cannot open installer

jgoens

73 posts in this topic

I was looking on a site called Macbreaker and trying various bootflags. I don't select verbose--it boots that way each time.

Yes it is, but panic is reporting No HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly.

Did you add NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to Extra/Extensions?

no, I didn't. This usb installer was fairly difficult for me and I figured it would not even work at all--and look at this, it is the only one that got this far.

The only way I can add that one is later when I go to work where the mac is.

O, then its already in you bootflags in org.chameleon.boot.plist - it installs automatically when adding chameleon.

What kexts did you add to your USB installer?

Take a look at this post (kexts and flags)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301713-clover-z68x-ud5-b3-missing-bluetooth-controller-transport/?p=2080958

Edit: Ok, just saw, you didn't add any kexts after installing Chameleon?

Maybe you don't, try booting with cpus=1 -f -v

Look here - http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.9.0#Gigabyte

and later check these out:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.9_Seeds#Gigabyte

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.9.1#Gigabyte

You have 3 reports of successful install of Mavericks on your board in these links.

Edit: Sorry, only one with Legacy bios in those links... Others are UEFI.

There is a way of sorting those thing on Windows.

You could do it right now, Paragon (10 days trial) comes to mind among others, but i don't know if your willing to install it on your Windows.

I only have about 20 minutes left here before I go to work--it probably would be easier there to set it up there. Do you think it is a matter of just modifying the files in my installer now? Or, should I make another USB using that link for Mavericks you provided? It was a bit complicated but I guess for my computer thus far, the only right one. IN the instructions there was things that had to be added and changed but I was unsure of exactly what I needed.

Maybe you don't, try booting with cpus=1 -f -v

You have 3 reports of successful install of Mavericks on your board in these links.

Edit: Sorry, only one with Legacy bios in those links... Others are UEFI.just tried that..same. I do notice, since the case is open, when the verbose reaches the bottom and stops, the motherboard light goes off.

I only have about 20 minutes left here before I go to work--it probably would be easier there to set it up there. Do you think it is a matter of just modifying the files in my installer now? Or, should I make another USB using that link for Mavericks you provided? It was a bit complicated but I guess for my computer thus far, the only right one. IN the instructions there was things that had to be added and changed but I was unsure of exactly what I needed.

Edit: Sorry, only one with Legacy bios in those links... Others are UEFI.just tried that..same. I do notice, since the case is open, when the verbose reaches the bottom and stops, the motherboard light goes off.

Tried the cpus=1-f-v..same result. I don't quite understand the DSDT thing or even how to access it.

It looks like you made your installer to work, it boots and starts mounting hfs etc. 

Now its just the matter of choosing right flags and kexts for it to boot into installation.

There's no need to make another one as it looks, but you could if you have time for it and want to make one just for backup.

If you have time, just try too boot it once more with flags in post 57.

It looks like you made your installer to work, it boots and starts mounting hfs etc. 

Now its just the matter of choosing right flags and kexts for it to boot into installation.

There's no need to make another one as it looks, but you could if you have time for it and want to make one just for backup.

Just tried again..same.

What about the idea of removing all appleintel kexts from the installer?

http://www.macbreaker.com/2015/01/read-verbose-mode-fix-hackintosh-errors.html

Course, I'm not using Tony's tools.

Owbp, I'm going to take a break now and go to work soon, where I can add/remove kexts. Thanks for helping, if you see anything to try let me know, I will attempt more on the hackintosh later tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Thats why you should make another USB on your Mac.

Don't delete any kexts yet, as someone with some experience with your CPU and MoBo will help.

And none of successful installations on your MoBo doesn't say nothing of deleting kexts from the installer.

I made another installer as well as did a step I had missed in adding the null power kext. I see dsdt is patched using chameleon wizard but I can't figure out the process. I have downloaded the f12 bios file but in the wizard don't see how the patch is installed. I was thinking of putting that in my second usb just to try. I also changed the symbios to the one suggested in the guide.

Ok..I did the DSDT part and put a copy of my F12 file in the extra file. Used DSDT editor. Really stretching my brain cells today. 

post-1608432-0-80968300-1446234377_thumb.jpg

The first usb booter that worked yesterday that I modified gave the same result...the second usb, that I made the same way but modified with the symbios and added dsdt gave this screen with the apple logo. But it didn't get farther as far as verbose lines. Don't know the significance of the apple logo.

