Fresh Install from USB Installer El Capitan 10.11.1 Beta Build 15B38b on Skylake i7 6700 + Gigabyte Z170-HD3

343 posts in this topic

First i will give you information about my specification

Processor : Intel Core i7 6700

Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3

RAM : Team DDR4 8GB (2X4GB) 2133Mhz - up to 3000Mhz at XMP Profile

Graphics Card : Palit Jetstream GTX960 4GB DDR5

SSD and HDD : Fujitsu F200 for System + 500GB Seagate connect with add on PCI-e to Sata 3 Asmedia ASM1062 Chipset

Other harddrive : 1 Natno SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate, 2x 500GB Seagate connect with internal SATA Controller Interface

Wifi Card : TP-Link TL-WDN4800

Monitor : 2x Asus VN248H (HDMI and Display Port with Converter)

I need 2 new hardware to support this

a. PCIe to Sata with 2 Ports Sata (because i use 2 important storage)

b. PCI to USB 2.0 with NEC Chipset (i Plug USB Keyboard, Mouse and USB Installer here)

My steps :

1. Make USB installer El Capitan 10.11 Public Release with CreateinstallMedia method

2. Install Clover Rev 3280 into it

3. Basic configuration for BIOS (Disable serial port at IO section in bios, Boot with UEFI Mode,  Primary Graphics set to PCI-E, Sata Controller = AHCI, CSM Support = Disable, OS Mode = Windows 8/10 WHQL)
4. My Masic Configuration for Config.plist (open with Clover Configurator Version 4.24)

ACPI = tick FixHpet, AddDTGP, FixHDA, New Way, Delete Unused, AddHDMI, Drop OEM_DSM of HDA and SATA.

Bootflag = nv_disable=1 -v dart=0

Devices = USB Inject, Add Clock ID, Fix OwnerShip, Audio Layout = 2, Reset HDA

Graphics = There is no change here

Kernel and Kext Patches = FakeCPUIID 0x00306F2 and tick KernelHasswellE (Please anybody,, i dont want use this. Latest El Capitan 10.11.1 Beta is supported native to this processor right. Help me with kernel so i don't need to use fakeCpuIID again) I I use Clover R3292 and i don't need to use FakeCPUID again,, just tick Kernel Haswell-E and it will boot. So you need to use Clover R3292 and later ;)

Rt Variables = BooterConfig 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig 0x067

SMBios = First i use SMBios MacPro 6.1 but later i just need to use iMac17,1 because My System build is identical with iMac17,1 hardware (SkyLake System)

System Parameters = Inject Kexts Detect and Tick Inject System ID

5. Boot from Your USB Installer and do everything like normal until you get into desktop

6. Install Kext Utility,  

7. Copy "AppleGraphicsControl.kext" from "System/Library/Extensions" to Desktop and then edit info.plist at "AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/info.plist" and look at OKitPersonalities->AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy->ConfigMap and change "Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 - Config1" to "Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 - None". Reinstall this kext with Kext Utility.

Note : the reason you need to "Config1" of "Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6" because it's BOARD-ID for MacPro6,1. so if you use SMBios of iMac17,1 then Check your Board-Id (you can use Clover Configurator and open your config.plist and see your Board-id at SMBios Section) and change "Config2/Config1" to "none". Now i use "Mac-DB15BD556843C820" as my Board-ID because i use iMac17,1 SMBios  :yes: so i need to change ConfigMap that related to it  :thumbsup_anim:

8. Install Nvidia Web Driver version 346.03.02f02, and restart.

9. Change bootflag "nv_disable=1" to "nvda_drv=1"

10. After you get into desktop, get Latest Beta Build 10.11.1 Seed. You need to change seed catalog update first (google it).

11. Do update to 10.11.1 Build 15B38b and restart

12. Boot again with bootflag "nv_disable=1", and copy "NVDAStartupWeb.kext" from "System/Library/Extensions" to desktop. And open info.plist at "NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist". Look at "IOKitPersonalities->NVDAStartup" and change "NVDARequiredOS - 15A284" to "NVDARequiredOS - 15B". Save,, and reinstall this kext with Kext Utility

13. IMPORTANT, if you use SMBIOS MacPro 6.1 or iMac 15.1 and some type (I forgot) then do "7Th Step" above again.

14. Restart and reuse "nvda_drv=1"

15. Now you have El Capitan 10.11.1 at your SKYLAKE Computer

Problem
1. Internal Sata is still not function, it show "Intel 10 Series Chipset" but "unknown" for Harddrive Solved by Mod Bios to disable 
IOAPIC 24-119 Entries or Patch Apple APIC
2. USB 3.0 is not function too, but it shot at USB System Report Solved by Mod Bios to disable IOAPIC 24-119 Entries or Patch Apple APIC

