Supermicro X9Dai DSDT

fearandleb

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

here is a patched X9Dai DSDT, my kext folder and the Clover config.plist, recent with LAN and USB2.0 patches for El Capitan, working Ethernet with Apple I210 Kext (Vanilla) and working USB2.0 in El Capitan.

Replace the ACPI, kexts folder and config.plist in your EFI/CLOVER Folder on your System EFI Partition

I use it with Clover.

If anyone knows how to fix USB3.0 (on PEX5 and PEX6, Renesas 0194,1033) please drop me a line.

Archive.zip

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello Fearandleb,

Thank for you for the DSDT, it's working nicely.

I have a question, how did you installed El Capitan on the X9DAi ? I'm stuck at the install process, everything seems to pass then the screen gets scrambled with a stop sign and the machine hangs.

Currently I'm running the X9DAi with dual sandy E5-2650.

Maybe you used a special flag ? or particular config.plist under Clover ?

Thank you for your help and happy new year !

Which DSDT do you use? Hopefully not the one of this thread above. I thought I posted the complete EFI Folder content on the other site regarding the i350 Ethernet Problem?

Here again the EFI Folder, SMBIOS Lacks of UUID and Board Serial, so add a UUID by using uuidgen command in terminal and create a serial by using 17 Alphanumeric characters. Try adapting the Clover generated Serial Number.

To install do the following:

1. Disable Hyperthreading (no more than 16 logical cores are supported from yosemite up) and set ACPI to S3, change Boot to UEFI but leave GFX and Storage Controller BIOS to Legacy), check that your BIOS is updated to the latest.)

2. Download the Mac OSX on a real mac (maybe a Laptop)

3. Attach your Hack System Disk externally with USB 

4. Install OSX on the external Disk (Reboot into new Installation, complete it)

5. Reboot into your Real Macs System, leaving the USB Disk attached

6. Download recent Clover and install it onto the Hack System Disk (check twice to choose the proper disk)

7. Mount the Hack System Disks EFI Folder (diskutil list, diskutil mount diskXs1)

8. Copy attached clover Folders over the generated EFI/CLOVER Folder, replace the ACPI, kexts folder and config.plist in your EFI/CLOVER Folder on your Hack System Disk EFI Partition

9. Download Clover Configurator. Regenerate a SMBIOS - I use Macpro5,1

10. Open Terminal, issue uuidgen. Copy/Paste UUID into SMBIOS smUUID Field

11. Copy generated Serial Number into Board Serial Number Field. Add Random Alphanumeric Digits to the end until you count 17 Total

12. If you have more than 8 Memory Slots Populated, create the Memory Slots manually with the proper data (Serial number is not important)

13. Go to the Hack Disk in Terminal (cd /Volumes/Hack System Disk/System/Library/Caches and delete (rm -rf ./com.apple.kext.caches)

14. Plug Disk into your Hack and boot. Go into Bios and ad the Disk in Boot UEFI Menu.

15. Go into Clover Boot config menu and add -v -f to the list)

Thing should now boot. If not, try using nv_disable=1

Archive.zip

• 1 month later...

@fearandleb

Hoping you can help me getting my USB2 ports working as I've tried just about everything and your DSDT is the first that got something working.

I have the front panel USB 3 ports working by injecting GenericUSBXHCI.kext however under El Capitan they show up as USB2. Yosemite they were USB3

After using your DSDT, one of the USB2 ports showed up. What patches did you apply to get yours working?

Also , interested in which patch you used for the i350?

I am using Clover to fake the LAN ID with 0x15338086 which makes it work with the Vanilla i210 kext.

I would also like to share that using ssdtPRGen.sh I was able to add a patched ssdt and get CPU PM working, is your working OK with the Clover patches?

Thanks

If you followed my steps and used the files i provided above, you should have working USB and LAN without patching anything. Try to disable csr with clover (0x67) and boot with -v -f or regenerate kextcache and prelinked kernel with kextwizard or similar. The Blue USB3.0 Ports however I never got working with the RENESAS Chip and I gave up for the time beeing.

I noticed I change in the Ethernet and removed the Clover patch as you handle it in the DSDT.