@jgoens,

It looks like you are getting closer.

Try replacing the /Extra folder on your installer USB with the one from the zip file attached to this post.  You shouldn't need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext with a correctly patched DSDT/SSDT but I have included it just in case :).

If you are using Chameleon Enoch r2773 or later, just boot with the verbose flag -v.

If you are using an earlier Chameleon version, boot with -v -f to force kexts to load from /Extra/Extensions without kernelcache.

I'm not guaranteeing it will work without further tweaks since I don't have your hardware to test.  However the configuration is a "best guess" from files/posts from people with the same/similar hardware to give you a general idea of what to do.

Good Luck!

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3.zip

• Like 2

@jgoens,

It looks like you are getting closer.

Try replacing the /Extra folder on your installer USB with the one from the zip file attached to this post.  You shouldn't need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext with a correctly patched DSDT/SSDT but I have included it just in case :).

If you are using Chameleon Enoch r2773 or later, just boot with the verbose flag -v.

If you are using an earlier Chameleon version, boot with -v -f to force kexts to load from /Extra/Extensions without kernelcache.

I'm not guaranteeing it will work without further tweaks since I don't have your hardware to test.  However the configuration is a "best guess" from files/posts from people with the same/similar hardware to give you a general idea of what to do.

Good Luck!

I just made yet another installer..the same as the one that worked, using the chameleon link provided by owbp...the vanilla one. I've made this one about 5 times now. So, I just put the folder you attached in place of my extra folder. I did not change any dsdt on this usb. ok? Thanks for the ideas..I am running out of them. I have tried almost every idea from every website re-the bluetooth transport controller. But, I have yet to see someone successful with my motherboard using legacy, but the gigabyte guy says it will work.

I've tried booting with I think every flag out there...I've even tried this:

Type:  mount -uw /

Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions

Type:  mkdir intel_back

Type:  mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/

Type:  touch ../Extensions

You guys are much more experienced in the verbose reading. In my first run, does everything look ok up till the Bluetooth transport controller is missing?  Apparently, this issue can be quite challenging.

Looked back almost  a year at threads in the new user forum and I think I have the record for longest thread...not a good thing..just want to mark it as solved and move on to the next step. Never thought this would be this difficult..hmm..maybe that is why my friend who tried to make a hack with this machine abandoned it. I will try until all options are done and no one replies anymore. Thanks, for anyone with ideas.

post-1608432-0-84176300-1446274872_thumb.jpg

post-1608432-0-84176300-1446274872_thumb.jpg

I used another loader from MYhack and did an install and have a system..BUT..I was trying to establish internet and got the screen in the photo and can's even move cursor to other options such as LAN. And, now the computer went off and starts on it's own and does not load operating system again..man..thought I had it. Too tired now. I have a system on the drive but it goes off and on by itself now. I think I'm getting there!

post-1608432-0-69660100-1446274921_thumb.jpg

Looked back almost  a year at threads in the new user forum and I think I have the record for longest thread...not a good thing..just want to mark it as solved and move on to the next step. Never thought this would be this difficult..hmm..maybe that is why my friend who tried to make a hack with this machine abandoned it. I will try until all options are done and no one replies anymore. Thanks, for anyone with ideas.

Hey, don't you worry about the length of your thread, you're se close. Its just a bad luck (or name and tags in the topic) that no-one with your exact hardware didn't respond to it. 

I have few friends that abandoned osx86 project (as hackintosh in whole) because they didn't make it from the first try.

As i could see, you have it running! So lets go to another step of fixing it! :)

attachicon.gifmac.jpg

attachicon.gifmac.jpg

I used another loader from MYhack and did an install and have a system..BUT..I was trying to establish internet and got the screen in the photo and can's even move cursor to other options such as LAN. And, now the computer went off and starts on it's own and does not load operating system again..man..thought I had it. Too tired now. I have a system on the drive but it goes off and on by itself now. I think I'm getting there!

Probably power management or something like that...

What Extra folder did you use with MyHack? Vanilla (from myhack) or the one that fusion71au left for you in the attachment?

Now, when you have OS X running without internet, make one usb fat32 so you could copy files and apps that you need from Windows (internet downloaded) to your OS X.

