes it works from fresh boot sometimes not. I haven't tried to find what caused this because without basic gestures I just pack a mouse in my bag all the time. Maybe try logout/login to see if it fixes the problem.

2.This is due to OSX doesn't truely support mobile HD4400, the known solution is again the same, logout/login. Interestingly sometimes after a period of time of usage the artifact will gone forever and don't need this fix.

• Like 1

Alright guys...guess what? Now we have headphone jack working!

The only thing need to solve is build-in speaker

I'm planning to release the files once I'm all done

Here are some pics, time to say goodbye to Yosemite and hello to El Capitan :P :P

attachicon.gif螢幕快照 2016-07-24 下午11.53.42.png

attachicon.gif螢幕快照 2016-07-24 下午11.53.07.png

======Edit 2016/7/25======

Woohoo~Now all the audio outputs are fixed!

Headphone jack----------working

Built-in Speakers---------working

Audio through HDMI-----working

I'll upload all the files after some organize

======Edit 2016/7/26======

Done!

Extract the rar and you will see an instruction and all the files you need

I've also included SD reader and backlight fix

Enjoy El Capitan on your SP3!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-wemM1jdciWOHoyQnlfdXJESmM/view?usp=sharing

Before anybody else embarks trying these files, let me share that I tried them and it ruined my El Capitan I am now on a boot loop with no way to get out of it.

I had El Capitan almost fully functional before trying these files, I was just missing the headphone jack so I tried these files and bang! El Capitan detroyed no more OSX for my Surface Pro 3.

Now back to the tedious process of starting from 0.

So, lesson of the day.... don't go with these files... at most get any specific kext if you wanna try.

Before anybody else embarks trying these files, let me share that I tried them and it ruined my El Capitan I am now on a boot loop with no way to get out of it.

I had El Capitan almost fully functional before trying these files, I was just missing the headphone jack so I tried these files and bang! El Capitan detroyed no more OSX for my Surface Pro 3.

So, lesson of the day.... don't go with these files... at most get any specific kext if you wanna try.

I'm sorry you got your hackintosh messed up, but here's some points I want to clearify

Hackintosh is not something like Windows or Linux just install and ready to go, any small changes can lead to bootloop, I'm guessing you have kexts in L/E or modified kexts in S/L/E causing kernel panic.

If unfortunately something goes wrong, at least add -v boot flag to see why so you may solve it instead of doing a full reinstall.

If you are not sure the files will work or not, you can try them on a USB boot drive first.

Finally, like I wrote in the instruction, backup your files before you start anything.

looks like you didnt do it right

i tried the whole folder and all files and it works perfectly for me

F.Y.I next time you post a negative post for someones hardwork that they posted for free,make sure its not you who is at fault and cant follow instructions

• Like 1

Did you fully replace with my Clover bootloader or just paste over?

If you do fully replace it should be fine

By the second look I found that I forgot to delete ACPIBacklight.kext

It is an outdated extension for backlight so please delete it

The newest extension is IntelBacklight.kext and I think I've already included in my pack

Of course you can take a look at here to see if there's any updated release

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-intel-backlight/downloads

And about the artifacts just do a logout&login then they will disappear

According to some articles it's a common issue on mobile HD4400

However, after few weeks of usage, my SP3 has no artifacts right after boot up

I've edited my config.plist a bit after my previous post, you can take a look into KextToPatch part

Due to InsanelyMac upload policy, I rename the file type to .txt

attachicon.gifconfig.txt

And the trackpad gesture, we'll have to wait for someone come up with the solution(finger crossed

I did a clean install and follow the full tutorial. And even deleted the old backlight kext. I also downloaded the new config.plist. since my OS X drive is also named OSX i did´t edit it. I checked if I had the original AppleHDA which I had. My problem Is when i Boot, I get no input source from mic or output source over the speaker and the audio jack output. So i did what was stated in the tutorial. Replaced the AppleHDA with the fully patched one. Now I have audio over audijoack but not the speakers. I have the i7 500 gb version of the SP3. Don´t know if that makes any difference. I did´t understand the rest In the MIroneAudio folder instructions. So for now I´m stuck with audio over audiojack. Please help. I can test out things, I´m only new to custom Installing mac OS on devices. Very tech savvy on the windows side, but that won´t help me here :P so an help would be lovely. I get the hang of things quickly so I can test things if you think you have a fix for me 

= = = = = EDIT 2016/9/16 = = = = =

Got the speakers to work now :) but not mic on either headphones or the built in ones. have anyone managed to get mic working? so we can use FaceTime and continuum.

After a while of try out, I've found the solution for the backlight brightness jumping issue.

Interestingly, the files I released are already fully patched, the issue is inside the OSX setting.

Go to Settings>>Energy Saver

Unlock setting on the down left corner first, or the following change won't work!

