Success - El Capitan Build 15B30a on SkyLake i7 6700 with some Bugs

36 posts in this topic

First my Old Threads is here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308178-el-capitan-wih-i7-6700-skylake-gigabyte-ga-z170-hd3-palit-jetstream-gtx960/

My Computer Specifications
1. Processor : Intel Core i7 6700

2. Motherboard : Gigabyte Z170-HD3

3. VGA Card : Palit Jetstream GTX960 4GB DDR5

4. Wifi Card ; TP-Link TL-WDN4800

5. PCI-E to Sata = Bafo PCI-e to 2 Sata3 and 2 e-Sata

6. PCI to USB 2.0 - NEC Chipset

7. Main Harddisk Harddisk : Fujitsu SSD 120GB + Seagate 500GB that plug into Bafo PCIe to Sata3
8. Other Harddisk : Natno SSD 12GB, 2x Seagate 2TB, Seagate 500GB, all of it are plug into onboard Sata Chipset Controller (But Unknow at El Capitan / 10th Intel Chipset)
9. RAM : Team 3000Mhz 8GB (2x4GB)
10. Display : Asus VN248H

11. Clover version : 3280

My Step :
1. Because Internal Sata Chipset and USB 3.0 are not supported yet, so i clone my Fujitsu 120GB SSD from my Hacbook Asus X455LA that already installed El Capitan Build 15B30a with Carbon Copy Cloner :D

2. I use MacPro 6.1 as SMBIOS and use FakeCPUIID of Intel 4790k (0x0306C3)

3. Remove CPUSensor.kext from "FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins" if you don't do this it will be stuck at ACPI log verbose.

4. I try boot from USB that already install Clover 3280 and it boot. I use "-v nv_disable=1 dart=0"
5. Then at desktop, i install nvidia web driver 346.03.02F02 (before that you need to modif it,, use pkgutil --expand bla bla ba,, google it and change required os to "15B" then use pkgutl --flatten bla bla to repackage) then i change info plist from AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/Plugin/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/info.plist and change line that contain board-id of MacPro 6.1 from Config2 to none

6. Then i install that kext,, and restart

7. i use "-v dart=0 nvda_drv=1 and it will need more time than usual to get login form,, yeah i did it. But there is some bugs

Bugs :
1. Internal sata is not function

2. USB 3.0 is error too,,  at verbose i see "error mantisa log"

3. Sometimes my system get freeze for a few seconds. I thinks this is error from Nvidia web driver,, i see nvdia error log from "sudo dmesg"

At last,, sorry for my bad english :D
Thanks

This is for screenshots

Screen%252520Shot%2525202015-10-10%25252

Screen%252520Shot%2525202015-10-10%25252

I upload my IOREG and DSDT

Edited by Andres ZeroCross
  • Like 4

That sounds good. I have a skylake 6700K too waiting with GTX980TI but i don't have SATA/USB controller room left on ASUS Maximus Gene VIII. We just need some extra time... 

I think so,,, it looks from 10.11.1 was supported for SkyLake. 

I make USB Installer and plug in to add-on PCI to USB but it won't load, just stuck at line and single word "ACPI"

3. Remove CPUSensor.kext from "FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins" if you don't do this it will be stuck at ACPI log verbose.

I'm sorry... am I missing something? I don't have any "Plugins" folder inside my FakeSMC.kext. The only two items inside of FakeSMC.kext/Contents are Info.plist and a MacOS directory.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm going to assume it doesn't matter with my kext, since I'm not encountering any problem with it.

Could anyone explain more precisely what I need to buy in order to make this work? I'm assuming I need some sort of PCI add-in card(s) that give me external USB (for booting the installer) and internal SATA (for using my hard disk).

I'm sorry... am I missing something? I don't have any "Plugins" folder inside my FakeSMC.kext. The only two items inside of FakeSMC.kext/Contents are Info.plist and a MacOS directory.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm going to assume it doesn't matter with my kext, since I'm not encountering any problem with it.

Could anyone explain more precisely what I need to buy in order to make this work? I'm assuming I need some sort of PCI add-in card(s) that give me external USB (for booting the installer) and internal SATA (for using my hard disk).

I try boot from USB that i plugin to USB extension card PCI but i won't boot. it's still stuck at single word ACPI :D

I think it because OS X El Capitan Public Release 10.11 is not supported for SkyLake yet, Internal Sata 10th chipset is not supported too. Because of that,, i clone my Asus X455LA (Hackbook OS X 10.11.1 Build 15B30a) to my PC System and try to boot from it :D with SSD is plug into Add On Sata Card :D

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand

I'm not completely convinced--at least, based off of what's been said--that El Capitan 10.10.1 is what fixed the problem. IE, we don't know what would have happened if you'd cloned a 10.11.0 drive.

Just to be absolutely clear: this SSD plugs into the PCI Express slot, correct? If yes, it looks like I'll need to order one.

