Need help - Again.. :/...I managed to mess up the bootloader somehow.

Halcyon220

7 posts in this topic

First off, Sorry for creating a new thread and sort of 'spamming' the forum. I just figured it'd be easier to keep on top of things with seperate threads.

Anyway. I managed to fix the GPT: Error, and now the Bootloader loads. I have a problem, though - It doesn't get PAST the bootloader!

I'm typing this on the same machine as I can still boot with the installation USB. But upon booting from hard drive I get an error (Which I'll get soon). -v, -x, no dice. Nothing works, it just seems to restart and be in a loop of trying to boot from the hard drive to which it restarts.

I'll have a video up soon..any help?

EDIT1: This is the error: read hfs+ file system/library/caches/com.apple.kext/Startup/kernelcache

well, enter the sytem with the usb, fix caches and permitions and reboot see if it fixes.

I will try these. Thanks.

well, enter the sytem with the usb, fix caches and permitions and reboot see if it fixes.

I fixed permissions, and rebooted. No idea what you mean by 'fix caches' though.

• 2 weeks later...

Try booting with Clover EFI. I think Clover loads the cache in a different way to Chameleon (I assume that's what you're using). Clover also fixes the GPT: Error. Please try this and report back.

Hope I could help,

- Matt