3. When you open Browser Applications, Movies or Something like that then it will freeze for 10 seconds. I check console and i found "NVDA(Graphics): Channel exception! Exception type = 0x8 DMA Engine Error (FIFO Error 8)" Solved by Mod Bios to disable IOAPIC 24-119 Entries or Patch Apple APIC

4. Address of Sound HDEF is different with my DSDT. Normally it should be "0x001B0000" but at my board's DSDT is "0x001F0003". So ScriptCommand of Toleda for ALC is not work anymore, we need to change that script command from HDEF-B to HDEF-F (just look at the script)

5. We need to change Device HDAS to HDEF at address "0x00fF0003", but something weird after 5times my system freeze and i look at Audio System Report it suddenly show all of AUDIO Interface :o, before not. Solved by Mod Bios to disable IOAPIC 24-119 Entries or Patch Apple APIC

6. I look at my Graphics/Displays Sytem report and at PCIe Lane Width, it show "x4" or "x8". Damn,, it should be "x16". It will random change after freeze from "x4" or "x8" My bad, i just need to plug out and plug in again. Just assembly case

Maybe Rehabman, Slice and Pike R. Alpha want to help me :D

Well,,

i attach my file (Darwin Dumper File) <<<<< Before Patched, and
i attach my DSDT + SSDT + Config.plist <<<<< After Patched and working well

Before Patch

Before Mod Bios / Patch 1

Before Mod Bios / Patch 2

Before Mod Bios / Patch 3

Before Mod Bios / Patch 4

=================================================================================================

AFTER PATCH

After Mod Bios / Patch 1

After Mod Bios / Patch 2

After Mod Bios / Patch 3

After Mod Bios / Patch 4

After Mod Bios / Patch 5

After Mod Bios / Patch 6

After Mod Bios / Patch 7

Edited by Andres ZeroCross
  • Like 5

You wrote this post just as I asked you how you did it.

Awesome man :D Thanks for your work!

Still apparently no way to do it without an external sata controller though, bummer.

You are welcome, i am hungry now. I want to eat "Nasi Padang". It's delicious food here :D

Still wait for solution :)

I am sorry but your attached  MySkyLakeFiles are almost useless. Please upload full DarwinDumper report.

Address of Sound HDEF is different with my DSDT. Normally it should be "0x001B0000" but at my board's DSDT is "0x001F0003".

I think it is wrong because according to Intel 0x001F0003 must be SMbus controller class 0c0500

I am sorry but your attached  MySkyLakeFiles are almost useless. Please upload full DarwinDumper report.

I think it is wrong because according to Intel 0x001F0003 must be SMbus controller class 0c0500

No,, i check in windows 0x001F003 is High Definition Audio, not SMBus. SMBus has different address.

Tonight i will upload my Darwin Dumper. Thanks for the respons :)

PS : at my old motherboard Z97X Gaming 3, 0x001B0000 is HDEF address and 0x001F0003 is SMBus address.

But, at Z170-HD3, 0x001B0000 is RP17 address and 0x001F0003 is HDEF address and 0x001F0004 is SMBus device

I have uploaded my Darwin Dumper,. you can check at main post Slice or here DarwinDumper_2.9.8_AMI_X64_3285_Unknown_andreszerocross.zip. Thanks :)

Sorry I can't offer any help - but I wanted to let you know that Im in the same boat. I have a Z170-A with a i7 6700, but I can't seem to get past the "Waiting for root device". Did you end up using a PCI-E to SATA/USB in the end?

Two things:

Has anyone get Skylake graphics working I see they get named "HD 7000" on DPCI Manager..

In  https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2015/10/14/os-x-10-11-1-beta-4-adds-skylake-support/

seems there is an enabler (?)-> AppleIntelGraphicsFramebuffer.sh and added support for the Intel Skylake processor graphics

Would be nice to see graphics tests of Intel HD530 on GFXbench for Mac and also on upcoming GFXBench Metal for Mac and  Compubench Metal (both coming soon from Kishonti seems)

Second regarding SATA issues can anyone confirm if working with a NVMe drive like Intel 750 series or a NVMe variant of SM951?

this would also confirm working NVMe devices for Mac first time, right?

