9 posts in this topic

Can't boot install of 10.11 with Clover on this config:

asus p5g41t-m lx3

Intel® Xeon® Processor E5405 (latest available modded bios, with fresh microcodes. Windows 10 works stable with this CPU).

GF210

So, the problem is, that when i boot into the clover, everything work, but when i chose partition to boot, screen goes black. Everything spins. but nothing moving on. 

Flash drive shine for couple seconds after i chose partition to boot from, and then nothing happens. 

Different args, even -v or -x won't work either. It just shuts to black screen after choosing what to boot. 

Help me to figure out, how can i boot or install Mac os on this setup. 

p.s. made drive with Boot0af, boot0ss methods, even tried BDU utility. Same problem. 

:blowup:

Hello!

It seems to me, that you are trying Clover the first time because of using the oem config plist.

If you have an other working OSX system on your device, use one at least 500 mb big usb flash drive as boot stick for configuring Clover for your system. A good idea is also to have a ready patched DSDT.aml and not to use the Clover patches for this, get pm working with clover, edit SMBios and so on. If you have got it perfect working (including DSDT usb patches for El Capitan) you can try to use it for installing 10.11.

Enoch needs less configuration work and is therefore easier to use.

In any case, if you have no cpupm working, you need to install nullcpupm.kext.

Have fun.

Hello!

It seems to me, that you are trying Clover the first time because of using the oem config plist.

If you have an other working OSX system on your device, use one at least 500 mb big usb flash drive as boot stick for configuring Clover for your system. A good idea is also to have a ready patched DSDT.aml and not to use the Clover patches for this, get pm working with clover, edit SMBios and so on. If you have got it perfect working (including DSDT usb patches for El Capitan) you can try to use it for installing 10.11.

Enoch needs less configuration work and is therefore easier to use.

In any case, if you have no cpupm working, you need to install nullcpupm.kext.

Have fun.

problem is not about config plist or DSDT. 

i added clover boot log, and somehow it see only one core (but CPU got 4 of them) and then it crashes. Why its happening, idk, need help in that direction. 

i would post this thread at clover forum, but i cant post there, don't know why. If moderator could put it there, i would be happy. 

Post here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306156-clover-bugissue-report-and-patch/page-10

Your right, seems like Clover crashes (or at least hangs) after the DSDT patching, and only 1 CPU core is detected (with 4 threads) according to your debug.log.

already posted here:

https://applelife.ru/threads/clover.42089/page-370

Slice told, that he will look whats wrong on monday.