Graphical Bug

geektm

9 posts in this topic

Hello. First of all I want to say thanks to everyone here. You guys are AWSOME.

I spend the last week installing yosemite 10.10.1 in my computer, here are the speecs:
-AMD antlon x4 640 @ 3.0Ghz.
-Nvidia gtx 960 MSI.

-Asrock motherboard. m3a770de ( Realtek RTL8111DL).
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/M3A770DE/
-DDR3 8 GB ram, Ripjaws.

Here are the boot flags that I used for install:
-/amd1 -v npci=0x2000

I had to use nv_disabler=1 the first time for boot the system in safe mode.

I have problems with the graphics. It looks like it works great everything but some icons are bugged. I am using Nvidia Web Driver: 343.02.01f01(Up to date). Default driver was not working.IMG_20151004_224840_copia.thumb.jpg.a5b6
The first thing that i tried to do was open Safari. Text pages are fine but when I open another with videos it does not work. Here is a pic of the error:IMG_20151004_225412.thumb.jpg.722684340e

I also tried with another web browsers like Chrome. When I open Chrome it looks like this :

IMG_20151004_230646.thumb.jpg.411a18d309
In this step i tried to use Firefox. In firefox youtube firefox works just fine but facebook is not working. The good news are that facebook works great on chrome. I dont understand this, for me makes no sense.

I also found another graphical bugs like this ones in skype:

IMG_20151004_225220.thumb.jpg.20090f2fce
Here are another visual problems too:

IMG_20151004_225251.thumb.jpg.fa9908231f

While I was reading this post I saw that the imager were too big. I am using a 1080p monitor. It is configured in PAL and 1080p. I swap the config to a lower resolution and I found that the blue icons of the beggining were fixed. But some times it turns another time blue. The other graphical bugs still here.

I also tested the graphics with CS GO. The game was not showing artifacts but it was not playable. It was in low getting masive frame drops.

org.chameleon.Boot.plist

I am also adding the boot.plist.

I just remembered that I am having a bug in verbose mode:

IMG_20151005_165238.thumb.jpg.a76067d4c3

Thanks for everything and your time reading this. If you can help me and you need something please ask for it. Have a good day everyone !

Thanks for the answers!

I tried to update and patch the kernel following this guide.

Sadly I must did something wrong. I can not boot any more. Steps that I followed:
1-First of all, I installed the combo update from apple web site. I did not reboot the computer . Then I put all files in visible.

2-I copied the kernel folder in "/", the root of my hard disk.*This must be wrong*

3- Use kext wizard and the System.kext located in the kernel that I downloaded.

4- Repair permisions with Kext Wizard.

5- I boot using "amd -f -x"

I thought that it was going to search in the root of the HDD a folder called amd and it was going to use that kernel, but I was totally wrong.

Loading kernel/System/Library/Kernels/amd
Can't find kernel/System/Library/Kernels/amd 

I am installing the everything another time. It looks like I have to put the kernel in "kernel/System/Library/Kernels/*NameOfTheFolderWereIsKernel*" but I dont know If it is the path of the folder were is the kernel or the path of the kernel itself like "kernel/System/Library/Kernels/NameOfTheKernel".

If some one can help me with this would be great, I am noob and I do not understand a lot of things. Thanks for all the help that I am getting.

The Problem is written in the Log.

Niresh

Hi niresh, sorry for my bad english, I know that is terrible. I did not understand you. You mean that exist a Log with a fix or that you wrote the problem in the Log ? 
Anyway I was not able to find that Log and it would great to take a look at it.

Do a clean install of 10.10.5. Don't use a distro, just do a retail install with the kernel by spakk or y2k4u. Disable NVIDIA injection (if you have it enabled) in your config.plist & make sure you are running the latest version of the NVIDIA Web Drivers.

Thanks for your advice ! Yesterday I tried to change the kernel in the niresh distro. At present I having problems afther loging("Your computer has shutdown because of a problem", I am stuck on that. I will try to use the usb for clean the user files. We will see if that is a fix). One question, for patch the kernel I just put it in the kernel folder. For boot I  just used the name of the kernel. I did not use Kext wizard or another tool. Is that correct ? I did not found any guide of how to patch a kernel.

Another question: Is it posible to do a usb with yosemite 10.10.5 and a custom kernel ?

Thanks to everyone for your time, have a good day.

Hi everyone ! I finally patch the kernel. I also had to install nvidia drivers another time. Everything looks awsome but i need to do more testing. I am in trouble with some kexts. For example HDMI sound is not displaying in sound settings. I will test I little bit more and I will post asap if everything else is ok. Any advice for fix the audio ? My usb headsed are displaying in the list, I am considering buying a cheap 5$ usb sound card for fix it.

The motherboard soundcard is not working properly in any SO, so I think that is going to get me more problems that progress.

I know that is not a fix but I read that is a little hard get the sound working in my 960.  

Thanks to everyone for help me with this project. With out your help I would not be able to do anything.