Help needed to patch DSDT for an HP DV7-4100 CTO

Shinji3rd2000

5 posts in this topic

Hi all! How are you, people?

I'm fine, learning a lot more these days, especially for installing El Capitan into an HP notebook, model DV7-4100 CTO. It has an i7, 8gb ddr3, 2 x 500gb hdd, bd player / dvd rw combo, AMD 5650 dedicated 1gb.

It's my girlfriend's laptop and some years ago, when I was a little younger and without much experience, I tried to install Lion into it, but failed. Now, with more knowledge, I was able to install El Capitan successfully, althout I need some help to achieve a perfect hackintosh.

Here is what it's working:

-I've successfully injected the EDID using Clover for the AMD discrete graphic card, and I have full QE/CI support. The card is recognized, and works flawlessly.

-Sleep, wake, and hibernate works great. I didn't have to touch anything, except for the bios. I reflashed the bios using a modded bios from Donovan6000 that removes whitelisting (for installing other wifi card), enable advance menu in the bios, and have native power management support for hackintoshes (the bios mod from el_coniglio does not work, it hangs and you have to recover your bios).

-Thanks to that bios I was able to change the intel centrino wifi card that it's not supported, for an Atheros ar5b95. It works OOB, I didn't have to touch anyting.

-Trackpad works great, even with three fingers touch gestures.

-Volume up, down, silence buttons works great too, as well as prev / play / stop / next buttons (f5 to f11)

-Webcam works fine.

-Sound works using VoodooHDA.

-Ethernet works using RealtekRTL8111.kext.

-I had to manually patch the DSDT following a guide from the great RehabMan to make all the USB work. This laptop has only 3 USB, all of them are USB 2.0. Without the patching, neither of them work.

What does not work:

-I have to boot using cpus=1. If I remove that command from Clover, the boot hangs.

-HWSensors only shows temperatures from hdd's, no GPU and no CPU.

-If I touch the brightness up or down buttons (f2 and f3), no matter which of them I press, the screen dims just a little and nothing more. I have to restore brightness using the slider in settings.

-I think that VoodooHDA provides a low output volume, and I would like to know what do I need to patch to make the sound works with a patched AppleHDA or something, so I don't need to use VoodooHDA.

-Although I can use the laptop with AC and with battery too, I can't see the battery's charge level. From settings, I can't activate the option to show the battery icon in the finder, and the battery always shows as 0% charged. Installing VoodooBattery.kext I can activate the icon, but it's useless since the charge level is not recognized and shows 0% all the time.

Help on this will be greatly appreciated, since it's been days and a lot of reading and I still can't figure how to solve these problems.

I'm attaching the original DSDT extracted with Windows's Aida64 (it's the same as the one I can extract with Clover's F4 method, I've already checked), and the one with patches that I'm using right now.

Oh, and I forgot to mention: In MaciASL, changing the ACPI settings to 5.1, I can apply a battery patch from the RehabMan's repo meant for the HP G6-2221ss that says that it works with DV7-4100, but after making 34 changes I can't compile the DSDT later because the patch generates a lot of error.

DSDTorig.aml.zip

DSDTpatchedcurrent.aml.zip

Hey artur_pt, thanks man! You're great! Battery is perfectly working now woth your patched DSDT and the kext from RehabMan. Also, I can finally boot without cpus=1 too. :)

The only thing missing now are the brightness buttons, and sound working without VoodooHDA. With the buttons things, I'm lost, I applied some patches once but they didn't worked. Regarding the sound, I will test some things to see if I can make it work.

I will also compare my DSDT with the one you patched, to see the differences and learn some new things. Thanks!