X99 - Architecture not recognised - compile and Terminal problems

1 post in this topic

Hello,

I set up a new X99 workstation based on the Intel i7 5960X a few months ago and Yosemite works very well on it. Except of a "small" part I normally use heavily in my daily workflow: The Terminal

Here is a descriptionof the problems I detected (maybe more are hidden but due to the problems I encountered I rarely use this workstation for development and fall back to my MacBook or my old Hack for now).

The architecture of the system seems to not be recognised correctly. When I try to install homebrew I get an error that it doesn't find the target platform. So I tried to look at uname and found that it doesn't show the current kernel or anything:

x99:~ me$ uname -a
x99:~ me$ 

Same strange behaviour goes for find (in my home with quite a few folders and files):

x99:~ me$ find . 
x99:~ me$ 

After wondering about this I started zsh and tried both commands:

f35% find .
zsh: exec format error: find
f35% uname -a
zsh: exec format error: uname

What can I think of this? Any idea hear?

I can't really imaging what went wrong there and why everything else works. I can throw different image/video apps up and haven't had problems yet. It's only on the Terminal where I'm not sure what's going on and normally I'm quite often using the Terminal as a long time Linux/*nix user and do many stuff with small scripts and use homebrew to install a bunch of tools also.

Installation was done with a modified Kernel and a few modified extensions to get it running on the X99 platform.