[Guide] Surface Pro 1st gen El Capitan clean installation

JahStories

220 posts in this topic

Update Sierra final, I think ok Sound, graphics, battery, bluetooth, I will test more.

!!! Cool, thanks for the proof!

Is the external display port working? External (DP-Port/HDMI) audio also?

What about the good old touchbase-driver? Anyone testet?

If you all are "so far", how about a little "walkthrough" for us hungry - new thread or here.

i think JahStories don't mind so far, as he let his "child" run alone...

in the dark...

hey Jah, still alive?! ^_^

!!! Cool, thanks for the proof!

Is the external display port working? External (DP-Port/HDMI) audio also?

What about the good old touchbase-driver? Anyone testet?

If you all are "so far", how about a little "walkthrough" for us hungry - new thread or here.

i think JahStories don't mind so far, as he let his "child" run alone...

in the dark...

hey Jah, still alive?! ^_^

Sorry I don't have external for test this. I install Touchbase trial, it work good no broblem ^^

The audio is back!

unlike the bluetooth kexts which i think is only one they are several applehda kexts.i used version 272.18.1 in el capitan but in sierra doesnt load.version 267.0 works! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi ducati996

can you plz post the audio kext version 267 , the 272 one dont load the microphone for me 

thank you in advance 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I don't have external for test this. I install Touchbase trial, it work good no broblem ^^

Can you please tell me how you managed to get Bluetooth working?

So we can update form el capitan to sierra ?

Yes you can. Just prepare your USB installer. Install on your OLD OS X partition. You will keep all your programs. You maybe have to install the new Clover to your system-EFI (copy and paste the folder - If it runs on your stick it runs on your system)

I'm about to do a clean upgrade from Yosemite to El Capitan on my surface pro and noticed that the SP1 files pack does not contain the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri kext even though the guide says to replace the system default kext, does this mean I just need to delete the system AppleIntelFramebufferCapri kext following the install and not replace it? Any help will be much appreciated, thank you

Also regarding the Clover Bootloader install, did everyone tick all the options for Drivers64UEFI or just the original options and not the new options that have been added in recent Clover updates? So would I just tick the options that I have ticked in my Yosemite install? (see attached). Finally, for this install do we not need a genericUSBXHCI Kext?

post-1312967-0-10098600-1478101632_thumb.png

In my personal case... i used the same stuff as before... same settings... i wanted to make it clean. The install went fluid (i did not wipe the disc), and it just "updated". but hey all works as before except bt and external. Now running 10.12 Sierra.

I'm about to do a clean upgrade from Yosemite to El Capitan on my surface pro and noticed that the SP1 files pack does not contain the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri kext even though the guide says to replace the system default kext, does this mean I just need to delete the system AppleIntelFramebufferCapri kext following the install and not replace it? Any help will be much appreciated, thank you

I did (not) need the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri kext, pre and post install. Install like you did one Yosemite. Maybe you use the same stick. (look some posts further!)

It would be Great if someone could fix up together a complete Guide, and Files to install 10.12.. Just got my hands on an Surface Pro and would Love to Rock it with OSX.

Yeah that would be great... maybe you do?

Sorry, don't mean to be harsh. But it is all said and done up to date. It is all written down in this forum here. Be sure "IT IS ALL THERE" - you may need to read a little. OK its a mess... if you like to "clean it up" - go on, i will appreciate. Most of us got along with the "mess", running OS X on a surface. May you choose this way. 

(It is a little like in real life): I for myself started a couple of times with my "ultimate guide - OS X on a Surface1" ... but .. you know.. hmmm ... stuck in the middle. ;) But my sys is up and running. 

Go on, read that stuff. Some parts are fun and better than a book. You will have a lot to know about your SurfaXe. Trial and error plus hunting is even for me (after +10 Hackintoshes) the PHUN in the GAME.

At least i am typing this on a real mac. Hasselfree workinghorse. Recommend this if you don't want to "PLAY".

• Like 1

OK. Just to sum it up: I am on Sierra 10.12.1 everything expected is working (not the WIFI ^_^ - it will never work, get a dongle!!!).

Bluetooth: get the avastarfwloader.kext and try this dsdt (INTERNALLINK - and read a little further). Kextdrop the kext. Swap the dsdt on your EFI.

ExternalScreen: AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext (ver 10.2.46) and IOGraphicsFamily.kext (ver 2.4.1) - Kextdrop them. Also copy them to your kexts on the EFI.

External screen works in sierra?no need for dsdt edit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far... speaking for me... it works with the mentioned files. I am not sure if the used dsdt is a key to ext-screen. I need it for getting BT up.