Download Chameleon and Kext wizards:

Wizards.zip

With Kext Wizard, install RealtekRTL8111.kext from the fusion71au's attachment to your HDD with OS X install (either in E/E or S/L/E), rebuilt caches and fix permissions. You should have working ethernet connection then. No need to set it up, I'm quite sure it will just show by itself in System Preferences / Network.

You probably don't have full graphics acceleration, so will fix that next (or maybe HD6800 works OOB, i know its supported) but we need more info on your Extra folder to fix that sudden restart problem you're having! :)

• Like 1

Hey, don't you worry about the length of your thread, you're se close. Its just a bad luck (or name and tags in the topic) that no-one with your exact hardware didn't respond to it. 

I have few friends that abandoned osx86 project (as hackintosh in whole) because they didn't make it from the first try.

As i could see, you have it running! So lets go to another step of fixing it! :)

What Extra folder did you use with MyHack? Vanilla (from myhack) or the one that fusion71au left for you in the attachment?

Now, when you have OS X running without internet, make one usb fat32 so you could copy files and apps that you need from Windows (internet downloaded) to your OS X.

attachicon.gifWizards.zip Ok..I downloaded the wizard zip file on my windows computer and put that on a fat32 drive...but it would only go on without encryption. On the hack when I open the Kext wizard I get the message the file is damaged or incomplete. I also tried a maneuver of putting that whole file from Fusion in my extra folder and on re-boot it took me to the Darwin boot screen. I started it in -x. Maybe this was risky..I took that back out and put the extra folder from MyHack back in. Guess I need to find a way to get Kext wizard going...just placing the kext file in extensions does not work..as you probably know.

With Kext Wizard, install RealtekRTL8111.kext from the fusion71au's attachment to your HDD with OS X install (either in E/E or S/L/E), rebuilt caches and fix permissions. You should have working ethernet connection then. No need to set it up, I'm quite sure it will just show by itself in System Preferences / Network.

You probably don't have full graphics acceleration, so will fix that next (or maybe HD6800 works OOB, i know its supported) but we need more info on your Extra folder to fix that sudden restart problem you're having! :)

attachicon.gifWizards.zip Ok..I downloaded the wizard zip file on my windows computer and put that on a fat32 drive...but it would only go on without encryption. On the hack when I open the Kext wizard I get the message the file is damaged or incomplete. I also tried a maneuver of putting that whole file from Fusion in my extra folder and on re-boot it took me to the Darwin boot screen. I started it in -x. Maybe this was risky..I took that back out and put the extra folder from MyHack back in. Guess I need to find a way to get Kext wizard going...just placing the kext file in extensions does not work..as you probably know.

I downloaded the wizards folder on my windows computer. When I save to fat32 flash I get the message it will be copied without encryption. Upon trying the Kext wizard on the Hack I get the message the file is incomplete or damaged. I even tried putting that whole folder from fusion as my extra folder. On re-boot I only got the Darwin boot screen. I booted in -x and the computer started fine...maybe this was risky, so I removed it and put the extra folder from MYhack back.

And also, the computer going off I think might be it just going to sleep(I will change the power management setting and test that later)

And with MyHack Extra folder it starts without safe mode (-x)?

You can fix that incomplete/damaged very easily, but first try to download them from this forum, not my attachments and see how it goes.

Yes, disable all sleeps for now. 

Edit:

Or you can just copy Realtek kext to System/Library/Extensions and the write these down in terminal (if Kext Wizard won't work)

sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Update: Success! Tried putting the unzipped Kext wizard folder on the usb and then opened it on the Hack. Installed the realtek kext and am connected to the internet. The help, I'm getting here and sticking with it is paying off. Next thing--I tried to see if there was sound, went to a youtube page but it would not play any vids must need a kext for that. Looked in the sound in preferences and no output devices found. I run the computer HDMI to a receiver. I imagine another kext.

Now that I have a system installed I'm going to make another thread regarding getting things to better, so that people who come to this thread do not have to keep reading on and on. What finally worked was the installer from MyHack using GUID with a USB that was formatted for windows and then back to Mac. That's it. The only thing I regret is not getting the Vanilla installers that I spent countless hours making to work. Thank you to Owbp and fusion71au for the guidance and hopefully there will be ideas as I continue this process.