'com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load succeeded'

0000-1248

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I'm currently trying to install OS X Mavericks on my Lenovo ThinkCentre M58 SFF.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66GHz

Motherboard: Lenovo G31T-LM2 S775

RAM: 2GB

Graphics: Onboard (soon to upgrade to nVidia GT 210)

I am currently getting an issue with it that it freezes on this screen. It stops on 'com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load succeeded'. I've heard that it is possibly a graphics issue?  A screenshot is attatched below. 

Thanks in advance,

- Matt

Edit: Sorry for the picture being upside-down, I couldn't seem to fix that.

post-1410642-0-05155400-1443881181_thumb.jpg

Extensions.tiff

need a clear picture, but also need more information: what boot loader are you using, what extension have you added(and where), are you using a USB stick for install etc... 

HBP

Thanks for the reply! I'm using a [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] stick with Chimera 3/4. It has heaps of extensions in /E/E, will post a screenshot. Also in original post there will be a right-side up photo. 

Thanks,

- Matt

ok... here is a simple solution to try, having made an ASSUMPTION (about your tech level) make sure you have a clean copy of the installer downloaded from apple.

download the USB maker from this link, rename Mavericks installer app to 'Install OS X El Capitan.app' without the tic marks. and then run the USB maker.  after it is done, run it again and use post install (the second button) and install only the FakeSMC options.

an alternative  is to use this link, and 'Installer OS X Yosemite.app' without the tic marks. as above.

post your Progress and let me know how it turns out. and if the error, or where it locks up is different.

HBP

Mate I made my own installer. I was just trying te dreaded [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to see whether I got different results, so please don't assume I'm at a low tech level. Thanks for the solution though! I will try it tomorrow or whenever I have the time. If this doesn't work, I've heard people have gotten it to work with a distro, but I like to keep my installations as vanilla as possible

Thanks,

- Matt

Thanks! It did the trick. I reckon it was Clover that did it. I would've tried it if I'd known it had a Legacy option though. I thought it was UEFI only!

Anyway, Thanks so much!

- Matt