I changed my SMBIOS to MacPro5.1 which supports more USBs and with your DSDT that certainly enables them. THANK YOU!!

I can now see the USB devices correctly named and hence recognized.

Using your Clover config or mine, since upgrading to 10.11 I seem to have lost some CPU power management functions.

i.e I get X86PlatformPlugin errors. I am using a patched SSDT and under 10.10 was getting a Geekbench 64bit Multicore speed around 49000.

https://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/5140854

Since the upgrade I am down at 25000 with dual E5-2697 v2's

Either way, your DSDT patched has removed a couple more patches from my clover and hopefully makes it more Vanilla.

Will let you know if I ever get any of the USB 3

s working, would really like to get the FP going at least.

I

Hi Graham, Renesas USB3.0 is no luck at the moment, i never found anything. MacPro5,1 does not have Turbo modes and C-States so PM does not work. You need MacPro6,1 to enable SSDT PM. So if you use MacPro6,1 you must edit inside /S/L/E the IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist

(Disable CSR by adding 0x67 to clover and reboot first)

Delete the Entry for MacPro6,1-EHC1 under IOKitPersonalities, and duplicate both Entries for MacPro5,1-EHC1 and -EHC2 and rename them to MacPro6,1-EHC1 and -EHC2.

After that you should get PM running again with your ssdt and usb2.0 and ethernet. Dont forget to apply the AICPMPatch and install the x79Platformplugin.

Also google AGDPfix and apply it before you reboot so you don´t get the black screen. 

Then recreate prelinked kernel and caches and reboot. When reboot is lucky, disable csr by changing to 0x0 in clover.

I would reccomend enable screen sharing and ssh so you could connect to the system even if you have the black screen and/or not working usb from another mac or vnc client.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306734-sandy-bridge-e-ivy-bridge-e-power-management-1011-final-app-store-realease/

Best of luck, and very cool pair of processors you have there. My money was only good for two 2670v1 :-)

Also with el capitan i observed multithreading is working again.

I decided to stay with macpro5,1 and without hyperthreading/PM, it gives me 29000geekbench. By enabling PM with turbo and ssdt and HT, geekbench was down to 24k. I did not had the time to debug this.

Mike

Mike, I made the changes to the USB kext as you suggested (after making the change to CSR first, which I did not understand until your steps) and set my SMBIOS to MacPro6,1 again.

I have an Nvidia card and has run into the black screen issue and have made the change to a Display Policy kext to enable it and thanks for the suggestion regarding screen sharing, that is something I started doing this week while sorting out the USB as I had no keyboard or mouse!!

Following the links you provided, I'm not quite sure if I need to patch or if Clover has an update to make it on the fly as I have been using that patch before but not with the X79PlatformPlugin kext.

I see all my P and C states reported by the CPUPMinfo kext, but it seems although they are there, it drops back to the lower state and doesn't move again.

My head hurts and need to clean up and start again and step through it bit by bit.

However I did want to express my thanks for incredible help you provided.

And yes when those CPU's are flying, it really flies, although had to turn of HT when I installed Yosemite as I ran into the 24 CPU limit that was added.

Hi,

here is a patched X9Dai DSDT, my kext folder and the Clover config.plist, recent with LAN and USB2.0 patches for El Capitan, working Ethernet with Apple I210 Kext (Vanilla) and working USB2.0 in El Capitan.

Replace the ACPI, kexts folder and config.plist in your EFI/CLOVER Folder on your System EFI Partition

I use it with Clover.

If anyone knows how to fix USB3.0 (on PEX5 and PEX6, Renesas 0194,1033) please drop me a line.

You saved me tons of work! Thank you so much F.!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

I know this thread is quite old, but maybe someone will help.

I also have a SupermicroX9Dai with 2x Xeon 2670. I used the DSDT and the config.plist provided above, made a El Capitan USB Clover boot stick.

When I boot, the stick is recognized but after selecting it in Clover, I have a black screen. I see that the USB stick flashing, which means that it is still loading but the screen stays black.

I have a Nividia 980ti. I tried nv_disable=1 and other bootflags (-v -x or -f for example) but still no success.

Anyone to support my quest ?

Thanks