Always showing notification "USB Devices Disable Unpluge the device using too much power to re-enable usb devices"

Evgeniy

2 posts in this topic

After upgrade from 10.10.5 to 10.11.1  - note book Sony Vaio 

On 10.10.5 all working perfect, without it notification 

It pops up, I click "Close", it goes away and a few seconds later it's back on. It stays there for EVER.

Always showing notification "USB Devices Disable Unpluge the device using too much power to re-enable usb devices" 

How fix it 

• 3 weeks later...

I got the exact same behavior with a Belkin USB 2.0 / FW 400 PCI Card (F5U508-V Rev 1.2) .. the controller's chips are VIA VT6306 for Firewire, (which works flawlessly) and VT6214L for USB 2.0, which is recognized as USB Host Controller, but got somehow screwed up on its USB Hub Power status.

I get the notification mentioned above anytime. No difference wether I got something plugged in or not and plugged in devices are not "seen" (neither in IOReg, nor in system profiler). And yes, I connected the additional power supply connector, ... and its basically working (win 10 / 10.10.5 no problems at all) .. 

for the time being I removed the card, .. temporary, I do hope so .. sooner or later I'll need the FW again, and I liked the combo USB/FW on one PCI Lane very much,

any ideas would be really appreciated, thanks in advance