I was actually able to get surprisingly far in the boot process last night. I had a 10.11.0 installer on a USB key plugged into a USB 2.0 port on the front of PC case, with clover configured to use the Mac Pro 6,1 SMBIOS and a 0x0306C3 FakeCPUID, as per the OP. I furthermore had to disable ALL of Clover's "old way" DSDT patches, as enabling any of them caused an AppleACPIPlatformExpert kernel panic.

My computer did get stuck on "Still Waiting for Root Device" for a VERY long time (the message repeated SEVEN times), but it eventually "Got boot device" and continued onward from there, albeit very slowly. Unfortunately, however, it eventually got stuck on "Failed to open swap file 30"

I'm not completely convinced--at least, based off of what's been said--that El Capitan 10.10.1 is what fixed the problem. IE, we don't know what would have happened if you'd cloned a 10.11.0 drive.

Just to be absolutely clear: this SSD plugs into the PCI Express slot, correct? If yes, it looks like I'll need to order one.

I was actually able to get surprisingly far in the boot process last night. I had a 10.11.0 installer on a USB key plugged into a USB 2.0 port on the front of PC case, with clover configured to use the Mac Pro 6,1 SMBIOS and a 0x0306C3 FakeCPUID, as per the OP. I furthermore had to disable ALL of Clover's "old way" DSDT patches, as enabling any of them caused an AppleACPIPlatformExpert kernel panic.

My computer did get stuck on "Still Waiting for Root Device" for a VERY long time (the message repeated SEVEN times), but it eventually "Got boot device" and continued onward from there, albeit very slowly. Unfortunately, however, it eventually got stuck on "Failed to open swap file 30"

Did you use add ownership USB on PCI Device Section on config.plist?

I take it that you forgot to update: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext/Contents/Info.plist

1.) Open the Info.plist

2.) Copy the Intel9SeriesAHCI Dictionary

3.) Paste the Dictionary

4.) Rename Intel9SeriesAHCI Dictionary to Intel10SeriesAHCI

5.) Fix the pci device info.

6.) Save file.

• Like 3

Did you use add ownership USB on PCI Device Section on config.plist?

I don't have a PCI Device Section in my config.plist. What I do have is:

<key>Devices</key>

<dict>

<key>Audio</key>

[...]

<key>USB</key>

<dict>

<key>AddClockID</key>

<true/>

<key>FixOwnership</key>

<true/>

<key>Inject</key>

<true/>

</dict>

</dict>

Is this what you're referring to? If yes, then yeah, I've tried it with FixOwnership set to both True and False. I get the same result.

I'm planning to get a PCI to SATA card, so I'll be able to try that in a couple weeks or so if I can't get this working. It's strange that I managed to get so far in the bootup process, though.

I take it that you forgot to update: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext/Contents/Info.plist

1.) Open the Info.plist

2.) Copy the Intel9SeriesAHCI Dictionary

3.) Paste the Dictionary

4.) Rename Intel9SeriesAHCI Dictionary to Intel10SeriesAHCI

5.) Fix the pci device info.

6.) Save file.

I'm not sure whether or not this is directed at me. I haven't installed yet, I'm just trying to boot the installer. I could grab that kext from my real mac, make those changes, and then add it to clover to be injected. Is that what you're suggesting?

I'm not sure whether or not this is directed at me. I haven't installed yet, I'm just trying to boot the installer. I could grab that kext from my real mac, make those changes, and then add it to clover to be injected. Is that what you're suggesting?

Not specifically, but it is something you need.

What method did you use to create the boot usb? Clover beta seems to require "Install OS X El Capitan Public Beta.app" but all I can seem to get is .pkg (The app store is treating it like a system update now)

I'd love to give this a try myself, especially since official support is in beta 4

We wait your answer. Now have support for skylake on Beta 4 15B38b!!! Good luck!!!!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308707-fresh-install-from-usb-installer-el-capitan-10111-beta-build-15b38b-on-skylake-i7-6700-gigabyte-z170-hd3/

Fresh install from USB and update to 158B3b. But still USB and Internal Sata Problem

I don't have a PCI Device Section in my config.plist. What I do have is:

<key>Devices</key>

<dict>

<key>Audio</key>

[...]

<key>USB</key>

<dict>

<key>AddClockID</key>

<true/>

<key>FixOwnership</key>

<true/>

<key>Inject</key>

<true/>

</dict>

</dict>

Is this what you're referring to? If yes, then yeah, I've tried it with FixOwnership set to both True and False. I get the same result.

I'm planning to get a PCI to SATA card, so I'll be able to try that in a couple weeks or so if I can't get this working. It's strange that I managed to get so far in the bootup process, though.

You need PCI to USB 2.0 then :D

Just plug-in to your PCI Slot, and it will native support.

Remember, you need to disable Serial Port at IO Section from bios. If you don't do this step then your system will get kernel panic with some error with usb,IOACPPlatform, IOPCIPlatform etc.

Do I need to buy adapters?