NVIDIA Web Driver Updater [UPDATE: 07/18/2016]

fantomas

122 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

New v1.5 has been released

What's New in Version 1.5 (See full changelog)

• 1.5 Now you can download all available old versions of the Web driver within the major OS version (you can chose 10.11.5 drivers (or 10.11.6 beta version), patch it for 10.11.6 final (same for other OSes)..waiting for a new release.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/474-nvidia%C2%AE-webdriver-updaterapp/

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Nvidia Web Driver Updater 1.5 does not work with actual Nvidia Web Driver... No NVDAStartupWeb.kext in S/L/E... 

Would like to use WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.102 with 10.13.2 iMacPro build 17C2120 and 10.13.3 beta 3... 

Any help? 

Many thanks in advance... 

This doesn't work for me. Downloaded your "NVIDIA HS Library", edited Info.plist of NVDAStartup.kext and I still can't get my 1050 Ti recognized. I also previously tried downloading a build-inappropriate version of the web driver with the tool, but the auto patcher in the tool didn't work, so I had to do it manually. That also failed. 

For some reason my VM is getting an iMac Pro build number (17C2205). Thanks to that, there's no way for me to get High Sierra working with GPU passthrough. No problem with Sierra though. Time for me to ragequit...

• Like 2

This doesn't work for me. Downloaded your "NVIDIA HS Library", edited Info.plist of NVDAStartup.kext and I still can't get my 1050 Ti recognized. I also previously tried downloading a build-inappropriate version of the web driver with the tool, but the auto patcher in the tool didn't work, so I had to do it manually. That also failed. 

For some reason my VM is getting an iMac Pro build number (17C2205). Thanks to that, there's no way for me to get High Sierra working with GPU passthrough. No problem with Sierra though. Time for me to ragequit...

check here

MaLd0n 2018-01-12 às 01.21.26.png

and add in NVDAStartupWeb.kext

MaLd0n 2018-01-12 às 01.23.21.png

First off thanks for staying with me. I'm calmer now.

But I'm a little unclear what you're suggesting. Are you saying I should upgrade to the 10.13.3 beta release? 

As I mentioned earlier, I did try manually adding my current build number (17C2205) to NVDARequiredOS in NVDAStartupWeb.kext, but that didn't work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Can someone help please? I used this to install a driver not specific to my version (macOS 10.12.6 (16G29)) I ran the NVDAStartupWeb.kext patch and it just goes to spinning ball.

Now if i try to install the driver specific to my version of mac os, it still tells me it is not qualified and defaults to the built in driver!

I have no idea what hitting the patch button did, but id like to un do it so i can just use the qualified nvidia driver and not the OSX one.

Thanks