After unlock, uncheck "slightly dim the display while on battery power" in "Battery" tab

On the previous reply I was on AC power

And since I didn't see this issue, I thought you might have some problems in your clover

Sorry man, this should help you solve your problem

I did a clean install and follow the full tutorial. And even deleted the old backlight kext. I also downloaded the new config.plist. since my OS X drive is also named OSX i did´t edit it. I checked if I had the original AppleHDA which I had. My problem Is when i Boot, I get no input source from mic or output source over the speaker and the audio jack output. So i did what was stated in the tutorial. Replaced the AppleHDA with the fully patched one. Now I have audio over audijoack but not the speakers. I have the i7 500 gb version of the SP3. Don´t know if that makes any difference. I did´t understand the rest In the MIroneAudio folder instructions. So for now I´m stuck with audio over audiojack. Please help. I can test out things, I´m only new to custom Installing mac OS on devices. Very tech savvy on the windows side, but that won´t help me here :P so an help would be lovely. I get the hang of things quickly so I can test things if you think you have a fix for me 

= = = = = EDIT 2016/9/16 = = = = =

Got the speakers to work now :) but not mic on either headphones or the built in ones. have anyone managed to get mic working? so we can use FaceTime and continuum.

Yeah, I've found that mic is not working.

I could do some research and try to fix it.

But right now I'm quite busy with my school work.

You can play around with the files in "MIroneAudio" folder.

I don't know if the mic is associated with AppleHDA too.

If yes, I think we already have the files we need.

We just have to find which combination will makes all of them work :lol:

Is it safe to update to MacOS? I could´t get it to install properly. need to use the newest Clover, but i don´t know what to copy from the old clover to make the new clover both surface 

Backup your original Clover first

After you updated, usually you need to add:

patched dsdt/ssdt(@EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched)

kexts(@EFI/CLOVER/kexts/YourMacVersion)

and config.plist(@EFI/CLOVER)

Also you need to know which drivers64UEFI files are needed

You can compare old working Clover bootloader to get the idea

That said, I haven't tested Sierra yet and maybe some files need to be updated

If Surface is not your main machine, you can give it a try

But like always, do a full backup before doing something risky

I've been following this thread for quite some time now when i had my i5 sp3. I never took the chance to install OS X on it, but now i have the sp3 i3 lowest end of the tablet because it's the 64GB ssd version.  How successful do you guys think i will be by installing El Capitan 10.11.6 on it?  

• 3 weeks later...

after finally bought this masterpiece i decided to install osx with the files provided by @shasen1235 and everything was good! I'm trying to use clover as my primary bootloader but if i change bootmgr.efi in bootmgr-orig.efi in Efi/Microsoft and paste there the CLOVERX64.efi and change it in BOOTX64.efi I manage to make it works but when i boot in windows I have to do this again. If i delete the microsoft folder clover becomes the bootloader but obviously I can't boot windows. Any ideas? 
Is also there a usb combo wifi/bluetooth for osx? And what about the type cover multitouch gestures? Any improvement?
I noticed that the microphone is in the audio input but it does not work, it should depends by applehda, i will try to contact mirone and ask him help!

Backup your original Clover first

After you updated, usually you need to add:

patched dsdt/ssdt(@EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched)

kexts(@EFI/CLOVER/kexts/YourMacVersion)

and config.plist(@EFI/CLOVER)

Also you need to know which drivers64UEFI files are needed

You can compare old working Clover bootloader to get the idea

That said, I haven't tested Sierra yet and maybe some files need to be updated

If Surface is not your main machine, you can give it a try

But like always, do a full backup before doing something risky

There is an actual fix for the brightness flickering and brightness value not sticking after reboot for our Intel HD Graphics

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/?p=2030052

Can you please implement it and upload the files

thank you

Microphone is the last bug everything else is working perfectly for me (using mirone)

even got imessage and facetime to work

Any hope for the microphone?

--------------------------------------------------------UPDATE

Got the brightness stabilized after reboot and no changes in between

-Download Brightness Slider from app store

-set a preferred brightness value

-add it to login startup

-so after every reboot the app starts by itself and fixes the 100% to the preferred value by you and also gives brightness slider on the status bar like for sound

Edited by ashwin1996

There is an actual fix for the brightness flickering and brightness value not sticking after reboot for our Intel HD Graphics

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/?p=2030052

Can you please implement it and upload the files

thank you

Microphone is the last bug everything else is working perfectly for me (using mirone)

even got imessage and facetime to work

Any hope for the microphone?

--------------------------------------------------------UPDATE

Got the brightness stabilized after reboot and no changes in between

-Download Brightness Slider from app store

-set a preferred brightness value

-add it to login startup

-so after every reboot the app starts by itself and fixes the 100% to the preferred value by you and also gives brightness slider on the status bar like for sound

If I remember correctly, the fix is already patched.

The problem is actually in the power setting I mentioned in few previous post.

And about the microphone, I did play around during this weekend but still no luck.

Interestingly, the system actually detects microphone.

And if you go straight to audio input settings menu after bootup, you can see it sensing but in very volume.

