Need Advanced Advice: Losing Perfect Audio Setup randomly after Shutdown or Booting?

Haze295

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have a weird advanced bug / issue that is over my current knowledge and hoping someone can guide me on what to look at.

The issue is that for randomly, after shutting down the computer (no logical pattern), when I boot back up I lose use of Audio (greyed out). I also have two other Kexts that are not signed (Ethernet, and 3rd Party Game controller) and both of those are still loaded. Kexts are located:

1. Toleda ALC created and placed default in EFI / 10.11 / Kexts

2. Gamecontroller.kext in /library/extensions

3. Ethernet in /library/extensions

I have to rebuild my kernel cache to get sound back. I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out why I'm losing audio?

I thought it was corruption of Kernel Cache, but if that was the case these other two kexts would not load and the system has CSR enabled.

Current setup:

z68xp-ud3
DSDT SSDT
Fully Stable System

(system has had zero issues or bugs at all Yosemite and older)

Process: I used Toleda's ALCCommand to Patch my AppleHDA (which works perfectly)
1. Boot in 0x3, install toleda patch
2. Touch S/l/E & Rebuild Kernel Cache
3. Lockdown system and reboot
4. Audio works perfectly even after sleep wake. 
5. I can shut down the system 3 times, 5 times, 10 times, and randomly one shutdown greys out my audio and can't find internal speakers.

Have to repeat the process of booting into 0x3 and rebuilding cache and following the last steps to get audio back.

Potential Issues I am contemplating on looking into (however assumption is half of these should not be a a concern because system was 100% fully working prior to El Capitan on Yosemite)

1. Bios Setting - Will go back and check all bios settings - Doubt issue being caused by this. 

2. Install using MBR not UEFI on Hard Drive / Boot with MBR (Currently have UEFI bios installed and booting using UEFI on drive.. not the most stable on 6 series boards ...???) (Potentially issue with hiccup in boot causing loading of cache)

3. Properly Rebuilding Kext and Kernel Caches in 0x67 Mode and not 0x3 - I was only rebuilding kernel cache in mode 0x3. I was not rebuilding kext cache at all. Do I need to be rebuilding both caches in 0x67

4. Kext install location - Toleda's ALC kext is installed into EFI / Kexts by default. Do i need to move that into SLE near Apple HDA and then rebuild cache using step 3 above?

5. Shut Down issue causing break in Cache. System properly sleeps, wakes, have audio even on deep sleep wake. Potentially issue with system not shutting down properly (even though it does shut down and restart just fine... but MUCH slower than Yosemite)

6. AHCI Sata Injection by Clover causing glitch when booting drive. This was default patch included in clover config when installed. I did not add this.

7. DSDT tweak / fix needed - Which would correlate to Shutdown theory in #5