You are right about the changed addresses and they are the same as the new iMac. . Look here:

Device (XHC1) {    Name (_ADR, 0x00140000)Device (IMEI) {    Name (_ADR, 0x00160000)Device (SATA) {    Name (_ADR, 0x00170000)    Device (PRT0) {            Name (_ADR, 0xFFFF)            Name (_CID, "hdd-power-off")    Scope (\_SB.PCI0.RP17.SSD0)    {        Device (PRT0)        {            Name (_ADR, 0xFFFF)            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)            {                Store (Package (0x02)                    {                        "io-device-location",                         Buffer (0x04)                        {                            "SSD"                        }                    }, Local0)                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3)                RefOf (Local0)                Return (Local0)            }Device (IGPU) {    Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)Device (HDEF) {    Name (_ADR, 0x001F0003)Device (SBUS) {    Name (_ADR, 0x001F0004)Device (SSD0) {    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) {    If (LEqual (NVME, One)) {      Store (Package (0x04) {        "use-msi",         One,         "nvme-LPSR-during-S3-S4",         One      }, Local0)    }    Else {        Store (Package (0x06) {          "use-msi",           One,           "sata-express-power-off",           One,           "ssd-off-in-S4",           One        }, Local0)    }    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))    Return (Local0)    }}And ACPI (what's it's name?) again fails to extract all Apple specific SSDT tables. Look here:Name (SSDT, Package (0x15) {    "CPU0IST ",     0x8AF22718,     0x00000696,     "APIST   ",     0x8AF1F618,     0x000005AA,     "CPU0CST ",     0x8AF1EC18,     0x0000028F,     "APCST   ",     0x8AF20C18,     0x00000119,     "CPU0HWP ",     0x8AF21F18,     0x0000008E,     "APHWP   ",     0x8AF20A98,     0x00000119,     "HWPLVT  ",     0x8AF20D98,     0x00000130})
HDD match with "Generic" and the SSD (AppleSATAExpress)

Note: {censored} tactic. What the h*ll is wrong with this stupid editor here? I'm done. Not going to waste my time here with this.

• Like 1

You are right about the changed addresses and they are the same as the new iMac. . Look here:

Device (XHC1) {    Name (_ADR, 0x00140000)Device (IMEI) {    Name (_ADR, 0x00160000)Device (SATA) {    Name (_ADR, 0x00170000)    Device (PRT0) {            Name (_ADR, 0xFFFF)            Name (_CID, "hdd-power-off")    Scope (\_SB.PCI0.RP17.SSD0)    {        Device (PRT0)        {            Name (_ADR, 0xFFFF)            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)            {                Store (Package (0x02)                    {                        "io-device-location",                         Buffer (0x04)                        {                            "SSD"                        }                    }, Local0)                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3)                RefOf (Local0)                Return (Local0)            }Device (IGPU) {    Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)Device (HDEF) {    Name (_ADR, 0x001F0003)Device (SBUS) {    Name (_ADR, 0x001F0004)Device (SSD0) {    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) {    If (LEqual (NVME, One)) {      Store (Package (0x04) {        "use-msi",         One,         "nvme-LPSR-during-S3-S4",         One      }, Local0)    }    Else {        Store (Package (0x06) {          "use-msi",           One,           "sata-express-power-off",           One,           "ssd-off-in-S4",           One        }, Local0)    }    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))    Return (Local0)    }}And ACPI (what's it's name?) again fails to extract all Apple specific SSDT tables. Look here:Name (SSDT, Package (0x15) {    "CPU0IST ",     0x8AF22718,     0x00000696,     "APIST   ",     0x8AF1F618,     0x000005AA,     "CPU0CST ",     0x8AF1EC18,     0x0000028F,     "APCST   ",     0x8AF20C18,     0x00000119,     "CPU0HWP ",     0x8AF21F18,     0x0000008E,     "APHWP   ",     0x8AF20A98,     0x00000119,     "HWPLVT  ",     0x8AF20D98,     0x00000130})
HDD match with "Generic" and the SSD (AppleSATAExpress)

Note: {censored} tactic. What the h*ll is wrong with this stupid editor here? I'm done. Not going to waste my time here with this.

LoL,,, please don't be angry :D

Maybe you can make new artikel at your website about this??? :D

"Kernel and Kext Patches = FakeCPUIID 0x00306F2 and tick KernelHasswellE (Please anybody,, i dont want use this. Latest El Capitan 10.11.1 Beta is supported native to this processor right. Help me with kernel so i don't need to use fakeCpuIID again)"

You still need to FakeCPUI?

I have the same Intel i7-6700 sitting on a Gigabyte motherboard and I don't even have FakeCPUID implemented in RevoBoot, so I am a bit surprised that you need it with Clover. Have you tried Chameleon (Enoch branch)?

