Clover No Custom Boot Entries

Winthryth

8 posts in this topic

I am running clover version 3292 and trying to add custom boot entries. i have tried adding them through clover configurator and manualy. My debug log includes the line 

0:109  0:000  Custom boot CUSTOM_BOOT_DISABLED (0x0)

Is there something I must do first to enable costume boot options. My config is attached. 

config.plist.zip

I have read the post you directed me to, but I am still confused. To me that post is explaining that you can now add costum .plist files as subentries of other main entries. I don't see how this states or explains that the custom entry option was removed from clover. It seems to me that the post is still using custom entries, but they have just slightly changed or am I missing something. And thanks for your help.

Your plist is totally broken and the custom entry, besides being misplaced (should be inside the "Custom" key), has a wrong Volume value. 86CA-F901 is way too short for a GUID or path of a partition. Take a look at your boot.log (type in a Terminal: bdmesg > Desktop/bootlog.txt) and search for the full GUID of the partition, it should look something like this:

3:140  0:000   9. Volume:

3:140  0:000    PcieRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\VenHw(CF31FAC5-C24E-11D2-85F3-00A0C93EC93B,82)\HD(2,GPT,4E94DB7F-4755-4958-A2A0-784496EBD3C0,0x64800,0xB98CD28)
3:140  0:000    Result of bootcode detection: bootable Windows (vista,win)

The value you need is highlighted in bold.

And here's your plist, I cleaned it and fixed the errors. Next time use a proper plist editor, like PlistEditPro or Xcode.

config.plist.zip

• Like 1

Thanks for your help, the custom boot entry now appears and I will make sure to use an offical editor from now on. And the reasean the GUID was so short is becuase I input the UUID number not GUID and for a fat32 partion it is only 8 digits long.

Thanks for your help, the custom boot entry now appears and I will make sure to use an offical editor from now on. And the reasean the GUID was so short is becuase I input the UUID number not GUID and for a fat32 partion it is only 8 digits long.

If you succeed, please write process of how you did.

Thanks