Thank you and Help understanding QE/CL

2 posts in this topic

I appreciate Donk, MSoK and the countless others that have kept the OSX virtualization going all these years.

I have an old asus p5wdh deluxe core2quad- no SLAT- that I've hackintoshed since SL. I virtualized SL through vmware workstation on windows those many years ago, Thanks to you all, but since I do digital audio that requires lock with video, I stopped using my osx vm in windows, and just booted to my hackintosh and used a windows vm in fusion to virtualize windows in hackintosh. . After following  the progress of VMs of osx  once in a while, over the years,I ran across someone a few years back using vmware esxi or sphere  and using osx server I think, and some how being able to use their video card qe/cl by programming through the motherboard in the vmx or something like that. But my motherboard did not allow me to attempt to do that, some limitations I cannot remember. Anyway, if any of this stuff sound familiar, and there is a way to access qe/cl using esxi and osx server software, can you direct me to those discussions. Also do you ever see apple letting vmware or any hack to get quartz lock in vmware workstation? I so much prefer using windows and having a osx vm on windows as opposed to a windows vm on hackintosh.

Thank you all again,I know my comments are convoluted, but I'm a user not a tech, Thanks again!

• Like 1