"Kernel and Kext Patches = FakeCPUIID 0x00306F2 and tick KernelHasswellE (Please anybody,, i dont want use this. Latest El Capitan 10.11.1 Beta is supported native to this processor right. Help me with kernel so i don't need to use fakeCpuIID again)"

You still need to FakeCPUI?

I have the same Intel i7-6700 sitting on a Gigabyte motherboard and I don't even have FakeCPUID implemented in RevoBoot, so I am a bit surprised that you need it with Clover. Have you tried Chameleon (Enoch branch)?

I tested 10.11.1 with clover and CPU support's fine. The SATA and USB seem to be the only show stoppers right now.

I tested 10.11.1 with clover and CPU support's fine. The SATA and USB seem to be the only show stoppers right now.

As expected. Now take a look at this:

Scope (_SB)
    {
        Device (USBX)
        {
            Name (_ADR, Zero)
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                Store (Package (0x08)
                    {
                        "kUSBSleepPowerSupply", 
                        0x13EC, 
                        "kUSBSleepPortCurrentLimit", 
                        0x0834, 
                        "kUSBWakePowerSupply", 
                        0x13EC, 
                        "kUSBWakePortCurrentLimit", 
                        0x0834
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }
        }
Note that the iMac16,x and iMac17,x models are (still) missing in 10.11.1 but the same variable names can be found in one of the USB kexts so it appears that Apple took a new route for this in the new iMac's (I'm using the iMac17,1 here)

I got it booting with a PCI-e to SATA card - now the USB problem.

Yeah,, it's normal  :hysterical: 

It's USB Problem,, i said at post that i need "PCI to USB 2.0" to throw away this issue  :thumbsup_anim:

Would PCI to USB 3.0 work? Or does it need to be 2.0?

I got it booting with a PCI-e to SATA card - now the USB problem.

Would PCI to USB 3.0 work? Or does it need to be 2.0?

I don't know how to patch USB 3.0 (XHC) for Z170 DSDT (SkyLake) at El Capitan right now,, so i assume you need "PCI to USB 2.0". It will trigger EHCI and OHCI Mode for operating ;)

Edited by andreszerocross
  • Like 1

I don't know how to patch USB 3.0 (XHC) for Z170 DSDT (SkyLake) at El Capitan right now,, so i assume you need "PCI to USB 2.0". It will trigger EHCI and OHCI Mode for operating ;)

Thanks for the info - I'll have to see if I can fit it under my GPU - it might be a tight squeeze. 

Let's see if I can find a suitable one that can get here fairly quickly. 

Anyone tried the official 10.11.1 build (releast last night) to install yet? I'm going to be trying myself shortly. I've got an asus z170 deluxe with ASMEDIA usb (and an onboard ASMEDIA raid controller, separate from the intel controller)

I've read the asmedia USB controller works with osx, but only using GenericUSBXHCI. (Which doesn't support 10.11)

Extremely strange if 10.11.1 release (not beta) still doesn't contain intel drivers... Check out this post on the apple dev forums about 10.11.1 beta breaking the new imacs (because it didnt contain drivers): https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/23143

Anyone tried the official 10.11.1 build (releast last night) to install yet? I'm going to be trying myself shortly. I've got an asus z170 deluxe with ASMEDIA usb (and an onboard ASMEDIA raid controller, separate from the intel controller)

I've read the asmedia USB controller works with osx, but only using GenericUSBXHCI. (Which doesn't support 10.11)

Extremely strange if 10.11.1 release (not beta) still doesn't contain intel drivers... Check out this post on the apple dev forums about 10.11.1 beta breaking the new imacs (because it didnt contain drivers): https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/23143

I tried,, and still USB 3.0 and Internal Sata Issue.

And sometimes when you open browser media or movie then it will freeze for 5 seconds, there is a log about it at console. Maybe you know about this log "NVDA(Graphics): Channel exception! Exception type = 0x8 DMA Engine Error (FIFO Error 8)"

I tried,, and still USB 3.0 and Internal Sata Issue.

And sometimes when you open browser media or movie then it will freeze for 5 seconds, there is a log about it at console. Maybe you know about this log "NVDA(Graphics): Channel exception! Exception type = 0x8 DMA Engine Error (FIFO Error 8)"

Are you sure the actual data isn't there though? Maybe it just needs some trickery to get the kexts to load

I'm going to try my own hand at this tonight.

• Like 2

The official release works just fine with the new Skylake iMac's (Edit: Final version is working perfect now.).
  • Like 1