OS X El Capitan 10.11.1 is out

verleihnix

43 posts in this topic

• Improves installer reliability when upgrading to OS X El Capitan.

Improves compatibility with Microsoft Office 2016.

Fixes an issue where outgoing server information may be missing from Mail.

Resolves an issue that prevented display of messages and mailboxes in Mail.

Resolves an issue that prevents certain Audio Unit plug-ins from functioning properly.

Improves VoiceOver reliability.

Adds over 150 new emoji characters with full Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 support.

Resolves an issue that caused JPEG images to appear as a gray or green box in Preview.

• Like 1

Updated by downloading OSXUpd10.11.1Auto.pkg instead of MAS. Everything is fine (CLOVER), no need to patch AppleHDA or modify GPU drivers.

And thank you if you could help verifying the pkg file for people who need it.

SHA1 = 8d25872fdfe722c0200afe5f9420aa85a29bb523

MD5 = dc16bc923820649d70f4a5c92e097b09

Updated with no drama here.

Garageband '11 is still displaying the timeline in purple instead of green. Was hoping they'd have fixed this by now.

I think you need custom EDID.

ElCapitan became to be more captious about EDID structure.

• Like 2

It's a laptop?

If yes (and the problem is the EDID..) for a better result you need to dump the .reg key from Windows or use some program to dump the raw data of your Display, then inject that.

Why?

Because Producer when builds the display on the assembly line, a program is loaded into the display EEPROM in a very hasty method and without checking the result (because of cost).

Then, OEM manufacturers, like HP, load the operating system with some improvements, among them a .inf file where they load the correct EDID to override that one from the EEPROM:
Result display works well, otherwise it might be defective.
Is also the reason why display can cause problem in OSX, because can read a buggie EEPROM (OSX cannot read the Registry from Windows :P )
So to have the right one you need to dump it using the regedit.exe registry.

Hope it help :D

It's a laptop?

Nope it's a desktop. The P9X79 in my sig. I have the same issue with two different cards so it can't be a ATI/nVidia driver issue. I'm not entirely sure I need the RGB-fixed EDID but it's loading so I guess it's working.

Everything else displays fine. It's just the timeline in GB '11 that is discoloured. I heard Aperture may have a similar problem but I haven't looked.

I have edited my post.

BTW talking about EDID (otherwise nothing) you can find the EDID at manufacturer site, I guess (as always it happens they make available it for download)

Nope it's a desktop. The P9X79 in my sig. I have the same issue with two different cards so it can't be a ATI/nVidia driver issue. I'm not entirely sure I need the RGB-fixed EDID but it's loading so I guess it's working.

Everything else displays fine. It's just the timeline in GB '11 that is discoloured. I heard Aperture may have a similar problem but I haven't looked.

Sorry the EDID does not contain only the colors settings, but is a program that run your Display entirely (frequency ecc).

Of course, if that is not the problem... simply is not the problem :)