El Capitan on ASUS Maximus VII Formula, Intel Core i7-4790k

2 posts in this topic

Newb here, but here we go, need some help from guys who know what they are doing.

Trying to install El Capitan on my first ever "Hackintosh"

Specs are:

ASUS Maximus VII Formula Z97, 

Intel Core i7-4790k,

16GB G.Skill Ripjaws RAM, 

MSI Lightning GTX 770 2GB,

1050 Watt EVGA GS PSU, 

NZXT H440 Case

I have made a USB Drive with Terminal (createinstallmedia) of El Capitan on an 8GB Flash Drive which was SUCCESSFUL. I am prepared to install Clover Bootloader but am overwhelmed by the options. Can anyone give me any advice on what options to select under "Customize" for my specific build? I heard I need a DSDT.aml file? How do I make one of those for my build? Also, based on my specs, what kexts and Boot Args would you guys recommend to help me get to the installer and post install? 

Thanks for the consideration.

Newb here, but here we go, need some help from guys who know what they are doing.

Trying to install El Capitan on my first ever "Hackintosh"

Specs are:

ASUS Maximus VII Formula Z97, 

Intel Core i7-4790k,

16GB G.Skill Ripjaws RAM, 

MSI Lightning GTX 770 2GB,

1050 Watt EVGA GS PSU, 

NZXT H440 Case

I have made a USB Drive with Terminal (createinstallmedia) of El Capitan on an 8GB Flash Drive which was SUCCESSFUL. I am prepared to install Clover Bootloader but am overwhelmed by the options. Can anyone give me any advice on what options to select under "Customize" for my specific build? I heard I need a DSDT.aml file? How do I make one of those for my build? Also, based on my specs, what kexts and Boot Args would you guys recommend to help me get to the installer and post install? 

Thanks for the consideration.

Try to read this one http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/configuration