Successful Mavericks Install on HP s5220y

XxMr.ManxX

2 posts in this topic

This is a Guide on how to install Mavericks 10.9.5 on an HP Slimline s5220y.

Specs

Mobo: HP Slimline s5220y

CPU: Intel Pentium E5300 (Dual Core)

RAM: 4GB DDR2 800 MHz

Wireless: TP-Link TL-WN851ND

Graphics: EVGA Geforce GT 210

On a factory OEM s5220y you will have integrated Intel GMA 3100 Graphics and no Wi-Fi.

Step 1: Install Media Creation

Download myHack from here: http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/ and follow the guide (it is pretty simple)

Step 2: Install

Boot from the usb drive and follow the install instructions. I had to remove my graphics card for it to boot, but added it after the install and the problem was solved.

Once you are booted up, select your country (or language I forget) and press continue. At the top of the screen it "Utilities" click "Disk Utility" and select your HDD (or SSD), go to the Partition tab and make sure you have the following:

disk_util.png

Current should be 1 Partition
Format should be Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
And "Partition Map Scheme" Should be GUID Partition Table (if it is not, click options and select it).

Then click continue and agree, select the HDD you just formatted and click Install.

Near the end myHack will come up and ask which extra folder you want to use. I chose "Use Generic Extra." myHack will ask you about a bunch of kexts too, choose yes or no depending on what you are using.

Step 3: Kexts

Audio
For it to work correctly, either use Chameleon Wizard too add HDA Enabler to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist or add it yourself.

chameleon_wiz.png

hda_enabler.png

Ethernet
Not Working

Wireless

Step 4: org.chameleon.Boot.plist and SMBios.plist

org.chameleon.Boot.plist
Then make sure you have the following boot args:
PCIRoot=1 (Depending on your Graphics)
Graphics Enabler (Depending on your Graphics)
-v (only if you want to see the cool codes, it is not required)

SMBios.plist
Click "Edit," then select "iMac8,1" under premade smbioses. 

And Thats It!
Now it's time to restart and sit back and enjoy your creation. If you have ever looked inside an s5220y, then you might have seen that the power supply actually blocks the PCI port at the bottom, so it would be impossible for me to utilize it, so I dug up and old case and threw everything in there. I didn't even bother to mess with the PCIe x1 modem card.

I hope this helped.   :) 

• 2 weeks later...