No sound and Ethernet CCC back up.

Bdog79

2 posts in this topic

I have a weird situation. I've had a working Yosemite build for about a month or so now with everything working fine. I've recently tried CCC and backed up my Yosemite SSD. I installed clover to the backup to allow myself to boot into the back up. The problem is that when I boot into my backup, I have no Ethernet and sound. I tried copying the entire EFI folder from my working Yosemite SSD to the EFI folder on my CCC backup with no luck. I'm clueless as to why it's not working. Does anyone else have any ideas?

I wasn't sure where to post this so if there is a better place, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a weird situation. I've had a working Yosemite build for about a month or so now with everything working fine. I've recently tried CCC and backed up my Yosemite SSD. I installed clover to the backup to allow myself to boot into the back up. The problem is that when I boot into my backup, I have no Ethernet and sound. I tried copying the entire EFI folder from my working Yosemite SSD to the EFI folder on my CCC backup with no luck. I'm clueless as to why it's not working. Does anyone else have any ideas?

I wasn't sure where to post this so if there is a better place, please let me know.

Uhm, do you have an EFI partition on your backup SSD?

Can you post a diskutil output and specify which is your backup SSD?

No Ethernet and sound (assuming you're using Clover patching for that) can be because your 3rd party kexts are not injected.

I used CCC before. Awesome tool. But not to copy to another HDD/SSD, but to another partition. So the EFI partition stayed the same. And I had no issues booting up, or using the 3rd party kexts.