NVIDIA Web Driver Updater [UPDATE: 07/18/2016]

fantomas

122 posts in this topic

After many hours of troubleshooting I got lucky. I found this file http://www.hackintos...1322-nvenabler/

Decided to give it a tried and it works, it recognized the 512 VRAM of the GPU. Is a patch Kext for a lot of graphics cards and still works in 10.10.5 !

For old cards and motherboard GPU patching the Kext with the proper information should work.

I think that if this tools does the pacthing, a lot of hackintoshes will look sharp as the first day they got built..!

After many hours of troubleshooting I got lucky. I found this file http://www.hackintos...1322-nvenabler/

Decided to give it a tried and it works, it recognized the 512 VRAM of the GPU. Is a patch Kext for a lot of graphics cards and still works in 10.10.5 !

For old cards and motherboard GPU patching the Kext with the proper information should work.

I think that if this tools does the pacthing, a lot of hackintoshes will look sharp as the first day they got built..!

What NVEnabler.kext do is to inject some properties in the Platform Expert... something that has noting to do with kext patching like missing  ACPI related stuff that you need for your DSDT.

BTW a universal pci match (0x000010de&0x0000ffff) is there, but I guess is no longer needed...

Guys in attachement ther's a new version of the app in Beta stage with these changes:

1. - Implemented an Helper Tool that allow the application to do privileged task as root.
  2. - Patch NVDAStartupWeb.kext with the OS build version you want (if you want).
  3. - NVEnabler.kext configurable by the app in each part (to activate your NVDIA card for systems w/o DSDT/Clover patches (good for Chameleon/Enoch)). To find the vbios for your card you can see at Thech Power Up site and download it, then load into the required field.
  4. - Automatically repair the kexts permissions of patched/installed kexts
  5. - Now you can install the downloaded Web Drivers package directly by NVIDIA® WebDriver Updater.app, the progress should be displayed in the interface  B)
  6. - check SIP setting in El Capitan for the FS Protection. If enabled you can't install NVEnabler.kext nor patch NVDAStartupWeb.kext (you have to disable it before). You can still generate NVEnabler.kext to your Desktop or install the NViDIA Web Drivers with SIP fully enabled.
  7. - The app is code signed

Also you can choose to patch  NVDAStartupWeb.kext later or in conjunction with installation (when you want or if you want and if you need that). You can always install NVEnabler.kext or generate it to your Desktop without install the Web Drivers.

post-674334-0-32387400-1445433578.png

post-674334-0-81911700-1445439799.png

post-674334-0-84044200-1445433598.png

post-674334-0-29251100-1445433607.png

post-674334-0-51011500-1445443998.png

We need a tester.. you can?

EDIT

app removed. New v1.1 available in the Download Section

Edited by Micky1979
new app in the download section
  • Like 4

I can test anything as long as it does not fry my old GeForce 8300, and I know it won't. Before i try it, here is my setup.

My real PC running 10.10.5 is not connected to the internet, the only drivers that I was able to find for my Nforce ethernet built it card, shows there is a connection but I do not have any internet. It did not work for me.

I was able to get the VirtualBox of 10.10.5 connected to the internet. Can I do this?

Run the App in the VirtualMachine to get the Current WebDriver, then copy it to the Real PC and run the App and perfom the injection and then install it.

Then I can give it a try.

I can test anything as long as it does not fry my old GeForce 8300, and I know it won't. Before i try it, here is my setup.

My real PC running 10.10.5 is not connected to the internet, the only drivers that I was able to find for my Nforce ethernet built it card, shows there is a connection but I do not have any internet. It did not work for me.

I was able to get the VirtualBox of 10.10.5 connected to the internet. Can I do this?

Run the App in the VirtualMachine to get the Current WebDriver, then copy it to the Real PC and run the App and perfom the injection and then install it.

Then I can give it a try.

Ok, try only to install NVEnabler.kext then. (remove the one you have installed). Thanks

The App on VirtualBox downloaded the current drivers, but it copy it to the home folder not the desktop. I was able to find it.

But it maybe something to look at, users will be looking at the desktop and nothing happends, or it was just probably my set up.

This is why is marked as "Beta". Thanks I will correct this immediately!

EDIT

corrected. I'm downloading a new package to test, then let you try!

EDIT II

@insanelyAMDmac new beta 3 here, can you test if now is ok? .. here is ok!

EDIT III

the new app is now in the download section!

• Like 1

I installed the drivers, then click on NVEnabler.kext and it shows as install (very quickly) also copy it to the desktop and it worked.

When I restarted, it shows the NVdanv50HAL loaded and register, but again the black screen.

I did also just installed click on the NVEnabler.kext but did not install the drivers but nothing happen.

I installed the drivers, then click on NVEnabler.kext and it shows as install (very quickly) also copy it to the desktop and it worked.

When I restarted, it shows the NVdanv50HAL loaded and register, but again the black screen.

I did also just installed click on the NVEnabler.kext but did not install the drivers but nothing happen.

Oh no no..

I ask you to only try to install the NVEnabler.kext... 

I had understand that web drivers are not working for your card..

I want only know if the NVEnabler.kext builted works as expected, apologizes for the misunderstanding.

Yes I also did that, I only installed the NVEnabler.kext injection, which I mentioned on my previous post. I will send you the boot log so you see what happen when the NVEnabler is loaded.

read here, It could not work in v1.1...

The problem is fixed in v1.2

I try v1.2 on a fresh install, but nothing happen.

The second time with a fresh install, I click to copy the NvEnabler.kext to the Desktop and used Kext Wizard v3.7.10 to install the modified Kext, it did installed but nothing happen.The kext does not get loaded, if any other way let me know.

new version v1.2

120356newwebdriver.png

with the old v1.0 is the same :wink_anim:

The second time with a fresh install, I click to copy the NvEnabler.kext to the Desktop and used Kext Wizard v3.7.10 to install the modified Kext, it did installed but nothing happen.The kext does not get loaded, if any other way let me know.

Ok, the fact is that I'm trying it with an ATI 5770 :hysterical: (no NVIDIA until my lappy come back from the service), later I'll try to debugging it better!

You're available for further testing?

SIP disabled?