nVidia Geforce GTS 450 black screen at startup issue

dpevunov

4 posts in this topic

Hello!

I'm trying to upgrade from OSX 10.10.5 to 10.11. But to do this I must switch from Chamelion to Clover. I've managed to create clover boot usb and used clover-genconfig to create config.plist for my system. It sees all my partitions and devices. But there is a black screen after DSMOS has arrived. I see that system continues to boot but with black screen. Searching tons of forums I found out that this issue is related to my video card which is nVidia Geforce GTS 450. I tried almost everything (boot flags, reinstalling web drivers, changing smbios info, patching DSDT). Two times out of 20 system boots normally(!) banghead.gif. Also I can boot my system via clover with nv_disable=0 or/and with -x boot flag. Booting with -x flag ends with black screen with mouse pointer but not showing login screen. I have to wait until my monitor goes to sleep and after awakening it will finally show the safe mode login screen. With nv_disable flag it just boots with 1024x768 resolution.

I don't have such problems with video card when using Chimera bootloader. It works perfect with web driver installed. I even can play games.
Does anybody know how to fix this issue with clover and nvidia Geforce GTS 450? I cannot go further with upgrade without resolving this.

• 2 weeks later...