Sapphire R9 280 Dual X 3GB Stuck at rainbow cursor Yosemite 10.10.5

tokenduemon

17 posts in this topic

I have got a Sapphire R9 280 Dual X 3GB and it stuck at rainbow cursor.I can boot my hackintosh with -x boot and i can see my graphics card (AMD Radeon HD 7xxx 3072 MB) .Spakk and Shaneee told me follow this guide :http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308652-r9-280x-toxic-3gb/

But i don't know dsdt editing.Is there any solution without dsdt editing?

I am using enoch bootloader.

no problem,

• install DSDT-Editor for windows operating system and export a raw dsdt

or use Aida64, then export the dsdt file and upload the file

• how export a dsdt, is not complicated, run youtube there you'll find a few examples.

Please replace these drivers, in  /System/Library/Extensions/
and then boot  your system,  when you have successfully booted,

then export the ioreg-file with IoregExplorer.app, so that we can see the exact

place of the graphics card.  

use this bootflag: -v -f  kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No

the DSDT.aml is almost finished, I lack only the exact place where the graphics card is. I can upload them here, maybe someone is able to determine the exact place.

Radeon_HD_7950_test.zip

Can you write us more precisely the problems? or upload a picture of the problem? Is your graphics card not recognized correctly? what are the exact problems?

Edit:

Have you made any changes in S / L / E? , The two drivers that I have posted above, do undo the original drivers, that were previously installed, then repair disk permissions and renew the cache with Kext wizard

Edited by spakk

which drivers you use in /Extra/Extensions/  ? which smbios.plist do you use?

Just for info:

the DSDT.aml and Smbios.plist must in to folder ---> /Extra/
if you use a DSDT.aml and a smbios.plist, then write the entries in the org.chameleon.boot.plist::

<key>DSDT</key>
    <string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
    <key>SMBIOS</key>
    <string>/Extra/SMBios.plist</string>
Edited by spakk

This means that your hackintosh will not boot to the desktop? is that correct?
try to Install this driver in to folder /Extra/Extensions/  then repair disk permissions in Extra/Extensions (with Kext wizard)

and boot with: -v -f kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000 UseKernelcache=No GraphicsEnabler=No  (try the same with this flag PCIRootUID=1 )

and as has already been described , remove the two problematic extensions from S/L/E: AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext (repair disk permissions in S/L/E )

see here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285760-help-topic-further-help-in-chatosx86hulegacykernel-irc/page-135?p=2171248&do=findComment&comment=2171248

Edit:

an AMD hackintosh behaves a little bitchy, unlike Intel hackintosh... but you need patience....if the hackintosh once running, then running very good.

AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext.zip

Edited by spakk

Yes my hackintosh will not boot to the desktop,it is that correct now i am going to try your latest post,i will let you know.

Edit: @spakk love you man :)  :wub:  it is working now :)

I think : AMD replace kext for Yosemite  fix my problem

Yes, install the package for FX-CPU

Always be patient, think logically, and fix any problem step by step. then everything will work fine. :)

If your system is running, then make a backup of your running system. I make always paralllel to my main partition a safety backup! ^_^

Edit:

now I have to say goodbye, it was a long hard day.... ... we can write tomorrow

Edited by spakk

Please write here your hardware configuration, and link this side, so that other users (newbies) with the same hardware, can find a solution to this problem. :)

CPU: AMD FX 8320 8 Core Processor

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Rev 1.0
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600 MHz
HDD: 1TB Western Digital
USB : 2.0 and 3.0 All Works
GPU: Sapphire R9 280 Dual-x 3GB

LAN: Realtek Pci Gbe Family( Using RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90 kext for Yosemite  )
Sound: Realtek ALC887( VodooHda )

If you have got a problem with your R9 280 Dual-X than just follow this guide : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285760-help-topic-further-help-in-chatosx86hulegacykernel-irc/page-134?do=findComment&comment=2171248