Maybe we need to find some specific fix for it.

after finally bought this masterpiece i decided to install osx with the files provided by @shasen1235 and everything was good! I'm trying to use clover as my primary bootloader but if i change bootmgr.efi in bootmgr-orig.efi in Efi/Microsoft and paste there the CLOVERX64.efi and change it in BOOTX64.efi I manage to make it works but when i boot in windows I have to do this again. If i delete the microsoft folder clover becomes the bootloader but obviously I can't boot windows. Any ideas? 

Is also there a usb combo wifi/bluetooth for osx? And what about the type cover multitouch gestures? Any improvement?

I noticed that the microphone is in the audio input but it does not work, it should depends by applehda, i will try to contact mirone and ask him help!

There's few way to boot up multisystem

On my desktop, I rename bootmgr.efi to bootmgr-orig.efi and copy CLOVERX64.efi to the same folder and rename it to bootmgr.efi

In this way, because regular UEFI prefers to boot up the efi named bootmgr.efi, so Clover will be my default bootloader and able to boot up both systems by keyboard control

But on my SP3 because the most usual way to bootup is without keyboard, here's the method I use for this kind of device:

-Because Windows boot menu doesn't really support any OS other than Windows, but there's a way to make it work

-Download an app called EasyUEFI and another called Bootice

-use Bootice to create a dummy boot option so Windows menu will show up everytime when boot up

-use EasyUEFI to add a boot option, it will show up in"Use a device" option along with USB device

-so now you have it, if you let it boot normally Windows boot menu will boot up Windows straightly. And if you want to boot up macOS, touch "choose other options">>"Use a device">>"You macOS", it will reboot into clover

-If you see through my files, that's the reason why I set OSX as my Clover default boot drive and 0s for timeout

-In Windows boot menu config GUI, the shortest timeout you can set is 3 sec, if you think it too long, type"bootedit timeout 1" in CMD and it will be 1 sec.

And about the multi gesture, it seems like no progress so far. To be honest, not many laptops have working gesture even basic ones.

Please contact mirone and see what he says, I would like to fix the mic since I play SC2 and AoE2HD from time to time with my friend, thanks!

On my desktop, I rename bootmgr.efi to bootmgr-orig.efi and copy CLOVERX64.efi to the same folder and rename it to bootmgr.efi

In this way, because regular UEFI prefers to boot up the efi named bootmgr.efi, so Clover will be my default bootloader and able to boot up both systems by keyboard control

But on my SP3 because the most usual way to bootup is without keyboard, here's the method I use for this kind of device:

-Because Windows boot menu doesn't really support any OS other than Windows, but there's a way to make it work

-use Bootice to create a dummy boot option so Windows menu will show up everytime when boot up

-use EasyUEFI to add a boot option, it will show up in"Use a device" option along with USB device

-so now you have it, if you let it boot normally Windows boot menu will boot up Windows straightly. And if you want to boot up macOS, touch "choose other options">>"Use a device">>"You macOS", it will reboot into clover

-If you see through my files, that's the reason why I set OSX as my Clover default boot drive and 0s for timeout

-In Windows boot menu config GUI, the shortest timeout you can set is 3 sec, if you think it too long, type"bootedit timeout 1" in CMD and it will be 1 sec.

And about the multi gesture, it seems like no progress so far. To be honest, not many laptops have working gesture even basic ones.

Please contact mirone and see what he says, I would like to fix the mic since I play SC2 and AoE2HD from time to time with my friend, thanks!

Can you provide me the files you extracted for patch the applehda? Btw the method you say, I have to add it to bcd or to the uefi boot? Do i need an USB drive or it can be used for booting from efi directly from ssd? I mean it can work without the usb device? 

If not I will just put a 2gb sd card with efi folder and make the surface boot from there! 

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know how to fix the audio that suddently stop working after a while from the internal speakers?

I've contacted mirone he said he will take a look into it. audio should be ALC288 so if everyone wants to help is welcome. DO you guys know a combo usb dongle for wifi and bluetooth working for osx?

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get El Capitan 10.11.6 installed on my SP3 the i3 version last night and it was a breeze. But Im having a hard time getting my usb wifi dongle to work. I'm using the Edimax EW-7811UN.. @MeuPRodrigo Do you think I could somehow follow the same steps you did in order to get your Asus usb wifi dongle to work?  I don't have a type cover yet, nor a charger. So the battery is pretty much dead now from 98% which i started from last night since i had it.  I tried looking for the Asus  usb wifi dongle you used, but can't find it online.

• 4 weeks later...

If I remember correctly, the fix is already patched.

The problem is actually in the power setting I mentioned in few previous post.

And about the microphone, I did play around during this weekend but still no luck.

Interestingly, the system actually detects microphone.

And if you go straight to audio input settings menu after bootup, you can see it sensing but in very volume.

Maybe we need to find some specific fix for it.

hey did you try to update to sierra?

also any news about microphone or trackpad?