Installed Nvidia Web Driver, no longer boots.

amj514

7 posts in this topic

I recently got my Hackintosh up and running with El Capitan using Clover as the boot loader.

I installed Nvidias Web Driver (WebDriver-346.03.02f01.pkg) and after restart OSX no longer boots.

After the Clover bootloader screen, it goes to the black Apple loading screen, it climbs all the way to 100% (which is quite slow) and then gets stuck at 100%.

after driver install nvda_drv=1 was automatically added to the boot_args in clover boot options

I've tried trying to disable the driver using nv_disable=1, and nvda_drv=0, just so i can login and undo the installation and revert back to apple drivers, but none of the flags seem to work to let me boot up. 

On the Nvidia site it suggests to clear the Mac's NVRAM. 
"NOTE: If for any reason you are unable to boot your system to the Desktop and wish to restore your original OS X v10.10 (14A389) driver, you can do so by clearing your Mac’s NVRAM: 

STEP 1: Restart your Macintosh computer and simultaneously hold down the “Command” (apple) key, the “Option” key, the “P” key and the “R” key before the gray screen appears."

Is there a way to do this using Clover?

Build specs :- 
Asus P9X79 Pro

Intel i7-3930K CPU
GTX 580

Thanks

Andy

Hi
Thanks for your suggestions.

ellaosx: yes the install of osx was working and booted fine before i installed the web driver. I havnt done any OSX updates, but i used the latest (as of a week ago) download from the App Store with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Will work out exactly which version number when i get home.

Fljagd: i will try downloading the latest web driver from your link tonight. I guess i can boot to an ubuntu live cd to access the root and delete the nvram.plist.  If that doesnt work any ideas how to get my osx to boot so i can install an updated driver, as using the flags to ignore the webdriver doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

Fljagd: i will try downloading the latest web driver from your link tonight. I guess i can boot to an ubuntu live cd to access the root and delete the nvram.plist.  If that doesnt work any ideas how to get my osx to boot so i can install an updated driver, as using the flags to ignore the webdriver doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

after installation

must patch nvdrastartup.kext

then do the repair permissions

post-1181448-0-29008700-1445608266_thumb.png