OS X doesn't boot...

mawa

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I've installed OS X 10.4.4 on my VMware, and everything was going fine, until the reboot...

He said: System config file '/com.apple.boot.plist' not found

There were no anomalies during the installation...

My system:

VMware 5.0.0

Mac OS x86 10.4.4

AMD Athlon 64 XP 3500+

1GB DDR RAM

250 GB HDD

Any ideas :idea: ?

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone,

I've installed OS X 10.4.4 on my VMware, and everything was going fine, until the reboot...

He said: System config file '/com.apple.boot.plist' not found

There were no anomalies during the installation...

My system:

VMware 5.0.0

Mac OS x86 10.4.4

AMD Athlon 64 XP 3500+

1GB DDR RAM

250 GB HDD

Any ideas :( ?

you've removed the installation DVD? You have to boot from the VMware virtual partition.

I have a problem too after restarting the system. But my system freezes in a black window with a white cursor

• 4 weeks later...

I also get this problem .......

My notebook is compaq v3112au.

I use vmware to install because DVD boot intstall mode cannot work in this notebook. (/com.apple.Boot.plist not found)

vmware install mode is smooth but until restart, it cannot boot into osx, it like to boot form my CD than say /com.apple.Boot.plist not found.

I also copy chain0 to drive C: and edit boot.ini, restart i get "chain booting error" ........

Thank you for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
you've removed the installation DVD? You have to boot from the VMware virtual partition.

I have a problem too after restarting the system. But my system freezes in a black window with a white cursor

Did you ever get this fixed Alex? I'm using Mac-OSx86-10.4.8-SSE3 on VMware 5.5.3 build-34685 and get the same problem.

• 1 month later...