Windows 7 installation deleted Chamelon boot options OSX 10.10.0

ciao007

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, i'm new here, if this thread isn't in the right section please move it.

Well, i'm not new to hackintosh but i'm facing a new problem and i don't wanna ruin things. Basicly Windows 7 installation delete Chamaleon boot loader at pc start, now i can access to Yosemite only using the USB (wich contain yosemite installation), I wanna install Chameleon bootloader back.

this was the configuration before ruin things.
Dual boot with Yosemite 10.10.0 and Windows 7 HP x64

actually like this

59vr0n.jpg

Now with the USB boot it loads like this, with the USB being "Yosemite Zone"

11mdto0.jpg

I ruined thing when for other reason I had to install Win7 again, so at installation part i didn't touched System partition (100 MB), delete only the partion with old Win and installed the new one while leaving OSX partition untouched.

At the boot the PC just load directly Windows 7 without showing Chamaleon.

The first time i tried to boot OSX with the USB the boot failed with screen errors, so next usb boot i insert "-x -f -v" and then the OSX booted fine. Turn off the pc tried the USB boot this time without any arguments just select OSX partition and it actually worked fine.

How can I install back Chamaleon bootloader back without messing up thing while keeping both OSX and Windows partition selection at boot?? Tried with EasyBCD but it didn't work. Thanks!

partition table is MBR

------------------------

well i tried this

Setting Your Partition "Active" Using Fdisk

Words in bold below are things you must type (followed by Enter).

1. Boot your Mac OS X install dvd
2. Once the installer is running, go to the Utilities menu and open Terminal

3. Determine which disk your MacOSX partition is on

Type diskutil list

Verify which disk number holds your partition (disk0, disk1, etc.)

4. Start using Fdisk

Assuming the MacOSX disk is the first disk ("disk0"), then
type fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 <== use "rdisk" with your disk number here !!

Ignore the error "fdisk: could not open MBR file ..."

5. Determine which partition for MacOSX needs to be set "Active"

Type p

Verify which partition is for MacOSX (1, 2, 3, etc.) 

6. Set the partition "Active"

Assuming it is partition 1, then
type f 1 <== use your partition number here !!

7. Save and exit

Type write

Type y (yes you are sure)

Type exit (to quit)

8. Remove the install DVD and reboot 

And didn't work, so i search again before EXIT i run UPDATE, And it actually worked, but now there is a new problem: Yosemite and Chameleon works, but if i try to run Windows i got an error wich say:

boot/bcd error 

what shall i do?? If i fix Windows boot then it will clear again the Chamelon bootloader??

---------------------

well, after struggling with the Windows DVD , i was able to get the mbr working atleast for Windows, basicly i'm from the starting point again with Windows booting fine and OSX bootable only from USB.

It's strange because if i boot from the USB installation of OSX i'm able to boot both Windows and OSX from there.

If i set the OSX partition as active it won't boot anything, really just black screen nothing happening.

I runned Darwinbumper (or something like that) and now this is the exaclty configuration for the boot

25jjbrd.jpg

1q52ep.jpg

Hello!

This threads are not random. The methods of activating the osx partition (mbr format) with chameleon are the same til up today. It does not matter if osx is system 10.6 or 10.10. The same is vallid for chameleon versions.

The multiboot section you can see as hint, where you can find your needed informations or just use the forum search. Your problem seems to be the old well known thing with the partition activation on dual boot systems.

Have fun.

Hello!

This threads are not random. The methods of activating the osx partition (mbr format) with chameleon are the same til up today. It does not matter if osx is system 10.6 or 10.10. The same is vallid for chameleon versions.

The multiboot section you can see as hint, where you can find your needed informations or just use the forum search. Your problem seems to be the old well known thing with the partition activation on dual boot systems.

Have fun.

well, thanks i'm watching now