[HOW TO] Fix second stage boot logo and loading bar for some dedicated desktop video cards

arsradu

391 posts in this topic

in the config.plist

?

Please, remove the sensitive information from your config and upload it here to take a look.

This is what you should see in your config. 

post-1303722-0-58155000-1518816089_thumb.png

You provided the Graphics section. I'm more interested in the Devices section.

If you open the config with a text editor (I suggest Sublime for that), in your Devices section, you should have something similar to this going on.

post-1303722-0-23833200-1518816469_thumb.png

So I would suggest uploading the config.plist here to take a look.
  • Like 1

Please, remove the sensitive information from your config and upload it here to take a look.

This is what you should see in your config. 

attachicon.gifpost-1303722-0-50532800-1444057472.png

You provided the Graphics section. I'm more interested in the Devices section.

If you open the config with a text editor (I suggest Sublime for that), in your Devices section, you should have something similar to this going on.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-02-16 at 23.26.31.png

So I would suggest uploading the config.plist here to take a look.

yes yes, I followed the procedure and entered in the config.plist

You can see if everything is right

2luqrm0.png

Please, upload:

1. default and edited device-properties.xml

2. default and edited device-properties.hex

3. config.plist (remove sensitive data)

What you're showing me doesn't tell me anything about your editing. It just shows that your boot display is located at the first port (A@0). Which is fine. But I can't tell you if everything is fine, based on that. Since you didn't actually show me what you did. The editing itself. That's the important part. Not the ioreg.

So, please, upload the files mentioned above if you want me to take a look at it.

Please, upload:

1. default and edited device-properties.xml

2. default and edited device-properties.hex

3. config.plist (remove sensitive data)

What you're showing me doesn't tell me anything about your editing. It just shows that your boot display is located at the first port (A@0). Which is fine. But I can't tell you if everything is fine, based on that. Since you didn't actually show me what you did. The editing itself. That's the important part. Not the ioreg.

So, please, upload the files mentioned above if you want me to take a look at it.

here's to you

thanks

aplha22.zip

here's to you

thanks

You didn't quite follow the tutorial step by step. Did you? :)) Also, you didn't attach the original (unedited) files.

Anyway, the editing is probably mostly on point.

Just so you know, you don't need to inject EDID. Clover does that automatically.

What I would recommend is to make a separate config with your changes (you can call it config_test or something) and one without those changes. So you can have a backup in case the changes you made are not ok.

Anyway, did you give it a try? Does it work for you?

You didn't quite follow the tutorial step by step. Did you? :)) Also, you didn't attach the original (unedited) files.

Anyway, the editing is probably mostly on point.

Just so you know, you don't need to inject EDID. Clover does that automatically.

What I would recommend is to make a separate config with your changes (you can call it config_test or something) and one without those changes. So you can have a backup in case the changes you made are not ok.

Anyway, did you give it a try? Does it work for you?

Hi, these are the original files

Alpha22.zip

Hi, these are the original files

Yeah, I'm pretty sure those are not the original files. :) First, your device-properties should be an xml, not a plist. Second, it shouldn't contain stuff like your Nvidia card ROM version and all that. If you extracted them now, after applying the patch, it doesn't really work.

Anyway...let's move on. Did you try these edits? Do they work for you?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure those are not the original files. :) First, your device-properties should be an xml, not a plist. Second, it shouldn't contain stuff like your Nvidia card ROM version and all that. If you extracted them now, after applying the patch, it doesn't really work.

I was wrong, you're right these are the ones extracted

Alpha22.zip

Yes, I tried the modified version

Ok. Let's make a deal so we don't spam everyone subscribed to this thread.

I try to put everything I need in one post, and you try to read everything and reply. This way, I don't need to repeat my questions a thousand times until I get a reply. Do you think we can do this? :))

I asked you if it works for you. And you seem to have read only the first question and ignore the second one. Just like you ignored it in my previous posts.

I would like to ask you to stop doing that and try to read the entire post, and then reply.

I'd like us to have a productive conversation here, in which you get your issue fixed and I get to keep the rest of my neurones alive. :))

So, what is the status right now? Does it work? Do you have the logo in place? Do you have the loading bar in place (in the middle of the screen)? Do you have ANY changes?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 7:08 PM, YukiPowa said:
Hi,

I have Catalina 10.15.4 and Vega 64

I want fix second stage, because in the middle load, black screen and after 2-3s video reup.

I have test fix with DisplayBoot or/and your method but not change

I don't think there is a fix for that. Also it's not what this topic is aiming to fix. default_smile.png

That, to me, is pretty normal, and it's a lot better than it was before, believe me. default_smile.png

A small gap in between the first and the second stage boot is really insignificant. Also, if I'm not mistaken, some of the real Macs (older ones) had it too. So I wouldn't focus too much on it.

Edited by arsradu