BIOS stopped detecting and booting from SSD

AlexPilk

2 posts in this topic

Hi! I have an UEFI bios (got it to install Yosemite on my Dell Inspiron laptop). Got an HDD with an old Mavericks system and an SSD with W7 and Yosemite. Today Clover suddenly stopped detecting my Yosemite and I couldn't boot into W7 as well (got "A disk read error occured" message). SSD was detected in BIOS, and I could boot into Mavericks on my SSD. I could see the SSD partitions fine, checked them with Disk Utility. Everything seems ok. Then eventually BIOS stopped seeing my SSD after a few reboots, and after trying to boot with the Yosemite install stick it stopped seeing any Clover boot options, I can't even boot into my HDD system.

I haven't done anything suspicious before that happened, just installed USB WLAN card drivers on W7 and rebooted. Tried resetting BIOS options to default. My laptop model is Dell Inspiron N5110. Everything was working fine for months. Thank you!

Hi! I have an UEFI bios (got it to install Yosemite on my Dell Inspiron laptop). Got an HDD with an old Mavericks system and an SSD with W7 and Yosemite. Today Clover suddenly stopped detecting my Yosemite and I couldn't boot into W7 as well (got "A disk read error occured" message). SSD was detected in BIOS, and I could boot into Mavericks on my SSD. I could see the SSD partitions fine, checked them with Disk Utility. Everything seems ok. Then eventually BIOS stopped seeing my SSD after a few reboots, and after trying to boot with the Yosemite install stick it stopped seeing any Clover boot options, I can't even boot into my HDD system.
I haven't done anything suspicious before that happened, just installed USB WLAN card drivers on W7 and rebooted. Tried resetting BIOS options to default. My laptop model is Dell Inspiron N5110. Everything was working fine for months. Thank you!

Try putting that SSD onto another system, see if it works