Happy days! - Pentium D has installer working!

es27

9 posts in this topic

After days and months of trying I have managed to get installer working on Mavericks with Intel Pentuim D!

I haven't yet installed it but getting installer to work is a great achievement so installing it would be as easy.

The secret was with a Chaneleon boot loader I found. I will try and see if I can find it to put it up. To install this however you need the Hackintosh running OS X already. I recommend you use Snow Leopard to start with then Lion (and Mountain Lion although I skipped that straight here). You will also need Niresh Mavericks. Original Mavericks installer may work which I tried but needed too many kexts for my system (eg PS/2 mouse and keyboard control). The original kernel doesn't work however the kernel amd32 located inside Niresh Mavericks will load fine. Some of the other AMD kernels worked as well. You then need the bootflags -v pmVersion=0 -nossse3bit cpus=1 npci=0x3000. It should load fine.

I will update this once I finish the installation.

It is installing at the moment. It has taken soooo long but I can't confirm whether that is CPU or HDD. Last time I installed Lion it only took 15-30 min however I am still waiting for around 4 hours

• 1 month later...

hi,

i am trying to install osx mavericks (and after i want try yosemite) with my intel cpu D 820

can you, please, give me the mach_kernel for this two system?

i am trying and trying many kernels, with many bootflag without luck! :-(

For now i am on Lion

Thank you very much

hi,

i am trying to install osx mavericks (and after i want try yosemite) with my intel cpu D 820

can you, please, give me the mach_kernel for this two system?

i am trying and trying many kernels, with many bootflag without luck! :-(

For now i am on Lion

Thank you very much

I will give you the Mavericks kernel as soon as possible (I don't have it on my PC right now) but just in case I have attached the kernel for OS X 10.10.0 and 10.10.5

Also quick question what actually happens... I was in the same scenario as you, I tried many kernels but what happened is it kept on restarting after the kernel was loaded and when I found a working kernel i got another error (so annoying). A big problem I found was that it was my boot loader. The boot loader version and build didn't support my CPU. So what you are looking for is build:

Chameleon 2378 (10.10)

You can download it from Chameleon Wizard. INSTALL TO USB TO MAKE SURE IT WORKS!!.

Kernel6 - OSX 10.10.5

yosemite3 - OSX 10.10.0 - 10.10.3

I will upload Mavericks kernels once I get them.

Edit:

When you get mavericks you still have to use that boot loader

Archive.zip

Thank you very much for your help! :-)

Now i must just to do the work.

Another question, please. I am trying to put yosemite from apple store on usb and after copy a bootloader on usb.

is it the right way?

thank you very much.

Thank you very much for your help! :-)

Now i must just to do the work.

Another question, please. I am trying to put yosemite from apple store on usb and after copy a bootloader on usb.

is it the right way?

thank you very much.

Yes

Edited by Micky1979