Various features not working El Capitan VM

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

A recent attempt at a VM of El Capitan does not allow me to log on to the itunes account.  It also has an intemittent keyboard.  I have had problems with sound card detection that I think is affecting itunes as I get an error popup.

The VM does access the internet and it did say I had an update for itunes which it installed twice (has the same number).

I have had to greatly increase my swap space on my primary drive to accomodate the VM.  I run a 120G SSD of which about 86G is set aside for Linux Mint 17.2 and the rest is now swap.

The VM is set to 2 processors with 2 cores making 4 in all.  It is 8Gb memory with around 82G disk space.

I can't think of much else at this stage.

I have done the second of the suggestions for the CPUID changes to the vmx file.

The VM does not copy to another Linux box of very similar specs.  On that machine it just halts altogether.

Should I scrap it and try again ?

TIA,

Steve

Hey i just testet my VM of El Capitan with itunes and it played music without any problems.
I could also sign in into my itunes account without any issues.

I have not experience any problems with intermittent keyboard in my VM of El capitan or any of my others VM until now.
I have not changed my CPUID either only thing i have changed in the vmx file is to add smc.version = "0" to make the vm boot up.

You could probably just make a new VM it doesnt take that long and just see if that works or if you still have the same issue.

Yes,

I do agree.  My rather patchy way of doing things the first time might be the issue.  I don't know about the smc.version thingy though.

The sound issue is a real problem.  There is a problem there.  I made the VM on a machine that has a pro sound card alongside the onboard sound card ... All other VMs (XP, Win7 and Ubuntu) I have sound and never touch the defult settings.

I'll give it another go but build on a different machine.

I can also confirm that one shouldn't try to run a OSX VM without first running the unlocker ... !  I forgot to run unlocker first and it buggered the VM.  I copied the VM afresh and ran it after running the unlocker and it worked well in that it started ...

Thanks again,

Cheers.

ah there might be your issue go into the virtual machine settings for the el capitan VM and choose sound card and instead of auto detect choose the specify host sound card and choose the pro sound card and see if that helps you out :)

Right click on the VM of el capitan choose settings this should get you the menu in the picture. 

Im using windows so the menu might be different in linux.

Screenshot_1.jpg