NVIDIA Web Driver Updater [UPDATE: 07/18/2016]

fantomas

122 posts in this topic

Given that they've publicly acknowledged the fact they're supporting laptops and iMacs (via the driver download page and their blog post), I have little doubt that they'll continue to do this.  It's very clear that NVIDIA is invested in their web driver as a way of enabling newer GPUs and providing better support for existing official products as well.

That's an OS version mismatch, not a hardware check failure.  What OS version are you on?  Non-beta releases are locked to one specific OS version as before, it's just that the driver installer package will now work on any NVIDIA system, not just the Classic MacPro.

Agreed! Anyway the app work for older OSes too where the restriction is still there (I guess)

• Like 1

Agreed! Anyway the app work for older OSes too where the restriction is still there (I guess)

Absolutely, yeah.  Might be worth mentioning the fact that this removal is only needed for older drivers, to avoid confusion.

For reference, here's the InstallerCheck from 346.01.03f01:

function InstallationCheck() 

{
if (!validateHardware()) return false;
if (!validateSoftware()) return false;

return true;
}

And here's the check from 346.03.02f01:

function InstallationCheck() 
{
if (!validateSoftware()) return false;

return true;
}

The latter, and all newer drivers, no longer even look at the hardware it's running on, it simply matches the OS version as before (with either a tight match to a specific OS like 14F27, or a loose match for preview OSes like 15B).

Absolutely, yeah.  Might be worth mentioning the fact that this removal is only needed for older drivers, to avoid confusion.

For reference, here's the InstallerCheck from 346.01.03f01:

And here's the check from 346.03.02f01:

The latter, and all newer drivers, no longer even look at the hardware it's running on, it simply matches the OS version as before (with either a tight match to a specific OS like 14F27, or a loose match for preview OSes like 15B).

Have you look on what NVIDIA Web Driver Updater.app do? :D

please report back!

fantomas and I were talking about the possibility of including a popup button that list all newer and old possible packages available from NVIDIA. The list will encompass all the OS build versions available.

If selected, you will be made the download of the selected version instead of the version needed by your OS (default).

Appears this useful?

• Like 2

Congratulations to the developers for a great App, if one day all the drivers could be install this way, all PC's will be WinTosh computers automatically!

But is there a way to make the App work without an internet connection?

I am running 10.10.5 on AMD and still have not been able to get my nForce ethernet to work.

I do have the latest Nvidia Web drivers, I placed it in the download folder but no luck.

Is there a folder I can place the already downloaded file to trick the App that the download is done and can do the patch?

Vous êtes des tueurs  :thumbsup_anim:

À quand l'intégration du téléchargement de Cuda

Fred :wink_anim:

Cuda? ... can be...

Congratulations to the developers for a great App, if one day all the drivers could be install this way, all PC's will be WinTosh computers automatically!

But is there a way to make the App work without an internet connection?

I am running 10.10.5 on AMD and still have not been able to get my nForce ethernet to work.

I do have the latest Nvidia Web drivers, I placed it in the download folder but no luck.

Is there a folder I can place the already downloaded file to trick the App that the download is done and can do the patch?

Sorry this app search the for NVIDIA'GPUs drivers only, and can't work offline (it should but we have to include all packages in the bundle 2/3 GB :hysterical: )

^_^

• Like 1

I used the App on a VirtualBox to get the patch Nvidia Driver. It will also install in VirtualBox machine but obviously it won't load the driver but the Nvidia manager shows up.

I tried the patch on the real machine but it does not works, get a black screen.

The question is:

Does the App patch the drivers with the specific hardware ID from where is running or will it make it universal installer?

Drivers are untouched. The app remove the package check for unsupported hardware on old OSes.This is already done by Nvidia for El Capitan (you can install it on any hardware).
....but I hope peoples install that on similar hardware (chip Family supported), not like install it for an old Geforce 9600GT only because is "NVIDIA" (the result should be a black screen), NVIDIA supports only real Macs --> too old Macs can't run El Capitan = the right package with the right drivers are always installed..... different story for hackintosh.
So, sure your virtual machine does not run your real GPU, is virtualized that too.

If that is possible, then the drivers should work in almost all Nvidia cards even on Hackintosh.

What about this:

The App gets to download the driver and before it does the patch, you have an option to manually enter the hardware ID from your card that is display from the System Information under Graphics/ Displays:

As an option the user enters the Vendor ID, Device ID, Revision ID if that is all it takes then is written to the installer and :robot: we got the best  Robot Driver Installer.! 

It is just an :idea:

If is as simple as that sure! but sometimes is good to have an option to enter the information or a check box if you want to insert the video card ID. The users can do some extra work on getting the info, less problematic of a failure if a future update and the App needs to be recreated. It will be a big ! :yoji:

Hi everybody,

The nVidia Update updater install correctly, but when i choose "NVIDIA Graphic Driver" in the NVIDIA Driver Manager Preference, and i reboot my hackintosh, "OS X Defaut graphics Driver" is always selected... so i try again and again, but always the same problem...
And since installing the NVidia driver, the icons are always placed to the right of the desktop, and the dock "Genius" effect no longer works, 
but it is always checked in the settings control panel ... I try to uncheck and checked again, but not working...

