Disable System Integrity Protection (SIP)

MNSiw

9 posts in this topic

I had Snow Leopard, downloaded El Capitan app from store, created 16GB partition on Snow Leopard drive and prepared it as installer because I don't have 16GB data stick, erased Snow Leopard parttion and installed El Capitan to it, it went smooth without any issue.

Now I have 2 partitions on drive, Installer and El Capitan, to enable my wireless, fix USB over current issue and proper shutdown and restart I need to disable SIP.

If I press and hold Cmd+R after Clover screen it boot to desktop, if I select Recovery HD from Clover boot menu and use 'csrutil disable' it show success messange but after reboot it's still enabled (csrutil status).

Is it due to Installer partition or I'm doing it wrong way, thanks.

To use unsigned kexts during first boot use bootflags rootless=0 and kext-dev-mode=1

The proper way of disable SIP later (I think) is to add to Clover's plist

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x67</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
</dict>

I found this somewhere in the forum and for me it is working perfectly.

• Like 3

To use unsigned kexts during first boot use bootflags rootless=0 and kext-dev-mode=1

The proper way of disable SIP later (I think) is to add to Clover's plist

<key>RtVariables</key>

<dict>

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>

<string>0x67</string>

<key>BooterConfig</key>

<string>0x28</string>

</dict>

I found this somewhere in the forum and for me it is working perfectly.

Thanks Green :-)

For installer and 1st boot 'boot with injected kexts' worked for me. Now have two issues, wireless kext not loading and showing USB over current error. I found something similar to disable SIP on an other forum, I'll try it.

• Like 1

1) kext-dev-mode is already implemented in rootless

2) rootless is part of SIP

now, it's only about enabling/disabling SIP... you don't need any more these flags in El Capitan

• Like 1

Doesn't seem to work for me with my EFI (not UEFI) installation doing the following:

First boot in clover 3280 with  "boot w/o caches and injecting third party kexts"

Then change the CSR like above using Clover installer. Save new .plist. Use new plist.

Restart. The kexts in Clover/kexts won't inject. Am I missing anything? Using Library/Extensions instead doesn't work neither (yes is an old board (GA P35-DS3R).

@LoBlanc,

Clover 3280 has SIP disabled by default. Try this, in your first boot, install all third party kexts and patched AppleHDA. Use the following URL to get Repair Permissions tool to repair disk permissions.

Enable SIP and reboot. Good luck. El Capitan is not the same Mac OS X like what we are use to. Apple has quietly put in a big monkey wrench into the whole OS. Too far we know SIP implementation & also USB. There maybe some more. Try and let us know. That tool as the author explained is specifically design for El Capitan has Apple took out disk utility ( disk repair permissions out of El Capitan). Good luck! 

https://www.firewolf.science/2015/07/repairpermissions-v2-0-cli/

• 2 weeks later...