Clover won't work - error allocating pages

domini99

21 posts in this topic

Hey everybody

For over a weak I've been trying to get OS X 10.10 running.

I used Clover to boot my USB installer, and OS X installed fine.

After reboot, I tried to start OS X but it would always throw back a failed boot.

Now here's the following:

With no aptiofix driver it wouldn't do anything.

With OsxAptioFixDrv it would show the root device uuid is xxxxxxx

And the line under it is filled with ++++++++++++++++++

post-1031598-14450978207642_thumb.jpg

With OsxAptioFixDrv2 it would show error allocating pages 0x1130

With OsxLowMemFixDrv it would just freeze at the 4th line with ...............

I'm completely out if ideas... No flags seem to help..

Here's my built:

Asrock FM2A88M-hd+

AMD Athlon X4 860K @4ghz

2*2GB Ddr3 1333mhz

AMD Sapphire HD6570 2gb ddr3

It has Windows 10 installed and boots into Windows 10 fine.

Can anybody help me getting this thing to boot?

Well those words, supposed to be compatible, would make me nervous. All Apple computers are based on Intel processors,. Try searching around for someone who has a build identical to yours and see what they are running.

There has been luck with sorta like CPU's as mine, (not 860k but 840k for example) and I've used their kernel.

But I've never had any luck with Clover.

I've tried all kinds of different Intel processors, and even PC's that would boot fine with another boot loader would give the failed to allocate error on clover.

I can't get any legacy boot loader to start on my PC, so I am forced to use an UEFI based boot loader, but Clover just won't work.

Chimera is my personal favourite as it always works for me, but I can't install it as I have no running OS X machine.

There has been luck with sorta like CPU's as mine, (not 860k but 840k for example) and I've used their kernel.

But I've never had any luck with Clover.

I've tried all kinds of different Intel processors, and even PC's that would boot fine with another boot loader would give the failed to allocate error on clover.

I can't get any legacy boot loader to start on my PC, so I am forced to use an UEFI based boot loader, but Clover just won't work.

Chimera is my personal favourite as it always works for me, but I can't install it as I have no running OS X machine.

If you can boot Chimera then you can boot legacy Clover. Just do all correct.

There must be a way to boot legacy bootloader. How did you propose to run Windows XP which is legacy only? Or Linux, FreeBSD?

I'm not going to run Windows XP, heck.

My motherboard doesn't even support it, I run Windows 10.

And I'm not interested in Linux so I don't care about that.

Getting the legacy bootloader to boot might not be the issue, but creating the bootloader...

I haven't found a way yet to create a chimera bootloader USB on Windows.

It is not your wish.

You claim that this motherboard can't boot in legacy mode? Is there CSM in BIOS? Is there a boot option to start from DVD?

The BIOS shows no CSM option whatsoever, the motherboard however IS capable of booting legacy OS, as it can boot Windows 7 from another hard drive. (It automatically detects whether a drive is UEFI or not)

But read again please: the issue is not my motherboard not booting legacy, because it does that just fine, but my issue is that I am unable to create a USB drive with any other boot loader except of Clover, as all those tools are created only for Mac OS X, and I do not have access to a Mac OS X running machine.

The BIOS shows no CSM option whatsoever, the motherboard however IS capable of booting legacy OS, as it can boot Windows 7 from another hard drive. (It automatically detects whether a drive is UEFI or not)

But read again please: the issue is not my motherboard not booting legacy, because it does that just fine, but my issue is that I am unable to create a USB drive with any other boot loader except of Clover, as all those tools are created only for Mac OS X, and I do not have access to a Mac OS X running machine.

BDUtility.exe make Clover bootFlash with MACOSX distr under Windows    

I will speak only about Clover and it must work if Ch* bootloader can work because legacy boot is the same.

I haven't tested my PC yet with any other boot loader except for Clover, as I don't have any other boot loader.

But I can't get around this "root device uuid is xxxx-xxxx-etc"

Or error allocating pages