EP35-DS4 Almost perfect

badtaste

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have installed El Capitan on a Gygabyte EP35-DS4 and almost everything is working very nice so far. (I know it's an old system, but I don't need anything better)

Sleep is having a strange behavior: if I go to sleep for the first time the computer goes into sleep and after a few minutes or seconds (it's random) the computer wakes itself;  if after this I press sleep again the computer goes to sleep normally and I have to press power on to wake the computer. Let's say I have to press sleep twice to go to proper sleep. ¿?¿?¿?¿

In console all I see (related to wake) is:

- Wake Reason: ?

I'm using:

- Clover 3280 (DSDT and SSDT)

- FakeSMC.kext

- RealtekRTL8111.kext

- Toleda's patch for audio.

¿any ideas? I have tried almost everything on ACPI section on clover. No luck.

For me same,but mostly , after short wakeup after sleep it sleeps again within a few seconds.

Interesting: If i shutdown, the mouse (USB Bus) stays ligthen (aktive). That was not with yosemite.

I switch of the powerswitch, than the mouse gets dark within a few seconds.

Not really a problem. :)

Seems that the USB Bus holds the power on sleep/shutdown. I can load my handy in sleep/shutdown no. With yosemite there was no USB power to load on sleep/shutdown.

Hello,

I have same mainboard (Gygabyte EP35-DS4), and very similar configuration to badtaste.

I have managed to install El Capitain with almost everything I need working (network and video), but I need help with installing audio.

I am asking if some of you guys (maybe badtaste) can help me by describing procedure for installing Toleda's patch for audio, or post your Clover config.plist (and maybe patched kexts)? 

Thanks

Hello,

I have same mainboard (Gygabyte EP35-DS4), and very similar configuration to badtaste.

I have managed to install El Capitain with almost everything I need working (network and video), but I need help with installing audio.

I am asking if some of you guys (maybe badtaste) can help me by describing procedure for installing Toleda's patch for audio, or post your Clover config.plist (and maybe patched kexts)? 

Thanks

I've used Toleda's Patch.

I think you have to look at your DSDT, search for "Device (HDEF)" and change your "layout-id" to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, it should work.

Yep thats it (Layout ID 1) - doesnt matter if in DSDT (like me) or trying to inject afterwards by chameleon/clover.

The man works does that command script perfeckt - but  needs Layout ID set to 1 BEFORE using the patch script.

Also you must have disabled that SIP secure feature in 10.11 - otherwise no changes /patches are possible to the HDA kext!

• 3 months later...

Hi guys.

I would appreciate if someone who has successfully installed el capitan on an ep35ds4 board could offer some help.

I have el capitan installed on the machine with the given board with intel ssd and 8800GT card and using clover as a bootloader (legacy).

To install it I used chris111 method of direct install to a virgin ssd (on a real mac) and installing clover afterwords as it was the fastest method out there. Almost everything seemed to work fine.

Bootloader is on the same partition as el capitan. Identified as a MacPro 3,1.

Everything, including sound is working fine except sleep (which i can live without) and shutdown which really is a problem I would wish to solve.

Shutdown turns off the system and monitor but vents keep on spining.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I have also this great board: GA-EP-35-DS3. Old, but still working!

Successfully installed El Capitan via USB-stick install. Booting into El Capitan still from Clover bootstick (actual version from sourceforge).

I had a working yosemite Clover installation with a DSDT.aml.

How to configure Clover to still use my DSDT.aml or is this way depricated now? I don't know which Settings to be set with clover configurator.

LAN working with patch from this Forum, no QE at the moment with my graphic card, audio also still missing.

In an aother thread I read something to generate a ssdt.aml. Is this für speedstepping? I never used one with yosemite, P- and C-states did work.

P.S.: Still the best forum for OSX86 related stuff!