Realtek ALC 883 Audio codec with Asus P5k-se

lumark

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

please can you guys tell me where i can find patched Applehda kext to get sounds working?

Mobo is the one in the topic title and these are the audio specs:

Realtek ALC 883 8 -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC 

Just finished to install for the 47326784623 time EL Capitan with  clover as bootloader, but i get no sounds!! (...and actually anything else at the moment, but i decided to start fixing that :) )

Pleeeeease help me out, thank you!!

Thank you!!

I' ve just installed the kext using easy kext utility, but i didn't get any sounds and device(after restarting the os) in the sound section!

What is my mistake?I had to do something else before installing the kext?

Thank you again for the help!

. Determining The Number Layout_Id / Audio_Id By Ports Motherboard:

1 - Audio_ID's / LAYOUT-ID's:

1 - Layout_ID 3 =  For Laptop's.

2 - Layout_ID 5 =  3 ports supported (Pink, Green, Blue)

3 - Layout_ID 7 = 5/6 ports supported (Grey, Black, Orange, Pink, Green, Blue)

4 - Layout_ID 9 = 5/6 ports supported (Grey, Black, Orange, Pink, Green, Blue, CodecAddress: 2)

. Injection Of Your Audio_Id:

1 - Methods: Clover / DSDT / HDEnabler / Chameleon.

1 - DSDT / HDEF / Layout_id = Audio_id

2 - HDAEnablerX.kext (where "X" corresponds to the number of Audio_ID / desired Layout_ID)

3 - Clover / Config.plist / Devices / Audio / Inject = Audio_ID

4 - Chameleon Installer / Customize / Setting / HDEF Layout /

Note: Use only one of the methods described above.

Remember Disable SIP.

• Like 1

. Determining The Number Layout_Id / Audio_Id By Ports Motherboard:

1 - Audio_ID's / LAYOUT-ID's:

1 - Layout_ID 3 =  For Laptop's.
                                2 - Layout_ID 5 =  3 ports supported (Pink, Green, Blue)
                                3 - Layout_ID 7 = 5/6 ports supported (Grey, Black, Orange, Pink, Green, Blue)
                                4 - Layout_ID 9 = 5/6 ports supported (Grey, Black, Orange, Pink, Green, Blue, CodecAddress: 2)

. Injection Of Your Audio_Id:

1 - Methods: Clover / DSDT / HDEnabler / Chameleon.

1 - DSDT / HDEF / Layout_id = Audio_id
                                2 - HDAEnablerX.kext (where "X" corresponds to the number of Audio_ID / desired Layout_ID)
                                3 - Clover / Config.plist / Devices / Audio / Inject = Audio_ID
                                4 - Chameleon Installer / Customize / Setting / HDEF Layout /

Note: Use only one of the methods described above.

Remember Disable SIP.

Thank you, please can you tell me how can i do all those things?

Is there a guide that i can follow?

I'm sorry to bother you, but I've never done that before.

How do I know which is my Audio_id?and which file should i edit to change the Layout_Id?

Once again, thank you.

UPDATE: YAY!!...I MADE IT!!  :D

I figured it out, sorry for the 9894732987 questions, I got lost for no reasons!!

I used the HDEnabler method.

• 1 year later...