Yosemite 10.10.1 GTX 960 - drivers not working

aatrox

26 posts in this topic

Long story short - managed to install OS X, but can't get my card to work like it should. Everything is laggy and it's impossible to work on a PC like that. I can boot up and login, but it's waste of my time. I tried multiple drivers and fixes - nothing is working for me. 

Does anyone has a solution for this? 

More info on this - AMD FX processor, Graphics NVIDIA Chip model 7 MB (in the system shows that), MacPro 4,1

hi

did you installed nvidia web driver?

Hey.

Of course I did! Here is what I get after installing and rebooting.

I hope someone can help me, I'm losing my mind. 4 days and still nothing.

Sorry for the image being on the wrong side.

post-1602266-0-43452700-1444507892_thumb.jpg

nvda_drv=1

Haha I tried that multiple times - not working. Still get that text that I posted a photo. I tried npci=0x2000 and 3000 nothing, GraphicsEnabler=No still nothing. I said, I tried many things, but I guess not the right one. Any other possible trick?

Try installing the latest version of Enoch over Chimera and use GraphicsEnabler=Yes nvda_drv=1

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/71-enoch/

Installation failed. :(

It's not my version. :(

Just seen your a AMD user. Update to 10.10.5 and use this kernel, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302075-amd-yosemite-kernel-testing-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-84?p=2169025&do=findComment&comment=2169025

Don't replace any kexts from previous versions. Then use GraphicsEnabler=Yes

How can I use custom kernel? I use TransMac to make bootable USB.

Installation failed. :(

It's not my version. :(

How can I use custom kernel? I use TransMac to make bootable USB.

You have Windows on the same PC? If so then run the 10.10.5 update then switch into Windows and replace the kernel with TransMac in System/Library/Kernels/

You have Windows on the same PC? If so then run the 10.10.5 update then switch into Windows and replace the kernel with TransMac in System/Library/Kernels/

I don't have it. I have on my Macbook Pro in Virtual machine. Just downloading the update. That's img. Do I need to boot that up or can I open it normally? And sorry, don't really understand. I boot that onto my USB and then just add those extra files and switch them?

Open the update on the machine your having problems with and install as a normal pkg. Once its installed you need to access that HDD with your Macbook or Windows and replace the kernel and fingers crossed it should boot.

Open the update on the machine your having problems with and install as a normal pkg. Once its installed you need to access that HDD with your Macbook or Windows and replace the kernel and fingers crossed it should boot.

Haha I better don't get my hopes up. Thanks man. I'll let you know once I do that. Few more minutes to download.

• Like 1

Umm, I can't even boot. I didn't switch out the kernels. I tried putting Linux on USB and then switching out the files, but everything is read only. And yeah, can't boot at all now.

Use transmac like you said you had in the past to make the installer and replace the kernel. 

Can't seem to find Yosemite 10.10.5. Only updates. Can I use the update to boot or would you be able to provide a link for this version?

:)

hello , no flag "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" , use nvidia driver web or drivers vanilla (10.10.5) flag nvda_drv=1  with chameleon 2716 

Hey.

I now need to install 10.10.5 but I can't seem to find a download. Can you help me with that?

Just to update you guys - found one on torrents. Downloading right now and then we'll see from there.

Use transmac like you said you had in the past to make the installer and replace the kernel. 

Hey man, should this look like this? http://prntscr.com/8q0bjk

I also can't find kernel there anywhere :o http://prntscr.com/8q0bx8

When I try to boot I get: Can't find /match_kernel

I'm going to sleep. I'll try tomorrow and then if nothing, I'll go back to linux. How do I make bootable USB from DMG file on Mac? What bootloader should I use? How can I switch kernels? So many questions :(