Unable to boot with multiple monitors? (gtx970)

cutncheese

3 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I have a GTX 970, and I'm having an issue booting with multiple monitors. The system goes through the normal boot process, once I arrive where the login screen should be all the monitors turn on, however all I see is black, a few seconds later the mouse appears for a second or two, then the system simply reboots itself. If I boot with only a single monitor attached it boots without issue, and as soon as I'm in the login screen I can reattach the other monitors and they work just fine.

This has happened with every version of OS X I've used from mavericks right through 10.11.1. I've used both chameleon and clover to boot. I've tried different port combos (dp/hdmi/dvi) all with the same result if more than 1 is connected. This problem happens with a fresh install (only kext used is intel lan). Any ideas on where to start looking on this? 

Hi All,

I have a GTX 970, and I'm having an issue booting with multiple monitors. The system goes through the normal boot process, once I arrive where the login screen should be all the monitors turn on, however all I see is black, a few seconds later the mouse appears for a second or two, then the system simply reboots itself. If I boot with only a single monitor attached it boots without issue, and as soon as I'm in the login screen I can reattach the other monitors and they work just fine.

This has happened with every version of OS X I've used from mavericks right through 10.11.1. I've used both chameleon and clover to boot. I've tried different port combos (dp/hdmi/dvi) all with the same result if more than 1 is connected. This problem happens with a fresh install (only kext used is intel lan). Any ideas on where to start looking on this? 

Same here, but I've never had this problem with any other versions except 10.11.x.    

I haven't tried different combos, but if I boot with DVI and HDMI (fails to boot reboots right when the graphics initialized at login screen)  I can boot with DVI and then plug in HDMI at login screen.   Haven't tried in reverse.  

Let me know if you find a solution, I'll post here if I find one.  I haven't tried different smbios settings but maybe trying different system defs will fix.  

• 2 weeks later...