Snow Leopard to El Capitan without USB

MNSiw

3 posts in this topic

Hi there, can any please help with this, I have Snow Leopard and Install OS X El Capitain app, is it possible to create Clover Installer on 16GB partition on same HDD where I have Snow Leopard and will install El Capitan to same HDD (an other partition)? I don't have USB drive.

If you install the latest clover, of thats the bootloader you use, and then from SL goto intall the EC app then it should prep itself for install. It should reboot and then at the clover boot screen select Install OSX rather than your SL install and it should proceed to the installer for EC.

I think this should be possible from SL but i am not certain - i have done this from Yosemite to EC without 'USB'

Thanks Mickey :-) I got it working, I created a 16GB partition on same drive, used manual (copy) way to prepare it as installer, booted to it, erased Snow Leopard parttion and installed El Capitan to it, everything is good excpet some kext problem.

Need to disable System Integrity Protection, already tried booting to Recovery and disabling it from Terminal, it show success message but when I reboot and check SIP status it's sitll enabled.