I have El Capitan with a GTX 660Ti, Asrock Z77 Extreme6 and a i7 3770.

Maybe a coincidence, but if someone can help me please...

Thank's a lot ;)

Hi everybody,

The nVidia Update updater install correctly, but when i choose "NVIDIA Graphic Driver" in the NVIDIA Driver Manager Preference, and i reboot my hackintosh, "OS X Defaut graphics Driver" is always selected... so i try again and again, but always the same problem...

And since installing the NVidia driver, the icons are always placed to the right of the desktop, and the dock "Genius" effect no longer works, but it is always checked in the settings control panel ... I try to uncheck and checked again, but not working...

Thank's a lot ;)

may be a concern in the config.plist and / or make a repair of authorization with KextWizard

Fred :wink_anim:

• Like 1

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your answer, i will trying KextWizard in few seconds...

Can you explain me "a concern in the config.plist" please, i'm a french newbie in hackintosh (do i have to remove the config.plist, and where can i find it ??)

No i'm going to try KextWizard and post result a bit later..

Thanks ;)

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your answer, i will trying KextWizard in few seconds...

Can you explain me "a concern in the config.plist" please, i'm a french newbie in hackintosh (do i have to remove the config.plist, and where can i find it ??)

No i'm going to try KextWizard and post result a bit later..

Thanks ;)

Put the description of his Hackintosh and indicate your bootloader in your signature.

This is practical to meet

Fred

Mettre la description de son Hackintosh et indiquer votre Bootloader dans votre signature.

Cest pratique pour répondre

Fred

Hi,

So i try KextWizard, it takes 3 seconds to repair permissions in S/L/E.. 

I reboot, try to move icons and reboot...

Idem, icons like the right side of the desktop ;)  and the Genius effect no more working..

I think i have a problem in my system.. but i don't know how to resolve it..

Maybe remove the Nvidia Driver Updater...

Put the description of his Hackintosh and indicate your bootloader in your signature.
This is practical to meet
Fred

Mettre la description de son Hackintosh et indiquer votre Bootloader dans votre signature.
Cest pratique pour répondre
Fred

OK, no problem... it's done ;)

Hi,

So i try KextWizard, it takes 3 seconds to repair permissions in S/L/E.. 

I reboot, try to move icons and reboot...

Idem, icons like the right side of the desktop ;)  and the Genius effect no more working..

I think i have a problem in my system.. but i don't know how to resolve it..

Maybe remove the Nvidia Driver Updater...

OK, no problem... it's done ;)

You did the right Nvidia Web Driver - 346.03.02f02

but this is not very useful since the 660Ti is native

Hi everybody,

And since installing the NVidia driver, the icons are always placed to the right of the desktop, and the dock "Genius" effect no longer works, but it is always checked in the settings control panel ... I try to uncheck and checked again, but not working...

Thank's a lot ;)

Where you have put "nvda_drv=1" flag?

If is as simple as that sure! but sometimes is good to have an option to enter the information or a check box if you want to insert the video card ID. The users can do some extra work on getting the info, less problematic of a failure if a future update and the App needs to be recreated. It will be a big ! :yoji:

Only Fermi generation NVIDIA GPUs need device injection, everything from the Kepler generation and beyond just works out of the box (and in fact works better if you *don't* try and inject the device via your bootloader).  Similarly, the latest NVIDIA drivers don't even check what system you are running on, just the OS build (either a loose match like 15B for unreleased OSes or an exact match like 14F27 for released OSes).  There should be very little modification required in order to install them.  One of the best features of this application is the fact it'll go and find the right driver for you, which avoids having to hunt around on NVIDIA's website to find the one that matches your OS etc.

• Like 1

My GPU is the GeForce 8300 mGPU:

2008 MCP78 80 Unknown Unknown PCIe 2.0 x16 8:8:4 500 1500 800
(system memory) 2 4 Up to 512 from system memory 6.4
12.8 DDR2 64
128 10.0 2.0 36 Unknown PureVideo 3 with VP3

using the nvda_drv=1 kernel flag I  can install the current web driver for Yosemite 10.10.5 wihout the need of this App, but both gets into a black screen. No modification to the system, using a clean install and the new Kernel for AMD, all works Graphics is at 6 MB Resolution 1680 x 1050 x32, it will help a lot to get the Nvidia Kext working. The info that is display under Graphics:

Vendor: Nvidia (0x10de) Device ID: 0x00a2

From my research I thought that the Kext need it to be modify to work, I do see that it gets loaded before the black screen.

If the injection is not need it, then I guess it maybe an issue with the Kernel and also for been on an AMD system.

Thanks for all the imput and replies!